• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  11

21 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I think anyone with discernment and watching, is seeing the alignment and conditions for the Gog-Magog invasion of Israel. 

Hi there, Dennis — Doesn't the battle of Gog and Magog occur after the thousand years of the Millennium are over?

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

- Revelation 20:6-10

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,117
  • Content Per Day:  3.29
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 3/22/2022 at 5:23 PM, Wayne222 said:

Now if Germany rises to be like the third Reich of Hitler again the world will be shock like it says in revelation.

For three more points, @Wayne222, you could have explained how the term "Third Reich" became associated with German expansionist aspirations.

Let's see what comes forward.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/22/2022 at 12:23 AM, Wayne222 said:

Because of the Russia invasion of Ukraine. Germany has now said it will rearm. Germany was possible the beast who was given a mortal wound. Now if Germany rises to be like the third Reich of Hitler again the world will be shock like it says in revelation. Out of this the Antichrist will appear. Hitler goal was a united Europe with Germany as head. With Antichrist will appear the false prophet who will deceive the world by signs. It's getting very close Russia invasion of Ukraine is going to make Europe move quickly to become military independent from the United States. Then Europe will receive power over the earth for times time and a half. This also shows the second coming of Jesus is in this generation. Isarel has been a nation for almost 80 years. It says in Daniel when the power of the holy people are shatter then the end is here. That will be when the man of sin sits in Jerusalem in the temple. Taken over the holy place. I believe it's very near. All of this.

I agree 110%.  I've been saying to the people I work with to watch Germany.  The bible speaks of the Assyrian which has end time applications, not just when ancient Israel was captured. Out of curiosity, have you ever read the book "In Search of... The Origin of  Nations" (History Research Projects)?  It's based on the Genesis 10 table of the nations and as you know, the ancient biblical names of the nations are not the same as today.  In addition, many peoples of these nations migrated to other lands by travel, captivity or whatever.  This included the 10-tribed Kingdom of Israel becoming other nations (Genesis 35:11) but we have been disobedient so I am ever seeing this ol' USA going downhill into godlessness fast and for that reason captors and enemies will arise over us again, Germany included.  If you never read it, you can just copy and paste that title in Amazon search bar and should come up showing a book with beautiful faces of people from many nations on the cover.  The caveat is that it's around $30 (It's a thick book with over 700 references in that study), but you may find a used one for less. I'm re-reading mine in these last days so that it's easier to identify the peoples talked about in the bible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,553
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Hi there, Dennis — Doesn't the battle of Gog and Magog occur after the thousand years of the Millennium are over?

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

- Revelation 20:6-10

Hi Selah7,

Yes, that is the way I read and understand the Bible. Two Gog-Magog events separated by about 1,000 years, and it is clear that they are two different events and are supported in modern scholarship. I think Gog is a title like a king, leader, general, or a demonic name or title. Disclaimer: As with every other biblical topic, there are numerous camps of thought and interpretations.

The view I hold is that the first Gog-Magog event (Eze. 38: -39:) is an invasion of Israel, which aims to take spoil and plunder. It names the aggressors, lands, and countries of Ezekiel's time. Many of those lands are accurately identified, and we know what countries/areas they are today. A few are best guesses and speculation based on lack of confirmation. Russia, Iran, Turkey, Sudan, and Libya are everything but certain. It is not global (four corners of the earth) as the one in Revelation.

As you referenced Revelation 20:6-10, that beloved city would be Jerusalem. The "whole world" (four corners of the earth) will participate in this rebellion. This one aims to overthrow the Lord Jesus Christ, who is ruling with an iron rod. 

The Readers Digest version: I believe the 1st Gog-Magog invasion precedes the official start of THE Tribulation period by a minimum of 3.5 years, probably years more, for several reasons. Israel will burn those invasion forces' weapons of war for precisely seven years for fuel. There will be no Jews around after the AOD for 3.5 years in Israel to burn them. 

The buildup, posturing, rhetoric, economics, treaties, reasons, and alignments are just about established. I fully believe this is the generation that will witness all of this. 

We cannot know the day nor the hour, and the following is speculation. I have an inkling the Resurrection-Rapture could happen during this time frame? With 5/6 of this invasion force killed, their home countries' destruction and close proximity of the Rapture. The world would be in chaos and screaming for one person that has the answers to the globe's problems. 

Lord willing, we shall shortly see if we are the terminal generation (which I believe we are).  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  10,556
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

We've watched this movie before. First it was 1914, then it was 1918, 1942... 1944... 1949... 1962, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2020, 2021, this year, 2024 and according to some, 2028 (for sure!). 

Did I leave some dates out of the above? Yep, but what I listed will do just fine.

What's "it?" Christ returning, the end of the world, a constantly changing cast for Gog and Magog, the Antichrist who is overdue by two centuries, the war to end all wars, and so on. 

People who are just as earnest and convinced of their beliefs have been making these sort of declarations for a very long time. What did they assert? 

Everyone before them was wrong. But they weren't, of course. They were right because (fill in the blank)!

So when nothing came to pass as they believed it would, what happened next? Back to doing the same thing all over again. The generation after them did the same. 

I have never been able to understand this phenomenon. 

Edited by Marathoner
typo
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  11

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Selah7,

Yes, that is the way I read and understand the Bible. Two Gog-Magog events separated by about 1,000 years, and it is clear that they are two different events and are supported in modern scholarship. I think Gog is a title like a king, leader, general, or a demonic name or title. Disclaimer: As with every other biblical topic, there are numerous camps of thought and interpretations.

