IGNORED

Why Have Conservatives Been Unable To Stop The Liberal Revolution That Threatens Their Culture?

JAG**

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

I would start by asking, what are conservatives trying to conserve? There was never–I repeat, never – a Christian culture, or a Christian country. Those who are born of God are always – always – greatly outnumbered by the followers of Baal. I have news for you: the ancient Greek and Roman world was far more decadent than our current culture, and the gospel did better in that environment than it is doing today. Why? Everyone does that which is right in his own eyes - i.e., the good works of the flesh. But Christ is my righteousness. Public morality does nothing whatsoever to save souls, because you must die to the works of the flesh. If anything, it has a negative effect, as Jesus Himself told the chief priests and the elders that the publicans and harlots go into the kingdom of God before them.

Edited by Don19
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 3/26/2022 at 4:33 PM, Don19 said:

I would start by asking, what are conservatives trying to conserve? There was never–I repeat, never – a Christian culture, or a Christian country. Those who are born of God are always – always – greatly outnumbered by the followers of Baal. I have news for you: the ancient Greek and Roman world was far more decadent than our current culture, and the gospel did better in that environment than it is doing today. Why? Everyone does that which is right in his own eyes - i.e., the good works of the flesh. But Christ is my righteousness. Public morality does nothing whatsoever to save souls, because you must die to the works of the flesh. If anything, it has a negative effect, as Jesus Himself told the chief priests and the elders that the publicans and harlots go into the kingdom of God before them.

On 3/22/2022 at 6:01 PM, one.opinion said:

There is a genetic basis for intersex individuals, my friend. "Just look at the DNA" is much more nuanced than having a "male" or a "female" genome.

To be completely forthright, I believe the 1-2% figure includes individuals with self-identified sexual dysmorphia, but I'm not certain of that. The biological intersex frequency is somewhat lower than even that. I just think it is extremely important to recognize this. Although the percentage may be small, if we consider something along the lines of 0.05% of 320 million people, that adds up to 160,000 Americans that God created in an intentional way that do not fit neatly into "male" or "female" categories.

Of course I agree with this. That is my point. God chose those individuals to not fit into norms and God loves them just as much as He loves you and I and anyone else with a much more straightforward sex. It is wrong to ignore these beloved individuals.

For most individuals, sure. However, reality is often much more nuanced.

Jesus said some are eunuchs because they were born that way and back then there wasn't much known about the science of things.  Anomalies can and do occur in nature unfortunately since this is a fallen world.   But the important thing is, whatever one happens to be or not be, all need to come to Christ and begin a new life of righteousness in Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  08/08/1970

On 3/19/2022 at 3:14 PM, JAG** said:

Is a question asked by Patrick J. Buchanan in his classic work The Death Of The West.

Says Buchanan:

One reason is "The Liberals have captured the institutions where the young
spend most of their waking hours -- MTV and primetime, movies and
magazines, schools and colleges -- the Liberal Revolution is able to shape
the values, beliefs, and attitudes of the young. Artists, actors, playwrights,
song writers, and popular singers are almost all on the other side.

(As for the Conservatives. . . )

Op-ed page commentators and radio hosts (eg Mark Levine) cannot match
this cultural firepower. The arsenals are unequal. Moreover, the entertainment
that the (Liberal) cultural revolution has to offer is far more attractive and
alluring, thus many of the children of traditionalists defect."
__Patrick J. Buchanan, The Death Of The West, pages 201-211

The Death Of The West is an oldie goldie but well worth
reading or re-reading. Its a magnificent conservative
work.
Thoughts?

JAG

Because Satan has fooled many including Christians into excepting everything that is foul and evil and against God's word and law.

The whole judicial system is under Satan's rules it's why so many Godless laws are being passed.

The bad and perverted has taken over what we use to hold dear, wholesome and clean, now by man's laws we must except the deviant and the filth.

Just to put it short.

Edited by JohnPaul88
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Because we conservatives have not been brave enough to do anything about it.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke(founder of conservatism).

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/1/2022 at 5:10 AM, JohnPaul88 said:

Because Satan has fooled many including Christians into excepting everything that is foul and evil and against God's word and law.

The whole judicial system is under Satan's rules it's why so many Godless laws are being passed.

