Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,530
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

I would like to hear your thoughts on the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden. Some think it could be symbolic of Jesus, but I believe it is a literal tree-producing fruit. From that perspective, I am looking at it as an edible fruit-bearing tree giving eternal life and considering what John says about the twelve different fruits and the leaves healing the nations in Revelation.

The wording and implications in Genesis suggest that Adam & Eve never did partake of the Tree of Life, and there was only one tree forbidden to eat thereof, the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

They were free to eat from the Tree of Life at their pleasure. Surely it was just as pleasing to the eye or more desirable than every other fruit tree in the Garden?

Why did Adam & Eve not partake in the Tree of Life? I realize they may not have had any concept of what death was. Statistically speaking, they should have eaten from it for various reasons. Unless they were not in the Garden long enough to get around to it?

The Lord goes into detail about singling out the two trees, and I would think Adam knew the Tree of Life must be something special.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: [emphasis mine]

Why did Adam not eat from the Tree of Life?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Adam and Eve were innocent as newborns when they were first created.

In order to begin to become mature humans, they had to begin to make their own choices.

God offered them a simple and fundamental choice: follow God's teaching, or reject God's teaching.

Thus the two choices: the way of God, or the way of the desires of self. They chose the latter.

The two trees both represented, and also had the capacity to implement, those two choices.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

I would like to hear your thoughts on the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden. Some think it could be symbolic of Jesus, but I believe it is a literal tree-producing fruit. From that perspective, I am looking at it as an edible fruit-bearing tree giving eternal life and considering what John says about the twelve different fruits and the leaves healing the nations in Revelation.

The wording and implications in Genesis suggest that Adam & Eve never did partake of the Tree of Life, and there was only one tree forbidden to eat thereof, the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

They were free to eat from the Tree of Life at their pleasure. Surely it was just as pleasing to the eye or more desirable than every other fruit tree in the Garden?

Why did Adam & Eve not partake in the Tree of Life? I realize they may not have had any concept of what death was. Statistically speaking, they should have eaten from it for various reasons. Unless they were not in the Garden long enough to get around to it?

The Lord goes into detail about singling out the two trees, and I would think Adam knew the Tree of Life must be something special.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: [emphasis mine]

I do not know if the tree of life was really fruit. I'll get lots of flak from my opinion here. I think it was what i call fruit of the womb. I think Eve had a sexual encounter with Satan and as a result of that encounter she had twins Cane and Able and that's where things get sorta weird. I also think Adam had a homosexual encounter with Satan as well. Result Cane Satan's off spring killed Able. Thus here we are transexuals, Gays, Lesbians, beastiality and sexual sins so far out of Wack one can only imagine. Sodom and Gamora paid the price for this to as Adam and Eve did except they were banned from the Garden. That's my take!  

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

9 minutes ago, backontrack said:

I do not know if the tree of life was really fruit. I'll get lots of flak from my opinion here. I think it was what i call fruit of the womb. I think Eve had a sexual encounter with Satan and as a result of that encounter she had twins Cane and Able and that's where things get sorta weird. I also think Adam had a homosexual encounter with Satan as well. Result Cane Satan's off spring killed Able. Thus here we are transexuals, Gays, Lesbians, beastiality and sexual sins so far out of Wack one can only imagine. Sodom and Gamora paid the price for this to as Adam and Eve did except they were banned from the Garden. That's my take!  

NKJ Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the LORD." 

Stick with what the bible says my friend and it will keep you in sound doctrine

Shalom

• Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The tree of life can be both literal and symbolic for Yeshua.

Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

2 minutes ago, Ancient said:

NKJ Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the LORD." 

Stick with what the bible says my friend and it will keep you in sound doctrine

Shalom

Still does not answer the question of fruit and fruit of the womb

6 minutes ago, backontrack said:

Still does not answer the question of fruit and fruit of the womb

All life comes from God, you know the one who creates and gives life, the one who breathes the breath of life into each person. No fruit of the womb comes from Satan. There is nowhere in God's word that even remotely or comes close to that disgraceful abominable doctrine that has been presented. You need Book, Chapter and Verse. You need to put up or.....!!!

Shalom

Edited by Ancient
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,530
  • Content Per Day:  2.69

Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. [emphasis added]

I assume the Tree of Life would be the same as the fruits in the Garden of Eden. If @George has the time, I'd like him to chime in and give me his thoughts also; he is a wise man. I can see the reasoning; it could be representative or symbolic. 

However, Adam & Eve did physically partake of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which was literal. Therefore, if that tree was literal, why not the other, and if so, that leads me back to the original question; why didn't they?

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. [emphasis added]

I assume the Tree of Life would be the same as the fruits in the Garden of Eden. If @George has the time, I'd like him to chime in and give me his thoughts also; he is a wise man. I can see the reasoning; it could be representative or symbolic. 

However, Adam & Eve did physically partake of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which was literal. Therefore, if that tree was literal, why not the other, and if so, that leads me back to the original question; why didn't they?

After the garden notice you never hear of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil again. The tree in Revelation I believe to be the same tree in the garden the tree of life.

Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,279
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

43 minutes ago, backontrack said:

"I'll get lots of flak from my opinion here"

Isn't that what you are after? Why else would you post what you did?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1