Can God answer in this way?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I keep on talking to God in a weird way. I'll do things like get a dice and say things like "God, if I roll an even number, it means that I can continue to watch my favourite film. If I get an odd number, it means that if I watch my favourite film ever again, my parents will get in a car crash.

Or I think something like "God, if I recite the alphabet backwards with no mistakes, it means that I can go to that party. If I make mistakes and go to party anyway, it means that something bad is going to happen. 

Is this God answering or is it just in my head?

Edited by Meadowflower

• Meadowflower changed the title to Can God answer in this way?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

This is probably just in your head, and I would advise you to stop. You ask God for his will and his guidance. Giving him two options to pick from strikes me as putting him to the test and demanding signs.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 16:4 - A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign

John 10:27 - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 11/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, Meadowflower said:

I keep on talking to God in a weird way. I'll do things like get a dice and say things like "God, if I roll an even number, it means that I can continue to watch my favourite film. If I get an odd number, it means that if I watch my favourite film ever again, my parents will get in a car crash.

Or I think something like "God, if I recite the alphabet backwards with no mistakes, it means that I can go to that party. If I make mistakes and go to party anyway, it means that something bad is going to happen. 

Be cautious about building OCD in your thinking. Your examples aren't found in the Bible.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,972
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 11/8/2021 at 7:18 AM, Meadowflower said:

What you describe is similar to divination, a pagan practice which is an abomination to God. There are many references to it in the Bible, all associated with pagan cultures.

Deu 18:9-12  When you are come into the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.  (10)  There shall not be found among you any one that makes his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that uses divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,  (11)  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.  (12)  For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God does drive them out from before you.

Act 16:16-18  And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:  (17)  The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.  (18)  And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I agree with the above comments.  However, the Jews used the Urrim and the Thummin which meant yes and no, as I recall.  I always thought that was a little off as well.  It is better to get very familiar with God's word and use it as guidance.  You know that partying, drinking to excess, using pot and drugs is always a bad thing.  It is called revelry.

Rom 13:13. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 11/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, Meadowflower said:

God is good and He only does good in our life. The enemy is ready to do evil if we give him permission. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/7/2021 at 3:18 PM, Meadowflower said:

This is very hazardous because Ha-Satan can use it to disturb you.

Besides, we can't oblige the Creator to speak with us. We need to obey Hebrews 4:16 on a daily basis and, at the right moment, He will speak with us, not what we desire to hear, but what we need to hear.