• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

The thing to do here is just go by faith.. do what Christ aka GOD said Luke 11:13. Do that you got it. Have you received the holy Spirit since you believed. There is no verse saying Tongues is only speaking in known languages it does say " Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels".  Tongues the way some describe it like looking at the earth from space and saying "its just a round blue ball".  In truth I can't imagine life with out. I was saved before but now.. WOW AWESOME BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL! Praise GOD glory to Jesus! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grahampaul said:

No interpritation is given or needed when speaking in tongues in personal prayer life ,it is H0ly Spirit speaking directly Spirit to spirit  by passing our understanding,it is perfect prayer edifying us and helping with our infirmities.In a fellowship interpritation is given to edify and build up others ,a word of prophecy is the same if not more,again for the people prescent.

If you speak a word of prophesy and it doesn't come true, you would be considered a false prophet in the Church.

Barnabas and Saul on Cyprus

(Acts 13:4)  So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.
(Acts 13:5)  When they arrived at Salamis, they proclaimed the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. And they had John to assist them.
(Acts 13:6)  When they had gone through the whole island as far as Paphos, they came upon a certain magician, a Jewish false prophet named Bar-Jesus.
(Acts 13:7)  He was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, a man of intelligence, who summoned Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God.
(Acts 13:8)  But Elymas the magician (for that is the meaning of his name) opposed them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith.
(Acts 13:9)  But Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him
(Acts 13:10)  and said, “You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?
(Acts 13:11)  And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you will be blind and unable to see the sun for a time.” Immediately mist and darkness fell upon him, and he went about seeking people to lead him by the hand.
(Acts 13:12)  Then the proconsul believed, when he saw what had occurred, for he was astonished at the teaching of the Lord.  [ESV]

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

I would love to claim I’m a continuist, but I haven’t seen anything that would lead myself to believe the miracles of healing prophecy or tongues continue today 

Sadly I do lean more on the cessasionalist side and I’m always open if I witness these miracles of the Bible happening 

The charismatic church always performs ‘miracles’ every week for your  donation they will cure all ailments ( none that you can see like a twisted limb.. an amputated limb, not even a cleft lip, but they will do these things in public to unknown ailments… well not really in public?… in the Bible when Jesus and the apostles healed people THE ENTIRE TOWN would gather, today it’s just a church full of people, that are expecting to see these ‘miracles’ and spend good money 💰 to be slapped on the head or be blown on, if true miracles were taking place don’t you think people would come from all over the world to be healed?

and why don’t these faith healers go to the hospitals or even to your local Walmart to heal? 
Why do missionary’s still have to learn foreign languages? Surely if tongues were still taking place would the Holy Spirit not freely give this gift in order to spread Gods word?

There are even biblical classes on teaching you to speak tongues? Why would you need a class if it is a totally loss of control when the spirit takes you over?

Why when you see people getting healed on tv do they look back before they fall from being blown on? Is it rehearsed?

Im like Ak in this video of the Charismatic movement and its damage 

“1/2 SCANDALIZED CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT,GREED,FRAUD” YouTube 

Im open and love the Holy Spirit but so far I haven’t witnessed anything first hand that would make me lean toward continuism I’m still 70/30 and tomorrow or an hour from now I might have a change of heart, by being witness and praise the Lord if that happens, not that I doubt the Lord can show miracles anytime he wishes but I don’t trust man to always be honest with his possession of spiritual gifts just because he wears a fancy suit or mumbles better than his next door neighbors 

