• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi

Lately, I've been getting really bad intrusive thoughts.  These are uncontrollable thoughts that just pop into my head, not things that I consciously think. I don't agree with these thoughts or want them. 

I had a really awful intrusive thought about my dog and now I am scared that God will send her to hell as punishment. I keep thinking things like "She is only one dog, god doesn't care about her" and things like "God doesn't care about animals"

This all bothers me, not just because I love my dog to bits but because I love animals and want a job protecting endangered species. I always thought that God loved each and every animal and wants me to work with them.but now these thoughts are making me doubt myself. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Intrusive thoughts should not cause you to doubt anything. When they happen, just confirm to God: "Father, this thought does not represent my heart for you. I desire only to think good thoughts that please you, but I am unable. Thank you for your love and grace and understanding that causes you not to hold these thoughts against me. Please deliver me from them."

And animals do not have souls and do not go to either heaven or hell, so you do not need to worry about that. Even if they did, God would not punish them because of a sin you commit.

Ask God for freedom from these thoughts, and ask him for deliverance from a false sense of guilt about them when they crop up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Danigirl,

Matthew 6:26 - Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them

Proverbs 12:10 - A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel

The above scriptures (and others) tell us that God does indeed care about animals. And that He considers regard for animals to be a indication of righteousness.

Deuteronomy 32:4 - He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He.

The above scripture (and others) state that God is perfectly just. Therefore, He will only hold the individual sinner ultimately accountable for their own sin. He will, for example, notpunish” a dog for the sins of its owner.

Therefore, we can conclude that, since these thoughts contradict scripture, they are not from God.

It is correct that you can not control every thought that pops into your head. But you can control what stays there. And we have a responsibility to replace ungodly thoughts with God’s truth.

2 Corinthians 10:5 - casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

Every time ungodly thoughts come your way, seek what the Bible says on that topic. Then refuse the lie any right to waste any more of your time. Counter the lie with God’s truth. Fill your head with (or “meditate on”) God’s truth. Speak it out so you hear it. This is how we renew our mind.

Romans 12:2 - do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

Ephesians 4:23 - be renewed in the spirit of your mind

Do not allow any deceitful thought to steal your dreams.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 11/29/2021 at 10:23 AM, Danigirl91 said:

I've been getting really bad intrusive thoughts.  These are uncontrollable thoughts that just pop into my head, not things that I consciously think. I don't agree with these thoughts or want them. 

You deal with them by saying or thinking, 'yes that is right'  and the move on, paying them no more attention.

If this does not work you may need to talk to your doctor for medication to calm your mnd down so you can regain control of it and of your thoughts.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 11/29/2021 at 2:23 AM, Danigirl91 said:

Hi

Lately, I've been getting really bad intrusive thoughts.  These are uncontrollable thoughts that just pop into my head, not things that I consciously think. I don't agree with these thoughts or want them. 

I had a really awful intrusive thought about my dog and now I am scared that God will send her to hell as punishment. I keep thinking things like "She is only one dog, god doesn't care about her" and things like "God doesn't care about animals"

This all bothers me, not just because I love my dog to bits but because I love animals and want a job protecting endangered species. I always thought that God loved each and every animal and wants me to work with them.but now these thoughts are making me doubt myself. 

Do you have OCD?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/29/2021 at 7:23 AM, Danigirl91 said:

She is only one dog, god doesn't care about her" and things like "God doesn't care about animals"

The Creator care about even to the dust of the ground:

• Job 38:25-27 -> "Who hath cleft a channel for the waterflood, Or the way for the lightning of the thunder; to cause it to rain on a land where no man is; On the wilderness, wherein there is no man; to satisfy the waste and desolate ground, And to cause the tender grass to spring forth?".