• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, appy said:

This is how the bible says we should be.

1 Corinthians 10 : 27 (NIV)

If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.

(My post was for Bawb ? but thank you for your response).

.. yes, this was the scripture I had in mind ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61

Just now, B-B said:

(My post was for Bawb ? but thank you for your response).

.. yes, this was the scripture I had in mind ?

Yes, I understood, but wanted to speak about what you had to say.  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,979
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

5 hours ago, B-B said:

Hi there ?

Your post caught my attention ?. Re: Muslims/Halal food/foods sacrificed to idols.

I’m a Christian. The only one (so far) in my family. My younger sister and her husband are practicing Muslims. When I go to visit them/stay with them, I eat whatever foods they have prepared. I don’t ask if it is Halal etc. I receive it with thanks. And enjoy it. My conscience does not trouble me re: it’s consumption.

My mum, is a practicing Sikh. The Sikh temple she attends, daily prepares food for the homeless folks, and the poor, whatever their religious beliefs. My mum helps out in the kitchens, and often takes home the leftover food (curry etc). When I visit her, this is sometimes the food which I am served. Again, I eat it and enjoy it, giving thanks. 

This is a very biblical approach.  Adding a little more to what Appy said.  Everything belongs to God.  No to any other false religion.

Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:  For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. 1 Corinthians  10: 25-27

Edited by Mama Etna
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

You certainly opened this "can of worms" @missmuffet LOL! Even the earthworms live in this unsafe world. It's unhealthy just to breathe the air let alone live in the dirt.

My humble little opinion, we each need to do our best to take care of our earthly temple regardless of what daily life throws at us.  Some do a super great job and others barely have the energy to breathe. I believe we each need to make sure our spirit is healthy most of all because no matter what this body is going back to dirt.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

Do what you want. The bible clearly states in Acts 15:29 - Abstain meat offered to idols. There's the scripture. Your argument is with YeHoVah not me...

I wipe my sandals at this point...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I remember a Hindu lady who offered  me to try her cooked special rice which she offered to god of the water or something like that which I refused..

8 hours ago, appy said:

Yes, I understood, but wanted to speak about what you had to say.  :)

Thank you for your response ?

…I agree with it, and appreciate it.

Edited by B-B
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mama Etna said:

This is a very biblical approach.  Adding a little more to what Appy said.  Everything belongs to God.  No to any other false religion.

Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:  For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. 1 Corinthians  10: 25-27

Thank you for your response and additions ?. I appreciate it 

Edited by B-B
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61

8 hours ago, pinacled said:

There are exceptions. Especially where abstaining is concerned. I certainly wouldn't eat blood in thanks. Nor would I eat something that I'm told has been a sacrifice to an idol. There are 4 things to abstain from.

1 corinthians 10:28

Big difference between being told something was offered to an idol and nothing being said at all. 

B-B's family is showing hospitality in a very gracious way and to start quibbling over minor issues is rubbing salt into a wound. All this will do is bring hostility and condemnation, in other words.... start an unnecessary war between family members over food.

In fact, declining the invitation because the family is non Christian is quite insulting in and of itself. and will create an unnecessary divide. We can not share Christ with others while also being hostile and condemning. Think about how much more wonderful it would be if all of B-B's family became Christians. Don’t undo the work of God for a chunk of meat.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/2/2021 at 3:51 PM, missmuffet said:

Our drinking water has chemicals and chlorine in it to a level that is not safe. The authorities tell us that it is safe but it is not. There is an addiction in our world today of coffee and alcohol. Neither are safe to drink in large qualities but many are doing just that.  Our oceans and rivers are polluted with chemicals and bacteria which makes our fish unsafe to eat. There are recalls everyday  of our food being tainted with salmonella, listeria and plastic and glass particles. Our produce is saturated with pesticides which causes cancer. We live in an unsafe world. 

Yes, it is unsafe. I think because we took ourselves seriously when thinking we have dominion, domination, over all things in this world.

We stopped living with our planet home and instead now live on it. 

We're like unto parasites. Feasting on our host world, giving nothing positive in return. 

Consumer-ism.

We want to be in control, and suffer no ill effects. Because many forget this planet is a living thing, a living system that operates as does our interlinked physiology; in balance.

And just as with our health and physiology, when we are out of sorts, out of balance, we become ill. So too does earth. Yet one thing she has going for her that we do not.

A history of extinction level events with regard to species and terrestrial ages.

One day, unless we wake up, we'll find ourselves on the brink of extinction. Because our massive overpopulation has no respect for where we live. 

90% of plastics given for recycling ends up in either the landfill or dumped in our oceans.

Our world's surface is 3/4ths water. So too is our anatomy,physiology. 

In most if not all states it is legal to use human waste water to irrigate human food grade crops. ?? "You are what you eat. You are what's eating you."

Yes, our world's authorities over food and drink are poisoning us. 

Chemical and genetic Band-Aids trying to fix what we've done to the environment and by proxy ourselves.

If we die out, we earned it.

Edited by Thornbird
Corrected auto-correct fixes
  • Well Said! 1