• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Giaour.

I am in Baton Rouge.  We are high and dry.  We got electricity back this morning.

But if your aunt lived in New Orleans, she has no home right now.  I am watching video of places I recognize, and I am stunned. 

I am just praying that people will wake up and fall on their faces before God.  Pray with me, brethren.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Praying here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I've seen the video of Gulfport & Biloxi Mississippi....homes reduced to slivers of wood and brick rubble. :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Just watching the news conference and heard the Gov, Blanco say that she was calling for tommorow to be a day of prayer, that they all needed it, to revive their spirits and to thank the L-RD that they are  survivors.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I just saw that, too. It surprised me, but I was glad, too. Yes, bad times is often what it takes to get people to call on God. God is calling men and women everywhere to repent because he is coming soon, so I believe he is putting on the heat to get people to their knees.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Thanks Biker, that is welcome news.

Do you have phone usage?

She should have called by now.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

One poor man spoke about holding his wife's hand and how she said "you can't keep hold of me....take care of the kids"

Then she was gone :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw that! He broke my heart, and his little children around his feet, they looked dazed, like they had no idea what was going on. My heart was wrenched for that man and others like him! :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw him too. It is so very very sad. :cool: I hate hearing stories like that.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

With all of the devastation that occured, and the stories that are being told on TV, I can't help but wonder how soon will Hollywood try to cash in and make some sort of movie about this? And if they do, ALL of the money made should go to the survivors and the rebuilding process.

One question that was posed, and the comment made that was interesting, was, "How long will it take to rebuild New Orleans?" Answer, "That question is being asked as an open-ended question." Is there something in the works to not rebuild sections?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes, Giaour, the phones are working in Baton Rouge. We have had only minor inconveniences from loss of electricity. And debris from trees being attacked by Katrina. Things should be "normal" in a day or two. So different from just a few miles south of BR.

I hope you hear from your aunt soon.

• Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

oops, posted twice and there does not seem to be a delete post feature. :thumbsup:

Edited by bad biker

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/17/1968

One question that was posed, and the comment made that was interesting, was, "How long will it take to rebuild New Orleans?"  Answer, "That question is being asked as an open-ended question."  Is there something in the works to not rebuild sections?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will be rebuilt. But will take some great time. I just can't figure how living in a city shaped that a bowl, below sea level would be apealing :thumbsup:

However, the loss of life and homes just tears my heart. I lived through my share of hurricanes and they are really frightening. Praise God my home has always been spared.

I just pray the remnant that still is in New Orleans will get out soon, I don't want to see any more deaths.

I'm also praying that disease will not spread.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I keep hearing all over the news about looting going on in New Orleans. Then I hear it's all over the radio people complaining about the looting. This seems so shallow that people are actually complaining about looting. A lot of people left behind are poor. They cannot afford much gas money, yet alone a hotel room for days on end. These people are very scared and desperate. To them there whole world just practically came to an end. Besides that, there are no clerks anywhere in sight to purchase from anyway. As far as I'm concerned they should just take everything they need. We maybe need to stop and put ourselves in there shoes. I pray with all my heart all that need rescued, get rescued. Our focus needs to stay on that.