another good video on continuism vs cessationism is

“DANIEL ALLGOOD VS COLE PERKINS:THE BIBLE AND CESSATIONISM” YouTube 

Edited by MrBear
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

(Jeremiah 14:13)  Then I said: “Ah, Lord GOD, behold, the prophets say to them, ‘You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine, but I will give you assured peace in this place.’”
(Jeremiah 14:14)  And the LORD said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.
(Jeremiah 14:15)  Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who prophesy in my name although I did not send them, and who say, ‘Sword and famine shall not come upon this land’: By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed.
(Jeremiah 14:16)  And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem, victims of famine and sword, with none to bury them—them, their wives, their sons, and their daughters. For I will pour out their evil upon them.
(Jeremiah 14:17)  “You shall say to them this word: ‘Let my eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease, for the virgin daughter of my people is shattered with a great wound, with a very grievous blow.
(Jeremiah 14:18)  If I go out into the field, behold, those pierced by the sword! And if I enter the city, behold, the diseases of famine! For both prophet and priest ply their trade through the land and have no knowledge.’”
(Jeremiah 14:19)  Have you utterly rejected Judah? Does your soul loathe Zion? Why have you struck us down so that there is no healing for us? We looked for peace, but no good came; for a time of healing, but behold, terror.
(Jeremiah 14:20)  We acknowledge our wickedness, O LORD, and the iniquity of our fathers, for we have sinned against you.
(Jeremiah 14:21)  Do not spurn us, for your name's sake; do not dishonor your glorious throne; remember and do not break your covenant with us.
(Jeremiah 14:22)  Are there any among the false gods of the nations that can bring rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Are you not he, O LORD our God? We set our hope on you, for you do all these things.  [ESV]

God doesn't appreciate those that prophesy in His name that are speaking of their own knowledge, not directed by God.  The Old Testament provides some guidance.

this is more directed at us.
 "wherefore He saith, when he asceded up on high ,He led captivity captive and gave gifts unto men.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers"

E4v8an11

51 minutes ago, MrBear said:

I would love to claim I’m a continuist, but I haven’t seen anything that would lead myself to believe the miracles of healing prophecy or tongues continue today 

Sadly I do lean more on the cessasionalist side and I’m always open if I witness these miracles of the Bible happening 

The charismatic church always performs ‘miracles’ every week for your  donation they will cure all ailments ( none that you can see like a twisted limb.. an amputated limb, not even a cleft lip, but they will do these things in public to unknown ailments… well not really in public?… in the Bible when Jesus and the apostles healed people THE ENTIRE TOWN would gather, today it’s just a church full of people, that are expecting to see these ‘miracles’ and spend good money 💰 to be slapped on the head or be blown on, if true miracles were taking place don’t you think people would come from all over the world to be healed?

and why don’t these faith healers go to the hospitals or even to your local Walmart to heal? 
Why do missionary’s still have to learn foreign languages? Surely if tongues were still taking place would the Holy Spirit not freely give this gift in order to spread Gods word?

There are even biblical classes on teaching you to speak tongues? Why would you need a class if it is a totally loss of control when the spirit takes you over?

Why when you see people getting healed on tv do they look back before they fall from being blown on? Is it rehearsed?

Im like Ak in this video of the Charismatic movement and its damage 

“1/2 SCANDALIZED CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT,GREED,FRAUD” YouTube 

Im open and love the Holy Spirit but so far I haven’t witnessed anything first hand that would make me lean toward continuism I’m still 70/30 and tomorrow or an hour from now I might have a change of heart, by being witness and praise the Lord if that happens, not that I doubt the Lord can show miracles anytime he wishes but I don’t trust man to always be honest with his possession of spiritual gifts just because he wears a fancy suit or mumbles better than his next door neighbors 

another good video on continuism vs cessationism is

“DANIEL ALLGOOD VS COLE PERKINS:THE BIBLE AND CESSATIONISM” YouTube 

Just because we dont see it or have seen a lot of falsehood does not debunk the  Word. it is all gifts  of the Holy spirit.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

