Worldly Intuition Vs Christian Intuition

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Today I’ve been thinking about reading the Bible with a Holy Spirit intuitiveness. And Iv been thinking:

Is a persons intuitiveness made up of all there life experiences? So a non Christian’s intuition in a certain circumstance or situation might be very different to a Christian’s intuition, because they have a very different bank of life experiences to produce very different intuitions.

But with a Christian, our intuitions can be prompted and guided because we have the Holy Spirit in us. Meaning, a non Christian and a Christian could be have intuitions when reading scripture, but both very different.

I know this might be a little vague. Thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,896
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Personal life experiences certainly play a role. And I think people are gifted variously; some are good at "reading the room" and "reading between the lines," understanding the subtleties of the emotions and thoughts of others etc.

Being a Christian and studying God's word is probably the best way to gain insight into others. When you begin to understand how sin affects everyone, you can't help but see things differently than you did before.

I'd also like to point to a specific passage, which I just so happen to be in the middle of with my daily Bible study today:

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth." -- Ephesians 1:7-10

Emphasis is mine. Notice that Paul says the way (at least one way) God has lavished his grace upon us is with wisdom and insight in regards to his will. In other words, when we become a Christian, not only are we saved by grace, but that grace grows us in our understanding of God's will and all that goes along with it. We come to grow in our understanding of what he is doing, and why, and how that affects people and the world. I think it would not be incorrect then to say that growing and changing to have a more robust and accurate "Christian insight" as you have called it would be one sign of the realness of salvation in a person.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

If I may add a word to this. I think it is profitable to distinguish between the talents inherent in the natural man and those gifts and capabilities that derive from the 'spiritual man'...meaning what we are since being born again and the indwelt Holy Spirit and Christ.

Natural human intuition, speculation and suspicion are a world apart from spiritual discernment.

We have the 'paraclete', the unsaved do not.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 hours ago, Open7 said:

Today I’ve been thinking about reading the Bible with a Holy Spirit intuitiveness. And Iv been thinking:

Is a persons intuitiveness made up of all there life experiences? So a non Christian’s intuition in a certain circumstance or situation might be very different to a Christian’s intuition, because they have a very different bank of life experiences to produce very different intuitions.

But with a Christian, our intuitions can be prompted and guided because we have the Holy Spirit in us. Meaning, a non Christian and a Christian could be have intuitions when reading scripture, but both very different.

Hi Open7,

yes good idea to read with the understanding that the Holy spirit will guide you. We are all at different points along our journey and the Holy spirit knows what we need at the time - some encouragement, some wisdom, some correction, some insight, some appreciation etc etc.

So I suggest you write down or highlight some part that the Lord makes you aware of. Later you may get more understanding of that as you meditate on His word.

Truly an exciting journey in the Lord, growing to be more like Him.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 2/20/2022 at 9:42 AM, Open7 said:

It is far more a case of ' Let your mind be transformed by the Spirit so you may know Gods good and perfect will. '

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 2/20/2022 at 9:42 AM, Open7 said:

The best answer a person can give is maybe. Christians and unbelievers can go through the exact same life and living. What makes the difference is mindset, but mindset doesnt change lifestyle from outside and outward perspectives. A person can be christian 40 years as a minster then leave the faith, a unbeliever can go into ministry for 40 years after being atheist. So they both tend to have similar experiences, but one left and one stayed. The Holy Spirit and His personal relationship with the person makes the difference and creates a different mindset.