IGNORED

What is the most important thing for believers.

Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

This could become a broad thing. In a believers life everything is important It may  also seem as a guessing game. It might also be answered in the first post. It cold also be the most forgotten thing. This may be a very interesting post.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,023
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

59 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

This could become a broad thing. In a believers life everything is important It may  also seem as a guessing game. It might also be answered in the first post. It cold also be the most forgotten thing. This may be a very interesting post.

I'm going with these verses:

1Co 13:13  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Mat 22:37-40  Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’  (38)  This is the first and great commandment.  (39)  A second likewise is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’  (40)  The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

3 minutes ago, bropro said:

'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

Life changes when you really understand what this means. I'm still working it out myself, but can already see some radical permutations. For example: self-defense -- loving another as yourself means loving those who attack you. How this plays out varies but it could mean you allow yourself to be injured or killed rather than harm another.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

I'm going with these verses:

1Co 13:13  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Mat 22:37-40  Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’  (38)  This is the first and great commandment.  (39)  A second likewise is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’  (40)  The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

Yes these are the two greatest commandment. How do we express two commandments? I need to say I have failed my Lord many times during my walk Emotion is hurting me even now 

25 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes these are the two greatest commandment. How do we express these two commandments? I need to say I have failed my Lord many times during my walk Emotion is hurting me even now . Still there is one thing and its very much a part these two commandments. Actually the two commandments are an umbrella. I will give a hint. We only have one day at a time, but if God should give more days how shall we please Him please Him the most.    Addiction is often very clos to habits  

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,023
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

14 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes these are the two greatest commandment. How do we express two commandments? I need to say I have failed my Lord many times during my walk Emotion is hurting me even now 

Yes, I have been pierced through with sorrows.

It seems very strange for there to be a constant stream of human beings coming into an existence, through no choice of their own, that is so catastrophically flawed and capable of inflicting such indescribable torments on them.

Whilst the Bible addresses this issue, and makes the reality of it coherent, it remains for each of us to persevere with things over which we have no control.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

33 minutes ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Life changes when you really understand what this means. I'm still working it out myself, but can already see some radical permutations. For example: self-defense -- loving another as yourself means loving those who attack you. How this plays out varies but it could mean you allow yourself to be injured or killed rather than harm another.  

This is related to what you, @Michael37, and @bropro have shared in this topic:

We serve the Lord in newness of life, having been lifted up from the ruin of our trespasses (raised with Christ Jesus), and the Lord was well-pleased to create a new heart within us. Seeing as how the Lord has no need of anything, He commissions us to serve our neighbor in His name. We are called by His name after all.

Being keepers of His word (loving the Lord our God), then, we walk according to His Spirit and fulfill His royal law which is, "Love your neighbor as yourself." There is no greater calling than to serve others in His name, whether our fellows are brethren or the perishing whom our Lord came in this flesh to save. 

I've faced the trial you mention above on more than one occasion so like our brother Michael, I've been pierced by many sorrows. "Loving those who attack you" is in keeping with the teaching of our Lord, who tells us to return evil with good and to bless those who hate us. It's a terrible thing to hold the life of another in your hand, knowing that you possess the means to end it; this is every bit the fiery trial. "Agony" best describes what I experienced the first time I found myself faced with this trial, brother. 

I stood upon the edge and waged war against this flesh. Everything cried out for their blood --- it seemed right and just, even --- but I heeded the word of the Lord and did nothing to the tormentor of my dear friend. This was the greatest of blessings for we bore witness to the Lord dealing with that tormentor. They fled in terror never to return again. 

Patience and endurance, then, are my contribution to what my brothers have shared. Let us be patient and enduring, waiting upon the Lord and Him alone. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

as in John 3:16 to believe in Jesus, followed by obedience.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I think we need several keys. I might start with constant prayer. Put another way: Walk with the Lord. That's where I am in my life, at this moment.