• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

Or did Peter receive two baptisms in the Holy Spirit? Thats it. Thank you.

Now you know why there are thousands of denominations - 

tongues as the sign that a disciple has been baptized in the Holy Spirit is a stumbling block.

1Cor 2:12  But WE received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God; that we might know the things freely given to us of God. 
1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in words taught of man’s wisdom, but in Spirit-taught words; interpreting spiritual things to spiritual men. 
1Co 2:14  Now man natural receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him; and know he cannot, because they are spiritually judged. 

Previously when I was Roman Catholic I knew nothing about the infilling of the Holy Spirit and praying in tongues or of laying hands on others. Then one day I read a testimony printed on paper stuck on a wooden door out in a shopping mall. 

A wonderful testimony from a former heroin addicted hippy woman who also had hepatitis C. She described how she was witnessed to and believed, then underwent baptism by full immersion and prayed to receive the Holy Spirit. When she was baptized in the Holy Spirit she spoke in tongues and was made whole - set free from her addictions and healed from hepatitis. 

I was stunned and asked myself "Can this be true, or is this some made up story from members of a fringe Christianity?" Oh that Catholicism kicked in right away.

To cut a long story short I prayed to Jesus about what is the truth? Is this Pentecostal church with all its testimonies to healings and miracles and speaking in tongues the gospel honoured by you Lord? Show me and lead me to your truth.

And He did just that (despite my reservations and blind loyalty to the Mother Church). And I ended up in a hall on a Wednesday night and got baptized by full immersion. One month later while praying to receive the Holy Spirit I did and I spoke wonderfully out loud in the tongue of angels. A spiritual prayer language given to a Spirit-filled disciple. And immediately I received on that day my first miracle healings. 

One must overcome pride and become humble like a child to enter the kingdom of God. I read the scriptures, I believed them, I put my repentance into action and God rewarded my simple faith. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Waggles said:

Now you know why there are thousands of denominations - 

tongues as the sign that a disciple has been baptized in the Holy Spirit is a stumbling block.

1Cor 2:12  But WE received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God; that we might know the things freely given to us of God. 
1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in words taught of man’s wisdom, but in Spirit-taught words; interpreting spiritual things to spiritual men. 
1Co 2:14  Now man natural receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him; and know he cannot, because they are spiritually judged. 

Previously when I was Roman Catholic I knew nothing about the infilling of the Holy Spirit and praying in tongues or of laying hands on others. Then one day I read a testimony printed on paper stuck on a wooden door out in a shopping mall. 

A wonderful testimony from a former heroin addicted hippy woman who also had hepatitis C. She described how she was witnessed to and believed, then underwent baptism by full immersion and prayed to receive the Holy Spirit. When she was baptized in the Holy Spirit she spoke in tongues and was made whole - set free from her addictions and healed from hepatitis. 

I was stunned and asked myself "Can this be true, or is this some made up story from members of a fringe Christianity?" Oh that Catholicism kicked in right away.

To cut a long story short I prayed to Jesus about what is the truth? Is this Pentecostal church with all its testimonies to healings and miracles and speaking in tongues the gospel honoured by you Lord? Show me and lead me to your truth.

And He did just that (despite my reservations and blind loyalty to the Mother Church). And I ended up in a hall on a Wednesday night and got baptized by full immersion. One month later while praying to receive the Holy Spirit I did and I spoke wonderfully out loud in the tongue of angels. A spiritual prayer language given to a Spirit-filled disciple. And immediately I received on that day my first miracle healings. 

One must overcome pride and become humble like a child to enter the kingdom of God. I read the scriptures, I believed them, I put my repentance into action and God rewarded my simple faith. 

To conclude my own contribution to this discourse.

I can identify with what you have said - and I can also see why divisions exist even when we make simple and personal statements that are no more than our own account.

Unfortunately as much as the flesh of men - or their fleshy hearts is concerned - it is also unclean spirits - and worse even that such demons - it is men who have become demonic in their ambitions that cause the greater divisions in the churches by speaking perverse things.

Speaking perverse things comes from diastrepho (διαστρέφω) and means, to twist or distort. The effect is schisms within the church, and that is the root meaning of heresy hairetikos αἱρετικός and αἱρετικσν from αἵρεσιςc

A factious man such as that spoken by Titus 3:10, “A factious (αιρετικον) man after a first and second admonition refuse" is not a man who is unpalatable or even a man who is carnal - it is a man who divides by reason of heretical or factious doctrine. So that speaks about the effect of the gift of tongues as you stated in your opening line. 

"Tongues as the sign that a disciple has been baptized in the Holy Spirit is a stumbling block."

