• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Picking up your cross and following Jesus doesn't mean a burden they must carry. It means willing to die to follow Jesus. It is called "dying to self". It is a call to absolute surrender Luke 9: 24-25

Following Jesus is easy when life runs smoothly; our true commitment is revealed in trials.

If you wonder if you are ready to take up your cross, consider these questions:

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means losing some of your closest friends?

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means alienation from your family?

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means the loss of your reputation?

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means losing your job?

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means losing your life?

Very nice…

Than says scripture, that willingness shall be turned into a knowing..

John 7:17a (NKJV)
“If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine………………..

Be blessed in the willing and than the fruit of that willingness…

A fellow follower, Not me 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Not me said:

Very nice…

Than says scripture, that willingness shall be turned into a knowing..

John 7:17a (NKJV)
“If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine………………..

Be blessed in the willing and than the fruit of that willingness…

A fellow follower, Not me 

A man who is a born again believer gets a new promotion in his job. He will be making more money and better benefits. Although he will have to travel with a woman co-worker and staying in motels as they travel and he is a married man.  Should this man take the promotion?

Edited by missmuffet

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

A man who is a born again believer gets a new promotion in his job. He will be making more money and better benefits. Although he will have to travel with a woman co-worker and staying in motels as they travel and he is a married man.  Should this man take the promotion?

There are some questions that would need to be answered..,. 

Since the man is married, what does his wife say? 
Can she go with him? 
Is the woman married? 
Is she a Christian? 
If so what does her husband say? Also how old are each of them and how long have they been married? 

But most importantly what does the man’s relationship with Christ say? For one’s relationship with Christ is the arbiter of such things… I’m not sure if there’s a one size fits all answer to this ?

Not sure if I was any help, but hopefully at least gave some thoughts for prayer…Be blessed in your searching into the answer…

A fellow believer, Not me 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

22 minutes ago, Not me said:

There are some questions that would need to be answered..,. 

Since the man is married, what does his wife say? 
Can she go with him? 
Is the woman married? 
Is she a Christian? 
If so what does her husband say? Also how old are each of them and how long have they been married? 

But most importantly what does the man’s relationship with Christ say? For one’s relationship with Christ is the arbiter of such things… I’m not sure if there’s a one size fits all answer to this ?

Not sure if I was any help, but hopefully at least gave some thoughts for prayer…Be blessed in your searching into the answer…

A fellow believer, Not me 

Of course he would have to consult his wife. But would he?

Good question if he wife could accompany him. She would not have to be employed.

Just because the other woman is married doesn't mean a whole lot. 

If she is a born again Christian like the man there is still a lot of temptation unless they make a vow ahead of time to stay away from each other except at work.

Age really doesn't mean anything nor does the years they have been married. 

It is just a situation that has to be given to God. And the man needs to listen to God even if He says "NO".

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Of course he would have to consult his wife. But would he?

Good question if he wife could accompany him. She would not have to be employed.

Just because the other woman is married doesn't mean a whole lot. 

If she is a born again Christian like the man there is still a lot of temptation unless they make a vow ahead of time to stay away from each other except at work.

Age really doesn't mean anything nor does the years they have been married. 

It is just a situation that has to be given to God. And the man needs to listen to God even if He says "NO".

I glad you found what you were looking for..…

Be blessed in Jesus, Not me 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

They don't hv to sleep in the same room. 

If they hv mutual interest for romance they can always go to the hotel without making business trip anyway.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No he should not take it.

Money isn't everything, he is removing himself from his family for extensive periods, depriving his wife and children of his presence, wisdom and leadership, he is also limiting his avalability to attend or serve in church.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I believe Christ is very straight forward and I say this with absolute conviction, as most of us recall from our Sunday School days no matter what,"  And lead us not into temptation , but deliver us from evil"(E.S.V.Mt.6:13) also as we grew up,"27.You have heard that it was said, ' You shall not commit adultery' 28.But I say to you that everyone who looks at a women with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."(Mt.5:27-28).Being on the "road" or in the "office" should not make any difference, unless of course there is a "specific reason" in your "heart or conscience" which makes you reluctant to accept the tempting challenge posed which only you and Christ are aware.I believe this to be a question only you can answer.I say this with the greatest love as a Christian brother. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Picking up your cross and following Jesus doesn't mean a burden they must carry. It means willing to die to follow Jesus. It is called "dying to self". It is a call to absolute surrender Luke 9: 24-25

Following Jesus is easy when life runs smoothly; our true commitment is revealed in trials.

If you wonder if you are ready to take up your cross, consider these questions:

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means losing some of your closest friends?

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means alienation from your family?

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means the loss of your reputation?

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means losing your job?

* Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means losing your life?

Take up your cross and follow Him.

This is a daily action, not a one off. Not suggesting at all that, that is what was meant in the op. The verse says at the end to follow Him. So what does that mean in context? It means doing what He did. What did He do? As Yeshua hadn't died and resurrected yet His whole life up until His death was lived a certain way. What was that way? This is context. They knew what the cross/execution stake was and what was meant by that but they didn't know that at the time He taught this, that, that was to be His destiny. Taking up ones cross is dying to self and doing what He did which is following Him. An understanding of discipleship in the 1st context also helps in the understanding of this verse. 

What also helps is reading the same and similar accounts from the other gospels if possible for eg Matt 10:38, Matt 16:24, Mark 9:34 and Luke 14:27

Shalom