(Jeremiah 14:13)  Then I said: “Ah, Lord GOD, behold, the prophets say to them, ‘You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine, but I will give you assured peace in this place.’”
(Jeremiah 14:14)  And the LORD said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.
(Jeremiah 14:15)  Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who prophesy in my name although I did not send them, and who say, ‘Sword and famine shall not come upon this land’: By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed.
(Jeremiah 14:16)  And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem, victims of famine and sword, with none to bury them—them, their wives, their sons, and their daughters. For I will pour out their evil upon them.
(Jeremiah 14:17)  “You shall say to them this word: ‘Let my eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease, for the virgin daughter of my people is shattered with a great wound, with a very grievous blow.
(Jeremiah 14:18)  If I go out into the field, behold, those pierced by the sword! And if I enter the city, behold, the diseases of famine! For both prophet and priest ply their trade through the land and have no knowledge.’”
(Jeremiah 14:19)  Have you utterly rejected Judah? Does your soul loathe Zion? Why have you struck us down so that there is no healing for us? We looked for peace, but no good came; for a time of healing, but behold, terror.
(Jeremiah 14:20)  We acknowledge our wickedness, O LORD, and the iniquity of our fathers, for we have sinned against you.
(Jeremiah 14:21)  Do not spurn us, for your name's sake; do not dishonor your glorious throne; remember and do not break your covenant with us.
(Jeremiah 14:22)  Are there any among the false gods of the nations that can bring rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Are you not he, O LORD our God? We set our hope on you, for you do all these things.  [ESV]

God doesn't appreciate those that prophesy in His name that are speaking of their own knowledge, not directed by God.  The Old Testament provides some guidance.

You are right speaking tongues when in prayer alone. The Bible is clear if tongues are spoken in a group there must be one to interpret. I said nothing about prophesy. If that remark is directed at me let me say what I believe or print has a verse in th NT to back up what I say.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

1 cor  14 has several verses that agree with my post. My milk says tongue ok in private prayer tongue in a group needs interpreter.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

In my opinion,

If someone were to speak in an unknown tongue, that no one could understand, even the one who speaks, how do you know that you are not speaking some ancient language cursing God and His people? You don't know.

1 Cor 14:19

---

When I hear Christians speak in tongues, it sounds like babbling and turns me off.

I think that preaching the gospel and understanding the scriptures is far more edifying.

You want to speak in tongues? That is up to you.

As for me, I will not speak confusion and in dark words that I nor anyone else can understand.

Which is better? To go to church and hear the gospel preached, and beautiful singing?

Or go to a church and hear people who sound like a bunch of starlings chirping?

----

The people on the TV, I think are just trying to prove to others, and themselves, that they are, approved and endorsed by God. 

Speaking in tongues doesn't prove anything, as the pagan religions also speak in tongues.

---

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/14/2022 at 6:38 PM, Seeker1834 said:

OK I have seen and heard people speaking in tongues and imo they are making up words that do not exist. In Acts 2: 3-8 it clearly explains tongues as other human language not made up words. How do others believe or not believe in tongues.  Also 1 Corin 14:27-28 says must be an interpreter.. and again imo one could only interpret another human tongue.  Thanks

I am a cessationist I do not support tongues for today. 

28 minutes ago, abcdef said:

In my opinion,

If someone were to speak in an unknown tongue, that no one could understand, even the one who speaks, how do you know that you are not speaking some ancient language cursing God and His people? You don't know.

1 Cor 14:19

---

When I hear Christians speak in tongues, it sounds like babbling and turns me off.

I think that preaching the gospel and understanding the scriptures is far more edifying.

You want to speak in tongues? That is up to you.

As for me, I will not speak confusion and in dark words that I nor anyone else can understand.

Which is better? To go to church and hear the gospel preached, and beautiful singing?

Or go to a church and hear people who sound like a bunch of starlings chirping?

----

The people on the TV, I think are just trying to prove to others, and themselves, that they are, approved and endorsed by God. 

Speaking in tongues doesn't prove anything, as the pagan religions also speak in tongues.

---

"Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed," and no one is able to say, "Jesus is Lord," if not in the Holy Spirit."
 corrinthions 14 and v22 "toungues are for a sighn to the unbeliever."

dispite all the falseness in the world the Word still stands.