• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

16 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

I have tried, but unfortunately, im just a false convert. Hence why the addiction is still with me.

Salvation is not man trying to repent and believe; it is by God's grace.  Look away from yourself, to Jesus, and trust in Him - He is the Saviour.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Michael37 said:

You say you have no plans to repent, so don't and be damned.

That is so not like you to say that.

I get that your upset with leaders within a local church, And yes, I get that church leaders are held to a higher standard and should know better But they too are human and are NOT immune to temptation and sin.

Pastors are actually more vulnerable to succumbing to temptation when the church body as a whole puts too much pressure and burden on one person. Congregations expect pastor's to pray and comfort, and carry them through a rough patch. God never intended for the church members to put them up on a pedestal. Only Jesus is able to fully bear our daily burdens with us and for us. How many people think to pray for their pastor's or help their pastors or the needs of his family ?

Your so upset with this local church leaders. And the news hit you like a ton of bricks, and you missed part of what the opster had said. Someone that is proud of their sin and doesn't want to change does not seek help or advice. They simply would not care.

This person cares and is seeking help or he would not have asked for advice verbatim.

17 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Doesnt God say worship while living in sin is an abomination to Him? Should i even be going to church for that matter? 
the other problem is i dont have any plans to stop the sin because i cant. Its an addiction. Need some advice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/12/2021 at 11:38 PM, Unforgiven said:

. Doesnt God say worship while living in sin is an abomination to Him?

If you are a Christian and are living a 'sinful ' lifestyle that is correct.

So are you a Christian?  by that I don't mean white, middle class, parents attended church and you attend church, but someone who has Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

( Lord think of master slave relationship )

What ever your situation if this church causes you to know that you need to change, that you are not honouring God by how you live, if it makes you feel ashamed etc etc, then attend that church every Sunday untill you do change.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

@Michael37

I'm not saying that we should excuse sin, or make excuses for it, or even tolerate those who revel in their sins. But that even though we may not feel that the person who posted, is sincere in their quest, still it is best to offer advice, prayer and encourage the individual to keep on with a desire to change. Perhaps our words may persuade a person who at first does not want to change to that of wanting to change. But also if someone else has a similar question they too may be helped by our advice and encouragement to hang in there, and keep trying to do better and better each day.

I am reminded of James 5: 19-20

My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

@Unforgiven

There are times when God has us work through a problem instead of the instant snap of a divine finger so that his work in you will take deeper roots. His written word says and promises that he will always be with us. He will never leave you, nor forsake you. Ask Jesus to help you give up your addiction. Place your trust and hope in him and know for certain that he will indeed help you. Don't give up, but persevere.

Don't set your goals or expectations of yourself too high at a time, because when we, humans, do that and then don't reach the expected goal for the day or week, we become frustrated with ourselves and then fail far from what was intended if we try to push it too hard or too soon. God is pleased to work with you at a steady pace, even if it is a slow pace. His work in you will take deeper roots and you will gradually find that you have less and less desire for your addiction. God is NOT done with you. You will get there. Be patient with yourself.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

On 11/13/2021 at 7:38 AM, Unforgiven said:

Hello all. So i have a question. I have found a new church that i like, and have been thinking about joining it. I took this class which was like 4 hrs long and it basically went over some basics of what the church believes in. But theres a problem. Im living in sin. Doesnt God say worship while living in sin is an abomination to Him? Should i even be going to church for that matter? 
the other problem is i dont have any plans to stop the sin because i cant. Its an addiction. Need some advice.

Then you probably need therapy. You don't need to clean up your act before you go to church . Jesus accepts you as you are. But if you are addicted to living in sin.. then well you need to talk to someone who is trained in Christian counselling. And chances are the church can put you in touch with a Christian counsellor.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Lots of great advice here.

First things first. The Holy Spirit alone interprets the Bible he wrote (2 Peter 1:20-21).

Jesus died for our sins and rose the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, John 3:17).

