• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Patrick21 said:

If one says "There aren't any dinosaurs in Heaven", shouldn't they provide scripture to back their claim?  

The Bible is pretty quiet on what the actual reality will be.

Anyway, we will be inhabitants of the renewed/restored Earth, not Heaven. Animals are part of the created order and it would seem that the renewed/restored earth would probably have the same. No, I don't have Scripture for that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Hopefully said:

Why would you want to make a post about bringing peace full of debate? Really it seems you are against this article. Everyone was in agreement now it’s full of debate. I don’t see how this is edifying. 

My apologies, I engaged in this. The question or concern should be dealt with in a new thread rather than mucking up this one. I won't continue.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, teddyv said:

My apologies, I engaged in this. The question or concern should be dealt with in a new thread rather than mucking up this one. I won't continue

Hi Teddy no I was asking Patrick that not you. I was giving the benefit of the doubt because I see he “just joined” but idk. Have to try first. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Hi Teddy no I was asking Patrick that not you. I was giving the benefit of the doubt because I see he “just joined” but idk. Have to try first. 

I knew that. I should simply have not posted at all as it was also just driving the thread off the OP.

Just now, teddyv said:

I knew that. I should simply have not posted at all as it was also just driving the thread off the OP

Well me too really and mostly, but well I guess maybe it could be a live reenactment of the OP. To me making it a point to pull negativity out of a post like this is nitpicking. If someone followed the instructions to a Tee would they be obeying God - I believe so. Does this post promote sin- no lol.  

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Well me too really and mostly, but well I guess maybe it could be a live reenactment of the OP. To me making it a point to pull negativity out of a post like this is nitpicking. If someone followed the instructions to a Tee would they be obeying God - I believe so. Does this post promote sin- no lol.  

Hi Hopefully,
I read the post and was thinking 'Oh no' that's me and that's me and ohhhh nooo, and had pulled out the 'everyone has different gifts and can't expect everyone to be the same', followed by the 'I'm not the worst I hope, then thanking God because I really need a check, and I always appreciate being brought back to peace as I am not always able to do it on my own.  Wasn't going to join in but needed to give a proper thank you for the gentle nudge.  Work in progress here....  So thank you.   d

• Praise God! 1

5 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Hi Hopefully,

Hi DeighAnn! Thank you so much for your support I really appreciate it! 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, Patrick21 said:

@Hopefully

Quiz.  Is the below statement one of opinion or fact?  

"There won't be dinosaurs in Heaven".

This I know , Jesus will be there :)

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I think we all like to dream about how things might be or could be one day. We could of course try to have a non opinion about those things we don't know about. C'mon now! That's no fun. Overreaching the bible to make a point is dangerous if it contradicts the Bible. 

We really aren't told detail of the new heaven and earth. A few things we know. Eden was made as the first place God resided with men. Adam tended the garden and named the animals.Eve helped Adam. They were a team. Animals were very close to what men did and were closely tied to the garden. Men and animals had a close relationship. The new heaven will restore what was lost in Eden. God's Spirit is involved in all creation. God rebuilds and restores. For me it isn't a stretch to think He would not hesitate to restore pets if they were close to us. He MIGHT. He certainly COULD. Nowhere are we told He WON'T.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

On 10/30/2021 at 10:04 AM, Hopefully said:

If we return to our First Love, we will confront boldly, but “with gentleness” (2 Tim 2:25).
We will confront for the purpose of restoring others, not humiliating them.
We will confront to preserve unity, not destroy it.

A little “nit-pickiness” is necessary to expose false teaching, but we must be aware of the dangers. If we grow in our love for our merciful Savior, even our “nit-pickiness” will be marked by grace.

Blessings Hopefully

Thanks for sharing,very nice article......I don't particularly care for nit-pickiness and usually where there is nit-picking you will find the spirit of pride lurking behind the shadows.

The thing is HOLY SPIRIT Discerns,the false teacher cannot deceive Holy Spirit,the false teacher is not of God.....the more they talk the more they reveal their spirit,Trust Holy Spirit to Speak through you ,Give You Wisdom and you can watch how He Convicts,He Does not Condemn........yes,there are dangers for the nit-picker,I agree

Again,thanks for sharing                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1