IGNORED

Revelation 12:6 The Woman In The Wilderness Explained?

truth7t7

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 12/25/2021 at 6:00 PM, angels4u said:

They will escape to Petra which is in Jordan where God will keep them safe during those days. 

He ( the AC) shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries'shall be overthrown; but these shall be delivered out of his hand: Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.Daniel 11:41tje

I certainly know where Petra is, like I have already said, I have been there. The verse you cited is interesting, the details especially. 

The glorious land, without further research, would appear to me to be the promised land.

Many contries shall be over thrown, I assume that would mean by the AC, assuming you have made the correct identification there, which seems reasonable. 

But these shall be delivered out of his hand - sounds like they are rescued or prevented from being under ac's rule. That is what we now call Jordan. So, is that the basis for which you think Petra is the place? If Jordan is not under AC's thumb, then why Petra, why not any place in Jordan. Amman Jordan at least arguably has some infrastructure to take care of people, maybe the Jews can bunk with all of the Palestinian refugees there. Amman in a city on 7 hills, so than might fit the instruction of Jesus better, to flee to the mountain, unlike Petra, which is situated in a valley. So again I ask, where does the notion of Petra come in (from the Bible, not from popular pre-trib salesmen)?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I certainly know where Petra is, like I have already said, I have been there. The verse you cited is interesting, the details especially. 

The glorious land, without further research, would appear to me to be the promised land.

Many contries shall be over thrown, I assume that would mean by the AC, assuming you have made the correct identification there, which seems reasonable. 

But these shall be delivered out of his hand - sounds like they are rescued or prevented from being under ac's rule. That is what we now call Jordan. So, is that the basis for which you think Petra is the place? If Jordan is not under AC's thumb, then why Petra, why not any place in Jordan. Amman Jordan at least arguably has some infrastructure to take care of people, maybe the Jews can bunk with all of the Palestinian refugees there. Amman in a city on 7 hills, so than might fit the instruction of Jesus better, to flee to the mountain, unlike Petra, which is situated in a valley. So again I ask, where does the notion of Petra come in (from the Bible, not from popular pre-trib salesmen)?

Scripture clearly teaches that the woman/remnant as seen below will be in the wilderness of Carmel, Bashan, Gilead

(Carmel) in Israel is northwest of Jerusalem 88 miles

(Bashan) and (Gilead) in Jordan are roughly northeast of Jerusalem 60 miles

Petra Jordan is roughly 125 miles south of the closest wilderness mentioned, that being Bashan and Gilead

Petra dosen't fit the bill for the wilderness of refuge, not even close to those mentioned above

Would God lead the Remnant to Petra, a historical place of evil, as the Nabateans place of worshipping pagan gods and sacrifice?

Micah 7:13-18KJV
13 Notwithstanding the land shall be desolate because of them that dwell therein, for the fruit of their doings.
14 Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
15 According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt
 will I shew unto him marvellous things.
16 The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf.
17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the Lord our God, and shall fear because of thee.
18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

Edited by truth7t7

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

9 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

Scripture clearly teaches that the woman/remnant as seen below will be in the wilderness of Carmel, Bashan, Gilead

Thanks, I guess. I would not say that to me, "scripture clearly teaches that", but thanks for the reference. It does not matter to me WHERE she is protected, it matters to me THAT she is protected, and that scripture DOES clearly teach.

The I only addressed the Petra thing, because I have heard that many times before and there are reasons to think it is NOT Petra, as I have already explained. I am not really all that interested in her destination, I cannot think of a reason why it is important to know, I am just not fond of people stating "facts" that they do not know to be true without the backing of scripture, which is such a common practice in eschatology.

Thanks for you input and effort, perhaps it will benefit someone in some way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

Yes, Israel.  . . . . but Israel IS the true followers of Christ. Israel is all Christians, right?  —the remnant.

Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and "all the nations" of the earth shall be blessed in him.

Genesis 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall "all the families" of the earth be blessed.

