• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

. These type of storms are well within the boundries of natural occurances.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, no it's not. Cat 5 Hurricanes are actually pretty rare. There is a reason they call such storms "100 yr. storms". They are only supposed to occur every hundred years. Yet there have been quite a few of them in the the last decade.

And with the larger population, they are even more deadly. It's unprecidented that a major American city has had to be evacuated. Probably the only disater that ranks near it is the Chicago fire in the 1800's and that was man-made.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's a piece of useless information.

The chicago fire was started when a cow knocked over a lantern.

Heard that on Paul Harvey's " the rest of the story".

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

"The church will face persecution in the end times. We will taste these things before God finally pulls us out of the picture to give the world a taste of true tribulation

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

So, Dan -

Are we in the hands of the Lord . . .

or are we at Nature's mercy?

Both

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Did you know it is possible that the Lord used natural occurances to bring the 10 plagues on Egypt?

Look - I know we all have different views on the End Times and such. I'm in no position to say one thing or another, certainly.

My contention is the argument that God most certainly didn't cause this storm or wouldn't cause this storm. Well, how do you know He didn't? Did you get a revelation? And what makes you sure He wouldn't? Egypt lost every single first born son! And how many died from the previous nine plagues?

Or what of the Churches in Revelation? Did not Jesus say He would come against the ones that didn't repent? Histroy tells us what happened to those cities.

Do you believe Jesus is Lord over all? Do you believe God is in control - ultimately?

It is possible New Orleans is meant to be a wake-up call. It well could be one of many "birth pains." It may not be just as well. But can you completely discount the possibility?

Now, this isn't to downplay our need to pray for these people and offer aid.

But, if we don't repent, "we too shall perish." Remember Jesus saying that with regards to tragedies in His day?

That's all. :(

Guest shiloh357
One potential problem caused by the unprecidented damage caused by Katrina is that all that standing water in New Orleans is breeding ground for disease.

With all the people now being evacuated, it's possible some form of pestilence could be spread as a result.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very true, can you imagine the mosquitos???? I hope the rescue people are armed with pletny of repellent!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

One potential problem caused by the unprecidented damage caused by Katrina is that all that standing water in New Orleans is breeding ground for disease.

With all the people now being evacuated, it's possible some form of pestilence could be spread as a result.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very true, can you imagine the mosquitos???? I hope the rescue people are armed with pletny of repellent!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And drink seltzer water with Quinine to fight off malaria. There have been outbreaks of malaria in the US in the past few years. 2003 and 2004 where I live at.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Ther are many and varied reasons for the NO disaster ranging from voodooism, homoseuallity, gambling and other evil activities. There are some that say it's God's punishment and some say it's God's warning for the American admin for assisting or encouraging the Sharon regime in kicking the jewish people from the Gaza and allowingthe palestinians to have and settle on the land and thereby invoking the wrath of God. I myself, am more inclined to agree with yod and Shiloh

Now in the light of that reasoning, I am going to quote some headlines that were in our own Worthy News.

Iran

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

What is Quinine? I know I could Google it, but I'd rather talk to you! ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It is a drug used for the symptoms of malarya.....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

This isn't just focused on the people in New Orleans. It is effecting eveyone in the states. From the rise in gas prices, to the inevitable inflation and potential collapse of our economy...we are all receiving the blow from what I consider a major wake up call that was designed to grab our attention the quickest way possible....by hitting our wallets.

Whether you believe New Orleans was a random blow by nature or a direct hit from God, no one can deny the fact that its a direct and rapid threat to the US economy and our current life styles.