Should i delete this game?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

i have a mobile game called Shin Megami Tensei Dx2. Basically it's a game where you collect characters to fight for you, and like most gacha style games, it has a summoning system where you can recruit a random character by using in game currency. I did this....and got Baphomet(if you don't know who he is, follow this link:https://youtu.be/iLRBziDjkaQ). he even looks almost exactly like the occult depictions of him. I'm scared. The game doesn't let you discard party members as far as i know, so i'm considering just deleting the game, or fusing him away(games like this also have a system where you can give up 2 party members to get a stronger one). As a Christian i want nothing to do with occult beings, even if it's just a video game and it's not the real demon or whatever. Should i delete the game? The game also has all sorts of pagan gods, and super vile ones like Egyptian and Mayan gods too, as well as other mythological beings and spirits. It even has the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, and the archangels from the Bible. should i delete this game?

Edited by Jabre7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,278
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

as a fellow christian gamer i would say that if the Holy Spirit is convicting you of this game you should delete it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,882
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Fellow Christian gamer as well, and familiar with the series in question and it's spinoff, Persona. If it makes you uncomfortable then you probably should just give it up. You can fuse away the characters in question, but you'll still encounter them and fight against them etc. even if you do. If it's a stumbling block or takes your mind where you know it ought not to be, then delete and move on.

A good practice for other forms of media as well. E.G. I enjoy some heavy metal music, but must be selective about themes, content, language etc. The Iron Maiden song "Aces High" is one I enjoy, being about airmen and their struggles during the Battle of London in WWII. This content is not objectionable and there is no foul language. Same band, however, has "The Number of the Beast" as one of their famous songs. Although I recognize that they themselves are not Satan worshipers and probably view it as innocent, the content of this song does not sit right with me at all, and I don't want those themes, words, images etc. being sung in my head. So I choose not to listen to that song.

We should all be in prayer and careful thought about what we put in our hearts and minds to make sure our thought life glorifies God and reflects who we are as Christians. There is such an amount of media available. This can lead to idleness and sloth if we spend too much time on it (we must fight that), but the good side of it is that we can refuse to partake of problematic content when we come across it, knowing that there will be other options.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

As a fellow Christian who inadvertently got tangled up with demonic workings studying about them, I would delete the game.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,966
  • Content Per Day:  5.46
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

I would delete the game since it focuses on things that are not edifying.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

3 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Fellow Christian gamer as well, and familiar with the series in question and it's spinoff, Persona. If it makes you uncomfortable then you probably should just give it up. You can fuse away the characters in question, but you'll still encounter them and fight against them etc. even if you do. If it's a stumbling block or takes your mind where you know it ought not to be, then delete and move on.

A good practice for other forms of media as well. E.G. I enjoy some heavy metal music, but must be selective about themes, content, language etc. The Iron Maiden song "Aces High" is one I enjoy, being about airmen and their struggles during the Battle of London in WWII. This content is not objectionable and there is no foul language. Same band, however, has "The Number of the Beast" as one of their famous songs. Although I recognize that they themselves are not Satan worshipers and probably view it as innocent, the content of this song does not sit right with me at all, and I don't want those themes, words, images etc. being sung in my head. So I choose not to listen to that song.

We should all be in prayer and careful thought about what we put in our hearts and minds to make sure our thought life glorifies God and reflects who we are as Christians. There is such an amount of media available. This can lead to idleness and sloth if we spend too much time on it (we must fight that), but the good side of it is that we can refuse to partake of problematic content when we come across it, knowing that there will be other options.

I can relate to this as well I was an avid player of a game called world of Warcraft for 8 years I got deeply involved with all aspects the game involved magic classes and demonic activity it glorified warfare and rewarded players for killing other players and Npcs, involved rituals for summoning demons even had a class called a shadow priest it’s version of Christianity was called “the light” to heal and resurrect players etc..

it had a hold on me and wasn’t easy to give up same as heavy metal especially Iron Maiden who’s aces high and the trooper poster was plastered on my bedroom walls as a teen the band had a mascot called EDDIE who was an undead zombie killer and had albums like number of the beast, live after death, killers, power slave, etc.. it was not your everyday heavy metal like Metallica or slayer .. maiden focused on historical events set to a metal bass guitar riff

do these things or rather “ can” these things have an influence on your life? 
I do believe so.. what we spend anytime focusing on can, but rather what it takes away is the focus on what is important GOD

i try to guard what I focus on these days a lot harder, I do try not to listen to metal, not to say if you listen to it you will be consumed by it or if you play games you will start inviting demons into your life, but if you feel a strong urge to not do these things than I say go with that urge to rid yourself of the game

Edited by MrBear
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  6,882
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

4 hours ago, MrBear said:

I can relate to this as well I was an avid player of a game called world of Warcraft for 8 years I got deeply involved with all aspects the game involved magic classes and demonic activity it glorified warfare and rewarded players for killing other players and Npcs, involved rituals for summoning demons even had a class called a shadow priest it’s version of Christianity was called “the light” to heal and resurrect players etc..

it had a hold on me and wasn’t easy to give up same as heavy metal especially Iron Maiden who’s aces high and the trooper poster was plastered on my bedroom walls as a teen the band had a mascot called EDDIE who was an undead zombie killer and had albums like number of the beast, live after death, killers, power slave, etc.. it was not your everyday heavy metal like Metallica or slayer .. maiden focused on historical events set to a metal bass guitar riff

do these things or rather “ can” these things have an influence on your life? 
I do believe so.. what we spend anytime focusing on can, but rather what it takes away is the focus on what is important GOD

i try to guard what I focus on these days a lot harder, I do try not to listen to metal, not to say if you listen to it you will be consumed by it or if you play games you will start inviting demons into your life, but if you feel a strong urge to not do these things than I say go with that urge to rid yourself of the game

Fortunately there are some great Christian metal bands out there. Theocracy and Tourniquet are my favorites.

• Thumbs Up 1