• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Bawb said:

We can help others in our daily lives without being in a church...

That's all I have to say about that...

OK sounds like you had already made up your mind about it.  So I'll just go away.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

56 minutes ago, other one said:

OK sounds like you had already made up your mind about it.  So I'll just go away.

"That's all I have to say about that"

We are not to let the right hand know what the left hand is doing is what I meant by that...

14 minutes ago, Bawb said:

"That's all I have to say about that"

We are not to let the right hand know what the left hand is doing is what I meant by that...

that pertains to giving not helping people through hard times, and corporate prayer with fellow worshipers.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, other one said:

that pertains to giving not helping people through hard times, and corporate prayer with fellow worshipers.

You should not make a public display of giving, regardless.

Matthew 6:4 - So that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

We can pray for those who are "of the world" too, in hopes that they will find the way.

This works, for I had people praying for me, so I know first hand it works!

Edited by Bawb

1 minute ago, Bawb said:

You should not make a public display of giving, regardless.

Matthew 6:4 - So that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Good grief, we are not talking about giving.  

Deal with spiritual things not physical.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

IMO, I think some may be overthinking this. As a Christian, I have no obligation to go to church every week. However, I and the Christian community are better off if I do. 

The only place in the bible I can find that even addresses it is the phrase, "Do not forsake the gathering together of yourselves." And there it doesn't say how often, or how formally. If I invite brothers and sisters in Christ over for dinner every now and then, are we not "gathering together"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

that would be like going to a restaurant alone....sure you can eat but you miss a lot of the experience of being together when you do it

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

40 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

that would be like going to a restaurant alone....sure you can eat but you miss a lot of the experience of being together when you do it

I have eaten in a restaurant alone. The food was still just as good. Some people would be shocked at the fact of going to a restaurant by themself. It is a security thing. It all depends on the company you are with at a restaurant. It is a matter of perspective.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

why not worship independently ?

Certainly we ought to worship the Creator without depending on other people.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/10/2021 at 1:55 PM, BK1110 said:

For one thing, the Bible teaches us to.

"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." -- Hebrews 10:24-25

Notice that the purpose of the meeting is for encouragement. Fellow Christians are to be your friends and allies in this life of struggling against sin and reaching a fallen world. Even the most elite soldiers, like Navy SEALs, operate as part of a team!

John goes so far as to say that loving our fellow Christians is the way we know that we are saved.

"We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death. Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." -- 1 John 3:14-18

If we are saved, then fellow believers are our family and we should love them. If we feel no desire to be with them, no sense of togetherness or kinship, how can we say we love them like family?

Ask yourself if this is you...try to discern if you feel no affection for the brethren, or rather if perhaps you've had bad experiences in some churches or with some Christians that have turned you off? And remember that "going to church" doesn't need to be going to some big building. The Bible just teaches us to meet. It could be in a small home church in the neighborhood etc.

I am glad that the writer of Hebrews in verse 10:24-25 said to not forsake the assembling together instead saying church. I would like to ask, if you spoke to a man and he became converted what organized church should he go to? Every new believer needs to fellowship and learn the Bible. The problem is that he may end up going to organized church that teaches well and preaches good sermons yet in so doing also teach a false doctren or other  peculeir befiefs. Maybe your own fellowship even. How do we know where to go? Im sure every order believes they are true. I've have already found myself in this boat that sails down the same river. 

Edited by Mike Mclees