But back to Revelation 12:6, Satan can’t harm those with the seal of God in their foreheads.  He promises that.  We may be beat up a little, but, hey….Also, the wilderness is not a physical place in the desert like, say, Petra, where we’ll go to hide; I don’t think so. God wants us in the battle, and He promises that we’ll be fed, right?  And, too, Scripture tells us we’ll be persecuted when Satan gets here; so, no, I don’t think we’ll be going anywhere.

S.

58 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Yes, Israel.  . . . . but Israel IS the true followers of Christ. Israel is all Christians, right?  —the remnant.

Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and "all the nations" of the earth shall be blessed in him.

Genesis 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall "all the families" of the earth be blessed.

But back to Revelation 12:6, Satan can’t harm those with the seal of God in their foreheads.  He promises that.  We may be beat up a little, but, hey….Also, the wilderness is not a physical place in the desert like, say, Petra, where we’ll go to hide; I don’t think so. God wants us in the battle, and He promises that we’ll be fed, right?  And, too, Scripture tells us we’ll be persecuted when Satan gets here; so, no, I don’t think we’ll be going anywhere.

S.

Thanks for the response Selah

I believe the Remnant represents the 144,000 that will be sealed by the Holy Spirit, in a geographical location in and around Israel to preach the Gospel during the tribulation Revelation 14:1-7, Roman's chapter 11 clearly describes this future remnant elect, that will be saved and added to the Church

Yes I also believe the sealed church on earth will be divinely protected during the tribulation as seen below 

There's Going To Be An End Times Persecution, The Beast And His Kingdom Are The Target Of God's Empowered (Two Witnesses)

The Great Tribulation Will Come Upon The Wicked World, While The (Sealed Church) Is Protected

The (Sealed Church) will be present on earth and protected, when wicked men are tormented 5 months, desiring to die as death flees

All saved believers are (Sealed) by God, Eph 1:13, 4:30

Ephesians 1:13KJV
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30KJV
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

It Was Commanded, Only Those Without God's Seal Will Be Tormented, The Sealed Church Is Protected

Revelation 9:3-6KJV
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Plagues upon The Beast and his Kingdom, a remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

Revelation 11:3-6KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Revelation 16:1-11KJV
1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Edited by truth7t7
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49

On 12/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, Selah7 said:

S.

I think the woman is zion, 

nourished in a wilderness, a place prepared.

Isa 51:3  For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Clothed in strength and glory....

Isa 52:1  Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

No more a captive

Isa 52:2  Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Zion is another name for the holy city Jerusalem. 

Paul speaks of this woman

Ga 4:26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. Who wears a crown....

Sarah is the mother of kings. The queen mother.

The royal covenant.....

Ge 17:6  And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Ge 17:16  And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

Wearing a crown of twelve stars

Sarah is the mother of kings. The queen mother is the freewoman.

Mt 19:28  And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Edited by Anne2

23 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

I think the woman is zion, 

nourished in a wilderness, a place prepared.

Isa 51:3  For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Clothed in strength and glory....

Isa 52:1  Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

No more a captive

Isa 52:2  Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Zion is another name for the holy city Jerusalem. 

Paul speaks of this woman

Ga 4:26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. Who wears a crown....

Sarah is the mother of kings. The queen mother.

The royal covenant.....

Ge 17:6  And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Ge 17:16  And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

Wearing a crown of twelve stars

Sarah is the mother of kings. The queen mother is the freewoman.

Mt 19:28  And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Zion/Sion is the (Eternal Kingdom) in the New Heaven and Earth

23 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

Zion/Sion is the (Eternal Kingdom) in the New Heaven and Earth

Zion is also spoken of as the holy city Jerusalem, the city of David. Which heavenly city is our Mother. 

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

19 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Zion is also spoken of as the holy city Jerusalem, the city of David. Which heavenly city is our Mother. 

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Zion/New Jerusalem will be a future Kingdom where glorified saved believers will dwell for eternity, after the second coming of Jesus Christ

Revelation 21:1-5KJV

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Edited by truth7t7

1 hour ago, truth7t7 said:

Zion/New Jerusalem will be a future Kingdom where glorified saved believers will dwell for eternity, after the second coming of Jesus Christ

Revelation 21:1-5KJV

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

She is also our mother. What other mother do we have?

• Well Said! 1