• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Yep. We're definitely on the same page there. However, I do believe we are to "recognize the signs". But those of us watching will not be shocked at the timing when it actually happens. 

The book of Revelation tells us this world will be experiencing these things. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

18 hours ago, Diaste said:

I think this whole 'Russian Invasion' precept is one of the things the dispensationalists got really wrong.  

At least the part about the Russians invading Israel to kick off the last week. At the time of the great dispensational authors Russia was a boogeyman hiding in the global closet. It was too easy to fixate on this and sell books as most of the population of the world was already convinced of death by nukes at the hands of the Russians. 

You have said yourself. It's the Assyrian. That's Mideastern. 

I know the premise; Russia shows up on the threshold of Canaan, invading the Promised Land and only the beast can rise up to stop the great invasion, or the ongoing destruction of the land of Israel, and save Israel.  

I think this assumes Israel to be a shrinking violet. That's not how they react to threats. 

Russia could not subdue nomads in the deserts of Afghanistan and modern Israel is as well equipped as as any army in the world with better fighters with more experience and greater will. The IDF is literally fighting everyday...for decades.

Remember the raid on Entebbe? The Iraqi nuclear facility in 1981? The Iranian nuclear sites? 

In 6 days in 1967 Israel was in Damascus and had taken the Sinai. Imagine the Israeli war machine today. And what's Russia going to do with men and equipment? Do you suppose a troop buildup will go unnoticed? A lot of practical reasons why I doubt it will happen the way the dispensationalists lay it out.

Russia & Iran are helping Syria with their civil war. So they can build up there. Actually Iran is even now sending large plane loads of ****-ites to Syria.

Also note that God refers to the Federation coming again Israel as from the `far north.` (Ez. 38: 15) 

Heb. `tsaphon,` meaning hidden, and ONLY used of the north as a quarter.

Then we see God refers to the timing that this far north Federation will go `against a people gathered from the nations.` (Ez. 38: 12) And that is NOW!

God`s word is very specific.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hello Marilyn,

If we look at Ezekiel 38:6 first:

"Gomer with all its troops; Beth-togarmah from the remote parts of the north", (some translations say "from the remotest parts of the north.)

Where is Beth-togarmah?  (Beth means 'house of')

Who was Togarmah?

"He was a son of Gomer, son of Japheth (Genesis 10:1-3), known in Assyrian records as Tilgarimmu, a city state in Eastern Anatolia (Asia Minor, modern Turkey), more specifically “the south-eastern part of Turkey near the Syrian border.” This identification is generally acknowledged by all. Once again, we have a region in present-day Turkey."

Not sure of how or why  people attribute this to Russia. Beth-togarmah was called the area from the remote(est) part of the north...... which is in Turkey.

"Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog" (Turkey)....the prince of Rosh....." Ezekiel 38:2

Rosh.... yup, here it is. Many believe "Rosh" refers to Russia. Kinda sounds a bit like it.

Rosh, in Hebrew, means "head or chief" in literal translation. Think "Rosh Hashanah" meaning "head of the year". So in Ezekiel 38, "Rosh" in the passage means "chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. It does not refer to a separate country.

Rosh was not a grandson or a great grandson of Noah. Because of this, it does not qualify for God's definition of a nation, based on bloodlines found in Genesis.

Yes we agree that Gomer and Togarmah were relations of Noah and settled in the north of Turkey.

As to the Federation from the `far north,` (Ez. 38: 15) that is Heb. `tsaphon,` meaning hidden, and ONLY used of the north as a quarter.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Ezekiel 38:14  “Therefore, son of man, prophesy, and say to Gog, Thus says the Lord GOD: On that day when my people Israel are dwelling securely, will you not know it? 
15  You will come from your place out of the uttermost parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great host, a mighty army. 
16  You will come up against my people Israel, like a cloud covering the land. In the latter days I will bring you against my land, that the nations may know me, when through you, O Gog, I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 

The uttermost parts of the north - Norway, Sweden and Finland = NATO ??

But it is most likely to be Russia in response to Israel destroying Damascus (nuke?) and then a confederation of Islamic nations from Africa to Persia and central Asia and to Pakistan. 

Remember the whole world will be brought the valley of Jezreel for this final conflict - India, Europe, China, the Americas, Indonesesia and Australia. 

NATO.PNG.caa1573ffc8418808241073a1ebcef95.PNG

Edited by Waggles

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Russia & Iran are helping Syria with their civil war. So they can build up there. Actually Iran is even now sending large plane loads of ****-ites to Syria.

Also note that God refers to the Federation coming again Israel as from the `far north.` (Ez. 38: 15) 

Heb. `tsaphon,` meaning hidden, and ONLY used of the north as a quarter.

Then we see God refers to the timing that this far north Federation will go `against a people gathered from the nations.` (Ez. 38: 12) And that is NOW!

God`s word is very specific.

Yes. And look at Israel's reaction. 

I don't see the 1st Gog war at the beginning. Eze 38 is describing Armageddon.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Psalm 83:1  A Song. A Psalm of Asaph. O God, do not keep silence; do not hold your peace or be still, O God! 
2  For behold, your enemies make an uproar; those who hate you have raised their heads. 
3  They lay crafty plans against your people; they consult together against your treasured ones. 
4  They say, “Come, let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more!” 
5  For they conspire with one accord; against you they make a covenant— 
6  the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites, 
7  Gebal and Ammon and Amalek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre; 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

22 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The book of Revelation tells us this world will be experiencing these things. 

Precisely! What's going on right now - INTERNATIONALLY - is historically unprecidented. The whole "vaccine passport" thing is, as far as I'm concerned, a "dry run" for the mark of the beast. I don't know what this "mark" will be, but the ramifications will be the same, but with a bit more teeth. And I mean, JUST a bit.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

Precisely! What's going on right now - INTERNATIONALLY - is historically unprecidented. The whole "vaccine passport" thing is, as far as I'm concerned, a "dry run" for the mark of the beast. I don't know what this "mark" will be, but the ramifications will be the same, but with a bit more teeth. And I mean, JUST a bit.

We are in the end times. God is preparing our world for the tribulation and the MOB. Satan is working overtime. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We are in the end times. God is preparing our world for the tribulation and the MOB. Satan is working overtime. 

Add to that my belief: Mid-tribulationist, AKA post tribulation, pre-wrath.

Edited by Still Alive

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, Marilyn C said:

Yes Diaste, Similar, but some notable differences. eg. Russia will be leading this war, and the earthquake is in the land of Israel. (Ez. 38: 19)

At Armageddon at the end of the trib, all the armies of the world gather. And the great earthquake is over all the earth. (Rev. 16: 17 - 21) 

Ezekiel 38 happens after the 1000 years

Rev 20

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.