And that speaks to why almost the entire Pentecostal movement is now deficient of public speaking in tongues - where there is a need for a translation. And why those who have an ecstatic tongue of Angels have preserved their use of that gift to their private lives. Division is unavoidable unless the Lord removes every semblance of the power of the Kingdom. And whilst I am generalising -  based on nearly 40 years of witnessing it and warning against a misuse of such doctrines as the first evidence of the Holy Spirit - being tongues - I have seen the decline of the Pentecostal movement dramatically when it comes to seeing the power of the Kingdom in the midst. That is not a rebuke - it is a polite and factual comment. 

Edited by Kelly2363
added middle case hyphen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

4 hours ago, Sold Out Disciples said:

Good for you Baltika to question the well established system which is FALSE! HalleluYah! I hope that you will keep being curious and keep questioning things, and let the Holy Spirit Guide you into All Truth.

Greetings to everyone here.

ALL DENOMINATIONS of Christianity are man made, carnal, prideful, of the flesh, NOT APPROVED BY YESHUA Ha MASHIACH ( greek enlish transliteration = Jesus Christ). They are the result of immature babies in Christ, quarreling and unwilling to WALK IN LOVE. You may already be familiar with where this mess was going on in the Corinthian Church, I Cor. 1:10-3:23. I Cor. 12 also has a lot to say about how the BODY is NOT DIVIDED.

I agree,it is wonderful to hear questions like this & so good that Baltika is seeking Truth,I do hope she's reading & will come back real soon....I would not want her to be turned off by anything posted here.Many times when we are not in agreement it can be very confusing for the babes in Christ (or anyone seeking advice) ,not so much for the different views but because of the hostility some show when someone disagrees with they believe or have a different opinion

So please,Baltika...don't judge WCF because of anything said that is rude or uncalled for-in the same way we should judge any churches before we truly listen to the message -perhaps because of how it is delivered   You have One to rely & depend on,ALWAYS & that is Jesus Who is the Word of God....in us is Holy Spirit(the Counselor) Who Will lead,guide & direct your path as you begin to walk in Spirit & in Truth-it is a process dear one,you keep on seeking God & subject ALL matters before Christ Jesus and there you find TRUTH

Here,there & everywhere you will get different perspectives & varying opinions on such matters but read on,see consistency in how a member here posts& see if they are patient,kind,understanding ,if they entertain & partake of nonsense & mostl importantly"Does what they speak line up with Gods Word".....this is the same thing you should do when visiting churches.....

I myself attend a non-denominational church & I do visit my old Pentacostal church from time to time......I take what is Good,what is Godly & leave the rest,I've yet to find a church as the Gatherings of the Body described in the Scriptures.....a very good reason we dont see the miraculous works & wonders in the churches as the whole are not in one accord

Read Gods Word & seek Him in it,in Christ Jesus pray for discernment and keep trying-I've been looking for 4 decades & the church I attend is a great place to Praise & Worship in fellowship and hear the unadulterated Word.....Going to church is important for us,we should have Fellowship with the Body,you can find other m embers of the Body of Christ in churches but all members of the "church" are not members of Christs Body of Believers......"Church"should mean "the Body of Christ" & not "a building" .....where 2 or more of us are gathered in His Name......:emot-hug:  Hope this helps a little                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Oh,Why are there so many has been answered-Confusion is not of God,the enemy is a LIAR who wants to steal,kill & destroy -division accomplishes his goals

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,416
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As I have read all the posts I find it a little distressing that no one has stated the very obvious ...
Satan perverts God's Word as in the beginning hath God said... you will not die... The Bible is very specific about The Scriptures speak for themselves:

John 7:17

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
KJV

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,416
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As I have read all the posts I find it a little distressing that no one has stated the very obvious ...
Satan perverts God's Word as in the beginning "hath God said"... "you will not die"... The Bible is very specific about The Scriptures speaking for themselves:

John 7:17

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
KJV

Obedience to what is learned in The Scripture is the key to developing sound doctrine BUT if you ignore or twist~ then you begin a false doctrine within yourself and the truth will evade you because you have filled yourself with lie calling it truth... we are warned about the subtlety of satan and the many and varying beliefs of Scripture tells us just how subtle ....  examine yourself daily to see if there is any disobedience within your heart or mind to the things of God in His Word -not to do to get- but so that you may grow in pure religion of God's Word

James 1:27

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
KJV

Stationing one's self upon solid foundation of Scripture is the assurance of God in one's own heart that of peace that will pass all understanding... it is worth the effort in the work required

2 Tim 2:15-16

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
KJV

Prayed for your growth in His Word...

