• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

38 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

lol you probably dont want to hang out at my place in the summer...we love BBQ. And lets be honest...BBQing with all freah ingredients is far healthier then eating all the freeze dried prepped food you find at fast food joints and grocery stores.

Life is full of choices.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Life is full of choices.

It is indeed. If you ever make it to Wyoming i hope you choose to look me up, you would be more then welcome to come over and enjoy a BBQ and some lemonade or discuss biblical topics or whatever. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, The_Patriot21 said:

It is indeed. If you ever make it to Wyoming i hope you choose to look me up, you would be more then welcome to come over and enjoy a BBQ and some lemonade or discuss biblical topics or whatever. :)

Thanks Pat I will keep that in mind. :)

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

I still like Charlie brown Christmas. :D

Me to. You know, the tv show that hired Shultz to make it asked him to make it neutral without a lot of the christmas message, and he told them no-he could either make it about Jesus or he wouldn't make it at all, and he wouldnt compromise, and they relented and hence we got that wonderful Christmas message.

2 hours ago, Bawb said:

And yet, you still fail to show me that Christmas is biblical. Have you done this? Christ-Mass is a vile mix of abominated pagan "tradition" from the RCC. For a time, the Protestant "church" did not observe or celebrate it. It actually OUTLAWED the celebration of it. Yet the dog has returned to its vomit, hasn't it? Also, Brother, I have thick skin. But you went out of your way to tell me "Merry X-Mas" in spite of the foreknowledge of my view... You may have just as well called me a nasty name. But I need nor expect an apology from you. I'll still pray for you...

Again, i already stated my view on it in another thread. I will say this, its a good thing you dont celebrate it, because your obviously missing the point entirely. Like your whole offense over christmas and your reaction to it.

See, i dont like the term "happy holidays" because it takes the Christ out of christmas. And the whole phrase was designed with that in mind, to make the holiday more religious neutral. 

But yet when someone walks up to me and says "happy holidays" do i get offended and give them a lecture on how its taking Christ out of Christmas? 

No, im absolutely not. Im going to say "thanks you to" or "Merry Christmas" and we both go about our day. Why? Because were both adults and realize the other person is just trying to be friendly. 

Same thing with hannakuh. Im not jewish, i dont celebrate hannakuh. But if i were to run into a jew and he were to wish me happy hannakuh, im going to say "you to" because you know what, he does, hes trying to be friendly towards me and out of respect im going to wish him well. 

Getting offended because someone is being friendly towards you, flies in the face of what Christmas is all about-Christs love, and showing it towards others. You dont have to celebrate christmas. Its not a Biblically mandated holiday. But you do have to show Christs love, and you should do that year around. And chewing people out simply for being friendly towards you isnt showing love, its showing legalism. Let us not forget we are saved by grave, through faith and not of works least any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

So again... Back to the topic of food.

Acts 15:29 - You must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Regardless of what some might say here, I try my best to eat by Biblical guidelines, as surely they were what was told to us by YeHoVah in His instructions. Additionally, I stay away from Halal foods, drinks and other products. These items have been prayed over by Muslim priests. I consider that something that is sacrificed to idols. And the labels clearly say so.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Bawb said:

So again... Back to the topic of food.

Acts 15:29 - You must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Regardless of what some might say here, I try my best to eat by Biblical guidelines, as surely they were what was told to us by YeHoVah in His instructions. Additionally, I stay away from Halal foods, drinks and other products. These items have been prayed over by Muslim priests. I consider that something that is sacrificed to idols. And the labels clearly say so.

Hi there ?

Your post caught my attention ?. Re: Muslims/Halal food/foods sacrificed to idols.

I’m a Christian. The only one (so far) in my family. My younger sister and her husband are practicing Muslims. When I go to visit them/stay with them, I eat whatever foods they have prepared. I don’t ask if it is Halal etc. I receive it with thanks. And enjoy it. My conscience does not trouble me re: it’s consumption.

My mum, is a practicing Sikh. The Sikh temple she attends, daily prepares food for the homeless folks, and the poor, whatever their religious beliefs. My mum helps out in the kitchens, and often takes home the leftover food (curry etc). When I visit her, this is sometimes the food which I am served. Again, I eat it and enjoy it, giving thanks. 

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, B-B said:

Hi there ?

Your post caught my attention ?. Re: Muslims/Halal food/foods sacrificed to idols.

I’m a Christian. The only one (so far) in my family. My younger sister and her husband are practicing Muslims. When I go to visit them/stay with them, I eat whatever foods they have prepared. I don’t ask if it is Halal etc. I receive it with thanks. And enjoy it. My conscience does not trouble me re: it’s consumption.

My mum, is a practicing Sikh. The Sikh temple she attends, daily prepares food for the homeless folks, and the poor, whatever their religious beliefs. My mum helps out in the kitchens, and often takes home the leftover food (curry etc). When I visit her, this is sometimes the food which I am served. Again, I eat it and enjoy it, giving thanks. 

This is how the bible says we should be.

1 Corinthians 10 : 27 (NIV)

If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.

Luke 10 : 8

“When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, appy said:

This is how the bible says we should be.

1 Corinthians 10 : 27 (NIV)

If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.

Amen Appy and thank God for the food He provided…

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1