The bad and perverted has taken over what we use to hold dear, wholesome and clean, now by man's laws we must except the deviant and the filth.

Just to put it short.

This is a common cop out - blaming satan for the cowardly  laziness of Christians.

Over spiritualizing is another cop out.

IT US.

WE have denied God, turned our back upon God's holy LAW and the gospel.  We openly hate any mention of Bible Study.   Instead we have embraced God with politically correct positions, the Gay Authority and deny all semblance of morality and the LAW of God.    If we don't live by the LAW we don't live for God at all.   

Nobody gives a damn about God.  Nobody cares about the Bible and nobody even remembers what the gospel is all about.  

Instead we get motivational garbage to read in our adult groups and relevance preached to us WHEN THE GOSPEL HAS ALWAYS BEEN IRRELEVANT TO THE WORLD.  Instead we claim we aren't under the LAW and then promote or silently agree to the promotion of ever vile affection known to man.  Is this grace or is this ANOTHER COP OUT?

When adults refuse to study the Bible and when they refuse to teach their children the church fails - as it has been failing for the past sixty years.

Some projections suggest certain denominations will be extinct by 2050.

This isn't a work of satan. ITS OUR LAZINESS.

There hasn't been a nationally held evangelical crusade meeting since Billy Graham died.   I went to a bank the other day.  The young teller there didn't know WHO Billy Graham was.

Until and unless church types get on the ball and get about doing God's work the dregs of society will have it all.

Will God judge them for doing what they do best or will God judge US for NOT DOING ANYTHING?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Why Have Conservatives Been Unable To Stop The Liberal Revolution That Threatens Their Culture?

Having read through this entire topic, I find that the primary reason/answer has been glaringly omitted, even though Jesus prophesied of it: "Because you have... become wealthy." Rev. 3:17.

The early church was doctrinally conservative, but socially liberal. Their persecutors were the wealthy classes, Pharisees and Sadducees, who were threatened by this new movement that promoted the doctrines of the equality of believers and generosity in resources. The modern Western church has become, to a great degree, the new religious elite: conservative in politics (especially as related to the preservation of personal wealth), and chintziness towards the poor in wealth and in spirit.

Posters in this string have rightly noted the Baal- and Molech-worship among liberals, while not one has noted the Mammon-worship among conservatives. 'Log in your own eye.' The former are sins of the flesh ("the lust of the flesh), but the latter is the sin of the soul ("the lust of the eyes"). 1 John 2:6 Since the soul has greater authority than the flesh, the Mammon-worship is actually the greater sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Having read through this entire topic, I find that the primary reason/answer has been glaringly omitted, even though Jesus prophesied of it: "Because you have... become wealthy." Rev. 3:17.

The early church was doctrinally conservative, but socially liberal. Their persecutors were the wealthy classes, Pharisees and Sadducees, who were threatened by this new movement that promoted the doctrines of the equality of believers and generosity in resources. The modern Western church has become, to a great degree, the new religious elite: conservative in politics (especially as related to the preservation of personal wealth), and chintziness towards the poor in wealth and in spirit.

Posters in this string have rightly noted the Baal- and Molech-worship among liberals, while not one has noted the Mammon-worship among conservatives. 'Log in your own eye.' The former are sins of the flesh ("the lust of the flesh), but the latter is the sin of the soul ("the lust of the eyes"). 1 John 2:6 Since the soul has greater authority than the flesh, the Mammon-worship is actually the greater sin.

So you are judging both conservatives and liberals.  That leaves only the apathetic middle.  Are you in that group?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

6 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

So you are judging both conservatives and liberals.  That leaves only the apathetic middle.  Are you in that group?

I'm a radical centrist. Radical because there are so few of us.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

1 minute ago, WilliamL said:

I'm a radical centrist. Radical because there are so few of us.

The term "radical centrist" is an oxymoron.  Radical doesn't mean there there are so few of you.  

A radical is someone advocating complete political or social change; representing or supporting an extreme or progressive section of a political party.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We need to remember the spiritual battle.  

2Co 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1Jo 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1Jo 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The truth is that evil spirits control our world and its governments. 

Rev 12:10

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.

Rev 12:11

“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Rev 12:12

“Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”