The view I hold is that the first Gog-Magog event (Eze. 38: -39:) is an invasion of Israel, which aims to take spoil and plunder. It names the aggressors, lands, and countries of Ezekiel's time. Many of those lands are accurately identified, and we know what countries/areas they are today. A few are best guesses and speculation based on lack of confirmation. Russia, Iran, Turkey, Sudan, and Libya are everything but certain. It is not global (four corners of the earth) as the one in Revelation.

As you referenced Revelation 20:6-10, that beloved city would be Jerusalem. The "whole world" (four corners of the earth) will participate in this rebellion. This one aims to overthrow the Lord Jesus Christ, who is ruling with an iron rod. 

The Readers Digest version: I believe the 1st Gog-Magog invasion precedes the official start of THE Tribulation period by a minimum of 3.5 years, probably years more, for several reasons. Israel will burn those invasion forces' weapons of war for precisely seven years for fuel. There will be no Jews around after the AOD for 3.5 years in Israel to burn them. 

The buildup, posturing, rhetoric, economics, treaties, reasons, and alignments are just about established. I fully believe this is the generation that will witness all of this. 

We cannot know the day nor the hour, and the following is speculation. I have an inkling the Resurrection-Rapture could happen during this time frame? With 5/6 of this invasion force killed, their home countries' destruction and close proximity of the Rapture. The world would be in chaos and screaming for one person that has the answers to the globe's problems. 

Lord willing, we shall shortly see if we are the terminal generation (which I believe we are).  

Thank you kindly, Dennis.  Here are some scriptures on these battles:

Hamon-Gog:

Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, "and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.

- Ezekiel 38:1-3 

"Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it? "Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. "You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes."- Ezekiel 38:14-16 

"You shall fall upon the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you to birds of prey of every sort and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. "You shall fall on the open field; for I have spoken," says the Lord GOD. "And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security in the coastlands. Then they shall know that I am the LORD.- Ezekiel 39:4-6

"It will come to pass in that day that I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea; and it will obstruct travelers, because there they will bury Gog and all his multitude. Therefore they will call it the Valley of Hamon Gog. - Ezekiel 39:11

Armageddon:

"Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame." And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon. Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!" And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth. Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great. - Revelation 16:15-21

Gog and Magog:

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while. And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. - Revelation 20:1-8

12 hours ago, Marathoner said:

We've watched this movie before. First it was 1914, then it was 1918, 1942... 1944... 1949... 1962, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2020, 2021, this year, 2024 and according to some, 2028 (for sure!). 

Did I leave some dates out of the above? Yep, but what I listed will do just fine.

What's "it?" Christ returning, the end of the world, a constantly changing changing cast for Gog and Magog, the Antichrist who is overdue by two centuries, the war to end all wars, and so on. 

People who are just as earnest and convinced of their beliefs have been making these sort of declarations for a very long time. What did they assert? 

Everyone before them was wrong. But they weren't, of course. They were right because (fill in the blank)!

So when nothing came to pass as they believed it would, what happened next? Back to doing the same thing all over again. The generation after them did the same. 

I have never been able to understand this phenomenon. 

That's some valid points and my grandparents used to think the end with WW1, the pandemic, stock market crash, the dust bowl, etc.  Then came WW2 and subsequent wars and my dad said the same thing you did that they keep predicting the end but it does not happen yet.  I leave you with this quote from Sir Isaac Newton where everyone said he claimed 2060, but if you read it, he was not really setting dates.  He was setting a time "no sooner":

So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, recconing twelve months to a yeare & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived [sic] kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060. It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons wch God hath put into his own breast.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  10,556
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

4 hours ago, tim_from_pa said:

That's some valid points and my grandparents used to think the end with WW1, the pandemic, stock market crash, the dust bowl, etc.  Then came WW2 and subsequent wars and my dad said the same thing you did that they keep predicting the end but it does not happen yet.  I leave you with this quote from Sir Isaac Newton where everyone said he claimed 2060, but if you read it, he was not really setting dates.  He was setting a time "no sooner":

So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, recconing twelve months to a yeare & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived [sic] kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060. It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons wch God hath put into his own breast.

Good quote and germane to the topic at hand, my friend. I remember the effect this phenomenon had upon so many when I was a stranger to the Lord: here comes yet another prophet of disaster with their bizarre prediction of the end. Pat Robertson comes to mind with his slew of false prophecies, none of which came to pass. He's still at it today. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 3/22/2022 at 9:06 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

One thing ive learned about history is every generation has its "prophets" who claim the end is imminent, and to date every single one has been wrong. The exact same prophecies were made before WW1. And then again before ww2. Then every decade of the cold war.

Now sooner or later, statistically someone might get it right by pure luck, but thats likely all it will be. So I dont put much weight to such prophesies and simply live every day to the best of my abilities. I know Christ is with me and where Ill be in the end...the when and how it happens is completely irrelevant to me. Lifes far simpler and less stressful that way.

Me and Hal Lindsey was not wrong....   Jesus is coming in 1988.   Obviously he's late...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Good quote and germane to the topic at hand, my friend. I remember the effect this phenomenon had upon so many when I was a stranger to the Lord: here comes yet another prophet of disaster with their bizarre prediction of the end. Pat Robertson comes to mind with his slew of false prophecies, none of which came to pass. He's still at it today. 

Yes. In short, Newton was tired of it all, too.  LOL

• Haha 1