The sin we are to repent of to be saved is that of unbelief in Jesus:

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Nothing else is required or allowed in order to be saved:

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

When you believe the LORD Jesus Christ you are baptized by the Holy Spirit into salvation (note the contrast of water baptism with Holy Spirit baptism by the sacrifice of Christ in Matthew 3:11 ← spoken by John the water Baptist). Baptism by fire, btw, is judgment / damnation for unbelief in Jesus.

Your salvation then is certain and it is secure because it is the work of God (not us).

In Ephesians 2:8 (above) it says that even our faith is not of ourselves but it is the gift of God. God saves us and God keeps us saved:

John 10:27–29 (AV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

Jeremiah 32:40 (AV)
40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

For any who depart from the faith never actually had the faith to begin with (1 John 2:19).

If you believe in the Jesus of the Bible, you are saved (not because I say it but because God said it).

Romans 5:8 (AV)
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Once saved, your vice / addiction is between God and you. You are now his property. And at the same time he loves you more than anyone else can.

Jesus speaking:

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

God can miraculously change you / your addictions... or he can get you through them. Or, if need be, he can take you out of this life to spare your salvation (1 Corinthians 5:5) ← note being turned over to the enemy... it won't be pretty.

From the point of salvation onward our sins are about owning up to them to the God who already knows about it (1 John 1:9).

Don''t allow your perception of sin(s) interfere with your relationship with Christ.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

I love the apostle Paul’s letters

ever notice he most always starts his letters

Grace and peace to you

it’s never peace than grace always Grace and peace to you because Gods grace comes first then the peace of mind

in 2 Corinthians he addresses something he wrote about in 1 Corinthians 

The man sleeping with his dads wife ( a sin punishable by death in those days) ( Paul still kept the feasts that means he was still doing Torah, anti Law people will disagree, and that’s fine .. another discussion)

This book really hits home because this man did a great sin.. here’s what Paul says

2 Corinthians 2:6

The punishmentinflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him

This was again a sin punishable by death, Paul says “ I accept the church decision, But if this man is truly repentant don’t let him live in guilt

EMBRACE him with love

just like Paul’s letters always start with GRACE AND PEACE

Show him the grace so that he can find peace because that’s what God does for us Brothers and Sisters?

SHALOM❤️

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/12/2021 at 6:38 PM, Unforgiven said:

Hello all. So i have a question. I have found a new church that i like, and have been thinking about joining it. I took this class which was like 4 hrs long and it basically went over some basics of what the church believes in. But theres a problem. Im living in sin. Doesnt God say worship while living in sin is an abomination to Him? Should i even be going to church for that matter? 

Everyone sins... or he is a liar

Ask YeHoVah (God) in the name of His Son Yeshua (Jesus) to deliver you from your sins. Pray earnestly and honestly with trueness of heart. Your prayer will not come back void!

I say this with the utmost of urgency. If you go onto the YOUTUBE and do a search for the THE TWO PREACHERS channel, you will see how YeHoVah is warning His people... No preaching, just showing what is really going on around the whole world that isn't being reported on the news.

Edited by Bawb

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 11/14/2021 at 6:34 AM, appy said:

That is so not like you to say that.

Just dealing with a suspect agenda across forums. You don't want to know the inglorious details. 

See the link on this forum requesting acknowledgement of his belief that he is beyond redemption. (I can supply links to another forum he has been active on with the same issue if appropriate.) 

On 12/14/2019 at 1:47 AM, Unforgiven said:

Hello all, i’m new here, a lifelong sinner, and, i believe, unsavable. Why you ask? Because i believe i have done the one unforgivable sin, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

To be honest, it has caused an unbelievable amount of grief, and the hardest part, is finding people who will acknowledge my belief.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Just dealing with a suspect agenda across forums. You don't want to know the inglorious details. 

See the link on this forum requesting acknowledgement of his belief that he is beyond redemption. (I can supply links to another forum he has been active on with the same issue if appropriate.) 

Suspect agenda. You think i’m just here to troll?? By all means share anything from other forums you want to. I have been blatantly transparent about myself. As for you, i find it interesting you havent said who you are on the other forums. I’d love to know that.

Edited by Unforgiven