• Thanks 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

um,  they need to go forward in the spring, and back in the fall.  If you set your clock back an hour tonight and you have a battery operated alarm clock, you'll be late for church by an hour or two.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,792
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

and here in the UK it doesnt happen for another couple of weeks :bored-1:

spring forward ...fall back 

Edited by ladypeartree
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

just a reminder to remember to set your clocks back tonight

Thanks, the wife is visiting the kids out of town and I forgot all about it. I would have showed up for Sunday School just in time for church and been embarrassed. Just updated all my clocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

our clocks go forward on the 27th of this month so does that mean you get more time than us :39:    :sarc:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,092
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

14 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

our clocks go forward on the 27th of this month so does that mean you get more time than us :39:    :sarc:

I didn't know that the USA did this earlier than us (in the Europe). 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

When you are a morning person it's called daylight wasting time....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

If I recall correctly, DST was initiated to get more production for the war effort? Is it still beneficial in this day and age? My wife always calls me Einstein, I figure that is because of the solutions to problems I invent? Who knows, but anyway... I will use Albert for short to describe the perceived benefits of that extra hour.

Going to where I think I have the manuals for my digital microwave, oven, nightstand clocks, digital wristwatch clock manuals, to reset the times. Getting to that room, forgetting why I came to that room in the first place? Going back to the original room to remember why I ended up where I was, oh yeah that's right! I cannot find where I put them so I would not forget where they were.

Who needs manuals anyway, I'll start with the propane electronic range with all those neat beeping buttons? I'm going to town pressing all the buttons, the convection blower, bake, over clean seem to be turning off and on? Maybe I need my glasses to see the writing on those 14 buttons? Now, where are my glasses? Rinse and repeat finding myself in different rooms?

So far, I'm well over that hour with nothing accomplished with the oven. Now, not having the correct time to set anything, where do I go to get the correct time? Albert, think, think! From here it's exactly a thirty-minute drive to the nearest gas station, 30 + 30 = one hour. I'll drive there and get the correct time and add one hour to the clocks when I get back. Brillant!

I cannot tell you what time yet, but I'll let everyone know how my solutions turn out. Wait a minute, does Indiana recognize daylight savings time or not? Do I need to reset my digital car clock for this to work? Where's my instruction manual to set my car clock first? Now, where are my glasses? 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,092
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

13 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

If I recall correctly, DST was initiated to get more production for the war effort? Is it still beneficial in this day and age? My wife always calls me Einstein, I figure that is because of the solutions to problems I invent? Who knows, but anyway... I will use Albert for short to describe the perceived benefits of that extra hour.

Going to where I think I have the manuals for my digital microwave, oven, nightstand clocks, digital wristwatch clock manuals, to reset the times. Getting to that room, forgetting why I came to that room in the first place? Going back to the original room to remember why I ended up where I was, oh yeah that's right! I cannot find where I put them so I would not forget where they were.

Who needs manuals anyway, I'll start with the propane electronic range with all those neat beeping buttons? I'm going to town pressing all the buttons, the convection blower, bake, over clean seem to be turning off and on? Maybe I need my glasses to see the writing on those 14 buttons? Now, where are my glasses? Rinse and repeat finding myself in different rooms?

So far, I'm well over that hour with nothing accomplished with the oven. Now, not having the correct time to set anything, where do I go to get the correct time? Albert, think, think! From here it's exactly a thirty-minute drive to the nearest gas station, 30 + 30 = one hour. I'll drive there and get the correct time and add one hour to the clocks when I get back. Brillant!

I cannot tell you what time yet, but I'll let everyone know how my solutions turn out. Wait a minute, does Indiana recognize daylight savings time or not? Do I need to reset my digital car clock for this to work? Where's my instruction manual to set my car clock first? Now, where are my glasses? 

I personally think that the time set is silly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a clock that sets itself to gmt automatically as does my phone and my computer. I dont need an alrm clock as I wake around 3 am anyway the only time I have to manually set is the clock in my car .

There is always talk of doing away with the "summer time"   but so far it has not happened because of some notion that it is safer for children going to and from school .... they  apparently go straight to school but linger on the way home ( yeah right ) It is already light by 5am  here so I like the clocks going forward as I dont waste so much time / daylight   waiting for the swimming poolto open and I get more time /daylight at the end of the day  but then as I said I am awake by 3am anyway as I need very very little sleep 

Now all we need is the sun and some warmth to go with the extra morning hour :39: