Thewhitedove

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  466
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Just reading the chapter in Mark where Joseph of Arimethea wraps Jesus' body in linen in the tomb. Immediately I remembered how he had been wrapped in swaddling clothes as a baby. It got me thinking about the human vulnerability he was subject to in his earthly life, and how he started and ended his life being cared for by others in a similar way. 

Does anyone have any insights or ideas about what we can take from this? I feel like the Holy Spirit really wants me to see the link.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus was fully human, he ate, he excreted, he was tired, got dirty, he worked with his hands, he saw the pain and misery of people and had strong emotions about those who were helpless and being taken advantage of.

He is ourhigh priest who knows our weaknesses because he has experienced them, yet he did not sin.

Our saviour can save us because he is sinless, he can support us because he understands having experienced our temptations.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Days Won:  5

Such Love!

I've heard that some believe in, that because You're the Son of Elohim,

You suffered less,

during Your distress.

But then, they completely forget,

that You're the Son of man, yet;

Which learned obedience through all Your sufferings,

but always without any sins!

Thank You, Lord, that during Your life down here, You stood against all kind of temptation,

to prepare a way for my salvation!

I'm so grateful for those precious Words in the garden of Gethsemane,

in the middle of Your agony ;

"Abba Father....not as I will, but as You will!"

Nobody took Your life, Lord,

but You gave it freely,

went through all the pain, scorn and slaughter,

because You love us dearly!

How can I ever comprehend such Love, which eternal life did bestow?!

All I can do, is believe and receive,

forever praise Your Name ; which

salvation for me became! 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Some people, not everyone, but some, in general speaking, have a hard time understanding that Jesus was, and IS fully God and fully human at the same time. This was the same issue for the religious leaders in the NT times. They just could not wrap their minds around the fact that he was God in the flesh. For standing in front of them was a human being.  There was no mistaking this.  

Jesus had to be fully human because God's justice, requires that the same human nature which has sinned should pay for sin. Jesus also had to be fully God at the same time, because humanity can not bear the weight of God's penalty and anger. There is no way that a mere human could fully satisfy God's wrath. For God's wrath is infinite in nature and quality.

Only Jesus as God could bring a sacrifice of infinite and eternal value to God that he would appease heaven’s wrath. By merit of his divine nature, he is able to earn for us eternal life and favor with God. The divinity of Christ means that he is able to be raised from the dead (after conquering it) and therefore apply the benefits he has earned for us. He is God and also man through the whole process, from start to finish.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

“The baby Jesus was wrapped in Joseph’s death cloth. The sign for the shepherds wasn’t that they’d find a baby wrapped in a blanket in a manger. The sign was that they’d find a baby prepared for death. Jesus came to earth to die for our sins. That was his purpose. This was shown even from the instance of his birth.

What a God.”

https://garymoyers.com/swaddling-clothes/

Nice question. I became interested too.

This is just one article I found.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

2 hours ago, appy said:

Some people, not everyone, but some, in general speaking, have a hard time understanding that Jesus was, and IS fully God and fully human at the same time. This was the same issue for the religious leaders in the NT times. They just could not wrap their minds around the fact that he was God in the flesh. For standing in front of them was a human being.  There was no mistaking this.  

Jesus had to be fully human because God's justice, requires that the same human nature which has sinned should pay for sin. Jesus also had to be fully God at the same time, because humanity can not bear the weight of God's penalty and anger. There is no way that a mere human could fully satisfy God's wrath. For God's wrath is infinite in nature and quality.

Only Jesus as God could bring a sacrifice of infinite and eternal value to God that he would appease heaven’s wrath. By merit of his divine nature, he is able to earn for us eternal life and favor with God. The divinity of Christ means that he is able to be raised from the dead (after conquering it) and therefore apply the benefits he has earned for us. He is God and also man through the whole process, from start to finish.

Well said

John wrote these very things in 1 John he was speaking to new movement that didn’t have the name and what we call today as Gnosticism 

That would claim all material was evil and was teaching the church that Jesus was indeed just a spirit

John would fight this movement with this Great book he wrote 1 John is a small but powerful pushback at those false teachings and I find this book talks directly to us concerning this very subject a great video is

l,ll & lll John Bible study | Mike Mazzalongo YouTube 

but you summed it up well by your post

Edited by MrBear
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

I homed in on "about the human vulnerability" part, but if the aim was to talk about the preparation for his death, don't forget to add the story of the woman with the perfume that got poured on his feet.

Matthew 26:12
By pouring this perfume on Me, she has prepared My body for burial.

Mark 14:8
She has done what she could to anoint My body in advance of My burial.

Mark 16:1
And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 3/8/2022 at 9:19 PM, Thewhitedove said:

Just reading the chapter in Mark where Joseph of Arimethea wraps Jesus' body in linen in the tomb. Immediately I remembered how he had been wrapped in swaddling clothes as a baby. It got me thinking about the human vulnerability he was subject to in his earthly life, and how he started and ended his life being cared for by others in a similar way. 

Does anyone have any insights or ideas about what we can take from this? I feel like the Holy Spirit really wants me to see the link.

As  he began as the promise of man, so he ended as the promised fulfilled....and rose to fulfill another

Nice catch....decades as a Christian and I never saw that

I am gonna have to stew on that for any implications