Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

I wasn't sure about the copyright on this one. It seems to be ok since there are other versions of this on YouTube and their algorithm didn't flag it.

I played the piano/music arrangement last evening and decided to track multiple vocal tracks singing different parts. I put the words and video together today since I had time off. I didn't try to follow any style of another artist here, I just played it the way I thought it sounded good to me.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Nicely done in such a short time!  I play an acoustic guitar only so I have a tendency to play it slower so I can take the time to have a more remorseful vocal sound, unlike your rendition or the original from Keith Green. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Nicely done in such a short time!  I play an acoustic guitar only so I have a tendency to play it slower so I can take the time to have a more remorseful vocal sound, unlike your rendition or the original from Keith Green. 

I get such a kick out of how you phrase things, as unique as you are Ive no doubt yours must be a lovely sound & Id love to hear it if youre not shy- we all would Im sure

Brother Starise is talented, isnt he-  always a pleasure to hear his music to GLORIFY GOD!

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Starise said:

I wasn't sure about the copyright on this one. It seems to be ok since there are other versions of this on YouTube and their algorithm didn't flag it.

I played the piano/music arrangement last evening and decided to track multiple vocal tracks singing different parts. I put the words and video together today since I had time off. I didn't try to follow any style of another artist here, I just played it the way I thought it sounded good to me.

Beautiful,thank You Lord for these beautiful words ,you're very talented to put this song  so fast together,I LOVE it and will listen to it more then ones,do you mind if I share if with friends in FB ?

Thanks you,the words deeply touch my soul!

God is good  ,all the time :emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

56 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I get such a kick out of how you phrase things, as unique as you are Ive no doubt yours must be a lovely sound & Id love to hear it if youre not shy- we all would Im sure

Brother Starise is talented, isnt he-  always a pleasure to hear his music to GLORIFY GOD!

Well now ... I'm both pleased and honored by your request, but though I know the words and can sing the song, to the ears of everyone who enjoys the beauty of a song, my voice would be like the cackle of a crow instead of the flowing harmony of a song bird!  LOL  At the moment, I don't have a means of recording set up, but I will look into using my sons equipment, if he is willing to take the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Well now ... I'm both pleased and honored by your request, but though I know the words and can sing the song, to the ears of everyone who enjoys the beauty of a song, my voice would be like the cackle of a crow instead of the flowing harmony of a song bird!  LOL  At the moment, I don't have a means of recording set up, but I will look into using my sons equipment, if he is willing to take the time.

Rofl..... Yep, you crack me up..... So funny! Its so good to laugh and be Filled with Joy!

Im excited, yes Id love to hear you play & cackle- I do hope you can make it happen

Do you remember years ago we did something where a bunch of us were sharing singing little lines from worship songs some how? I sang a couple of verses & Id love to know how to do that again, it was such fun.... It mustve been quite simple cause you know Im computer- capped. :wub:    Love, Kwik

Edited by kwikphilly

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Rofl..... Yep, you crack me up..... So funny! Its so good to laugh and be Filled with Joy!

Im excited, yes Id love to hear you play & cackle- I do hope you can make it happen

Do you remember years ago we did something where a bunch of us were sharing singing little lines from worship songs some how? I sang a couple of verses & Id love to know how to do that again, it was such fun.... It mustve been quite simple cause you know Im computer- capped. :wub:    Love, Kwik

I'm afraid that I was not part of that singalong as I do not have either a microphone or camera on my computer, nor have I had any for years.  When I was working I needed them to set up and test for meetings and functions, but now that I've been retired for years, I have no desire for them.

For those who do, there are a few online apps offered for free where you can do such a thing, just like if you attend a virtual meeting.   To mention a few free sites that I am aware of, you have Zoom, Google Hangout and Skype.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I'm afraid that I was not part of that singalong as I do not have either a microphone or camera on my computer, nor have I had any for years.  When I was working I needed them to set up and test for meetings and functions, but now that I've been retired for years, I have no desire for them.

For those who do, there are a few online apps offered for free where you can do such a thing, just like if you attend a virtual meeting.   To mention a few free sites that I am aware of, you have Zoom, Google Hangout and Skype.

Now thats the thing Brother, I have neither of those things myself- wouldnt have a clue how to do apps etc ( I have old desktop)

I do remember we did something with our phones and then it ended up on the computer somehow???? I dunno but it was a lot of fun, I wish I could think of who started it - I do remember some people ruined it and it was shut down when they started goofing off.....

Eh, Ive derailed this beautiful thread..... Starise forgive me please! Ima hush now?! Please give us another song!

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Can we ask favourites?

Another  beautiful song is “The old rugged cross”

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

On 2/25/2022 at 2:44 PM, angels4u said:

Beautiful,thank You Lord for these beautiful words ,you're very talented to put this song  so fast together,I LOVE it and will listen to it more then ones,do you mind if I share if with friends in FB ?

Thanks you,the words deeply touch my soul!

God is good  ,all the time :emot-heartbeat:

Thanks to you and all for comments on this!

I love these words patterned off of the Psalm Of King David when he repented. People like you are a support to me to keep going with my music which I do for the Lord and hope it blesses others.. I changed the name of my YouTube channel to simply Hymns and I intend to put more up there in the future.

God is truly good !

God Bless!