• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

~Why Some People Have Peace And Others Do Not.~

“Those who love Your law have great peace, and nothing causes them to stumble” (Psa. 119:165).

There are people who are in perpetual turmoil. Life is always tumultuous to them. They are agitated and bothered, always in a hurry, constantly overwhelmed with the events of their week. When you are around them, it is hard to take a breath. There is little rest and unceasing anxiety over the multiple details of their week. It is not necessarily that they are unbelievers. Many are followers of Christ, and yet peace is elusive to them.

Standing apart from them are others who have great peace. Regardless of the busyness of their lives, there is a quiet joy; a happiness; a rest that is a stark contrast to most of the world.

What is the difference?

“Those who love Your law have great peace.” It is as simple as that. For multiple reasons, some have come to see the foundational value of hearing from God every day. This established value drives them to take the time to listen through the prayerful reading of the Bible. As they do, God’s truth stabilizes them as they see all of life from God’s perspective. Hearing from God – even in the midst of the storm – brings a peace that is so contrary to others that it is instantly recognizable.

The psalmist was one of those peace-filled men who loved the Word of God and the peace and deliverance that it brought so much that he pursued it relentlessly. Look at the testimony of his desire:

“I opened my mouth wide and panted, for I longed for Your commandments” (Psa. 119:131).

“Your word is very pure, therefore Your servant loves it” (v. 140).

“…Your commandments are my delight” (v. 143).

“I rise before dawn and cry for help. I wait for Your words. My eyes anticipate the night watches that I may meditate on Your word” (vs. 147-148).

“…My heart stands in awe of Your words. I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great spoil…I love Your law” (vs. 161-163).

Thousands of times, I have drifted into anxiety. Anxious thoughts swarm my mind like fire ants, stripping me of sleep. God’s peace is waiting for me, in my den with a small light on, reading God’s Word. He is waiting for me there, so often in the night watches, to bring me back to center. To calm my heart. To restore my peace.

Oh, how I love His Word and the peace it brings!

Father, let me not stray far. Let anxiety be like a loud alarm, waking me up to You. Help me value Your Word so much that I run to You; that I love the night watches; that sleep becomes immaterial to me, so that I may hear from the only One who can calm my soul!

– Used by permission. Bill Elliff is the Founding & National Engage Pastor of Summit Church in North Little Rock, Arkansas.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

“And because you belong to Christ Jesus, God’s peace will stand guard over all your thoughts and feelings. His peace can do this far better than our human minds.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Its been my experience that I may have peace even in the middle of a storm. The wind and rain and pellets of hail have their effects and aren’t to be denied. Experiences common to all persons regenerate and not alike. And yet In Christ peace is to be found. Seasons vary and bring what they do, but always there is Romans 8:28.

Trust in Him, when it seems He is abscent is a lesson learned with time and His loving attention for each of His.

• Loved it! 3

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

“And because you belong to Christ Jesus, God’s peace will stand guard over all your thoughts and feelings. His peace can do this far better than our human minds.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭

Agree Hope,

That's where the strenght comes from to keep going in this crazy world,where would we be if we didn't have the Lord? Our minds can't even come close to all the blessing God has in mind for His children ,we can't see Him ,but He is wherever we are.. :)

• Loved it! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Why Some People Have Peace And Others Do Not.

• Jesus bestow His peace for everyone, but most of the people don't recognize His kind of peace (John 14:27):
  •  
  • Isa 57:19-21 -> "I create the fruit of the lips; peace, peace, to him far off, and to him near, says Jehovah; and I will heal him. But the wicked are like the troubled sea, which cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, says my God, to the wicked.".
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you Paul for the notification  for this thread,it was on my mind when I saw your reaction , the Lord showed it to me through you! :) Don't we serve a  God great? How are you doing?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.71
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

15 hours ago, angels4u said:

Thank you Paul for the notification  for this thread,it was on my mind when I saw your reaction , the Lord showed it to me through you! :) Don't we serve a  God great? How are you doing?

I'm doing great how are you doing?

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, KPaulG said:

I'm doing great how are you doing?

We're doing well, we're living in a different world these days but God is good!

3 minutes ago, anynmsfmly said:

This is a slippery slope. Some people may think an overzealous, extremely energetic person has "not of peace". For some it is chemical, yet when brought down by medicine,.It still,." Appears" as if they are, "High energy",.Or not "content". Some people have legitimate reason to be anxious, Despite being a Christian. Really, not matter what the situation is, I do not believe it is healthy to wander around sounding and appearing as if we swallowed half of a bottle of Benedryl. However, When I take one Benedryl, I do not know if it has a similar effect.......,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,, :emot-nod::emot-prettywink:

God knows our heart and He alone can guide us in all things through His Holy Spirit even if you take medicines.it's all in His Hand :)

• This is Worthy 1