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DISOBEDIENCE  TO  THE  TRUTH 

1 CORINTHIANS  1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ---that you all speak the same thing--- and that there be --no divisions --- among you but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement 

PROVERBS 22:20  have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge 

--22:21-- that I might make thee know ---the certainty of the words of truth---that thou might answer the words of truth---to them that send unto thee 

LUKE 8:21  and  HE  answered and said unto them --- my mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of  GOD  and do it ---

LUKE 6:46  and why call you  ME  LORD  LORD ---and do not the things which I say---

ISAIAH 32:6  for the vile person will speak villany and his heart will work iniquity ---to practise hypocrisy  --  and to utter error against  THE  LORD---to make empty the soul of the hungry and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail 

PSALM 140:3  they have sharpened their ---tongues-- like a serpent adders poison is under their lips--- selah  

ROMANS 3:13  their throat is an open sepulchre ---with their tongues they have used deceit --- the poison of asps is under their lips---

ISAIAH 59:3  for your hands are defiled with blood and your fingers with iniquity your lips have spoken lies ---your tongue hath muttered perverseness---

MARK 16:17  and these signs shall follow them that believe they shall cast out devils ---they shall speak with new tongues---

1 TIMOTHY 6:3   if any man --teach otherwise-- and consent not to wholesome words --- even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  and the doctrine which is according to godliness 

--6:4-- he is proud knowing nothing --- but doting about questions and strifes of words whereof cometh envy strife railings evil surmisings 

--6:5-- perverse disputings of ---men of corrupt minds---and destitute of the truth supposing that gain is godliness ---from such withdraw thyself--

ACTS 2:4  AND  THEY  WERE  ALL  FILLED  WITH  THE  HOLY  SPIRIT  AND  BEGAN  TO  SPEAK  WITH  OTHER  TONGUES  AS  THE  SPIRIT  GAVE  THEM  UTTERANCE  

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing ---the words that I speak unto you --they are spirit--and they are life--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

One Simple Answer

"Because People"

People want

• to be in charge
  •  to be special
  • to bearers of the secret flame 

In one sense it makes good sense, at one point we have pretty much one global church and it was corrupt and uncontrollable

dividing it amongst several groups has mitigated that. But again that is just because people are going to people.   Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

God and Christianity has no denominations, people do.

So Again - Because People

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/23/2021 at 1:15 AM, Baltika said:

Why are there so many denominations?

I wish it could be simple.

I'm looking and thinking of joining the Seventh Day Adventist cuz they believe in the Law and Shabbat.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks and God Bless

Baltika

Denominations are divisive. Why is it God's people want to separate ourselves and yet the demons are united? I would advise you to thoroughly investigate any denomination before becoming a member. From my experience, NO denomination has everything right. Not one! Denominations are of men's teaching and not of God. FOLLOW Yeshua! The first believers were called Messianic Believers. Check for Messianic Assemblies in your area. Wherever you go,  NEVER just blindly follow everything the person at the pulpit says. Be like the Bereans and test everything according to the WHOLE Word. If Yeshua didn't do it, didn't live it, or didn't teach it, you should steer clear of it, for it is most likely a man-made doctrine...

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

@Baltika, when I was younger I believed different denominations represented the different spiritual attributes in the members of the body.

Even before this plandemic I was linging for a truth that would set me free. I've always known there were things wrong with the churches, the circa...these folks have a form of godliness. They're EMPLOYED by an organization & ultimately by the government;"covid" was a gift to a remnant.

I believe what you're seeking is spiritual sanctification through obedience in Yah, the father, his commandments which did not change, his feasts that are true holydays, and a departure from Babylon.

There are places that do this.

I'll share with you personally my journey, God is calling His people into accord, loudly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

There are differences of thought, belief and opinions by people of whom are seeking to honor God according to their consciences and their understanding of God's Word. The beliefs listed below are agreed upon by any serious protestant / evangelist that the gospel message is at the core of Christianity. And that they are essential to the Christian faith. Any person or denomination who removes or changes one or more of the core belief's will soon find their religion is null and void and they are practicing an empty faith.

Any denomination that claims to be Christian but deny one or more of the essentials of the Christian faith is to be avoided. We must be of one mind on the essentials of the faith, but beyond that there is great deal of latitude, and this diversity allows us to be individuals in Christ.

Jesus is the Son of God and is equal with God
Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life
Jesus was crucified to pay the penalty for our sins
Jesus rose from the dead
We are saved by the grace of God; that is, we cannot add to or take away from Christ’s finished work on the cross as full payment for our sin
God's written word is infallible
Jesus is fully God, and fully man at the same time
There must be a spiritual transformation
There is only one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons — the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Are co-equal and co-eternal, one in essence, nature, power, action, and will.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1