• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

18 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Don't get me wrong, I also agree that the probability of finding one person in History, or today. that fully understands this prophecy is so close to zero we might as well use zero.  You will, however, find those who claim they do, but that is between them and God.  Always take what others tell you and place it beside scripture to see if it lines up, or if the pieces are somehow forced together, making an unclear picture.  I know I don't have a full understanding of Revelation, but I'm not going to ignore what He has shown me, just like I will not stand up and say anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

Those who have studied for many years the true literal word of God know what those words mean. It is only a avoidance who do not try to understand those words.Why would God put these words in the Bible?

Revelation 22:18-19

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The above words are meant for the book of Revelation. It is very important to God that we do our best to understand the book of Revelation or find a Bible scholar who will help us with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

18 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Don't get me wrong, I also agree that the probability of finding one person in History, or today. that fully understands this prophecy is so close to zero we might as well use zero.  You will, however, find those who claim they do, but that is between them and God.  Always take what others tell you and place it beside scripture to see if it lines up, or if the pieces are somehow forced together, making an unclear picture.  I know I don't have a full understanding of Revelation, but I'm not going to ignore what He has shown me, just like I will not stand up and say anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

Yup---I am more and more convinced that nobody alive today gets it. I am convinced that it was written to the churches of that day and when it circulated, it was explained and folks did know precisely what it meant as they had servants there to make it clear as the Lord provided unction and opened eyes as He desired and planned from before the foundation of the world.

It is patently obvious, this is NOT the case today.

I have seen up close and personal on adventures the Lord has taken me on what can happen when well meaning saints follow a man and a teaching on such things...it NEVER ends well.

My counsel is to seek the LOrd Himself and strive for a growing up in Him. Make these things your desire. Run that race and we will all see Him one day--on THAT Day.

Occupy.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Alive said:

Yup---I am more and more convinced that nobody alive today gets it. I am convinced that it was written to the churches of that day and when it circulated, it was explained and folks did know precisely what it meant as they had servants there to make it clear as the Lord provided unction and opened eyes as He desired and planned from before the foundation of the world.

It is patently obvious, this is NOT the case today.

I have seen up close and personal on adventures the Lord has taken me on what can happen when well meaning saints follow a man and a teaching on such things...it NEVER ends well.

My counsel is to seek the LOrd Himself and strive for a growing up in Him. Make these things your desire. Run that race and we will all see Him one day--on THAT Day.

Occupy.

If no one would understand the words of the book of Revelation then why did God have John write the words? Yes, Apocalyptic writing is harder to under stand but this may help you understand why:

Why is apocalyptic literature so strange?

ANSWER

Apocalyptic literature is a specific form of prophecy, largely involving symbols and imagery and predicting disaster and destruction. Apocalyptic literature frequently contains strange descriptions and bizarre imagery: the terrible, iron-toothed beast of Daniel 7, the long-haired locusts with men’s faces of Revelation 9, the four-faced creatures of Ezekiel 1.

Apocalyptic literature involves descriptions of the end of the world and typically depicts grandiose, cataclysmic events. In the Old Testament, books such as Ezekiel, Daniel, and Zechariah contain elements of apocalyptic literature. The same is true of certain passages in the New Testament, such as 2 Thessalonians 2, Mark 13, and Matthew 24. And, of course, the entire book of Revelation is apocalyptic; in fact, the Greek word apocalypse means “revelation.”

Some of the strangeness of apocalyptic literature may stem from the difficulty of explaining events that the observer simply did not understand, or perhaps the writer’s visions really were as unusual as they are described. Another reason for the strangeness of apocalyptic literature is the subject matter itself. By necessity, “the end of the world” is going to involve abnormal events. This is particularly true in apocalyptic works where there is a final reckoning or balancing of justice. As divine power interferes with nature in order to bring about this reckoning, things on earth will become extremely abnormal.

Another reason for the weirdness in apocalyptic literature is the heavy use of symbolism. In both biblical and non-biblical apocalyptic literature, symbols are an important means of conveying the message. For this reason, many events are described in metaphors, rather than in literal terms. For instance, in the book of Revelation, John describes a woman clothed with the sun, in childbirth pain, with a dragon waiting to attack her child (Revelation 12:1–4). Elsewhere, John describes a beast from the sea with seven heads and ten horns (Revelation 13:1). Readers of the genre would recognize these as symbols, not as literal creatures. The otherworldly descriptions serve as clues pointing toward some future person, thing, or event.

Another possible reason for strange language in apocalyptic literature is the difficulty inherent in explaining the future. If, for instance, John actually saw things such as tanks, airplanes, nuclear weapons, or televisions, how would he explain them? What would he call an air-to-ground missile, using only his own vocabulary? Would he even know what they were or how to tell others about them? More than likely, John’s descriptions would be of what those things might look like to someone of his time, such as animals, stars, or spells.

More than likely, whatever visions an apocalyptic writer had were literal visions, faithfully recorded, but the visions themselves were conveyed metaphorically. That is, God chose to show the writers symbols rather than literal people or things. Perhaps John really did visualize a woman wearing the sun, and he really did see a dragon with multiple heads, since those were the symbols God wanted him to relate in Revelation.

Biblical apocalyptic literature is generically similar to other works of its type, but with some important differences. Most writing of this type is anonymous and vague about whom it addresses. This was often due to the purpose of apocalyptic writing: to send a subversive message from a fictional prophet of the past. But in the case of John, the writer explicitly identifies himself (Revelation 1:1–2), directs the message to particular people (Revelation 1:9–10), and writes many centuries before the fulfillment occurred (Revelation 22:8–10). The content of apocalyptic literature is certainly strange, but no stranger than one would expect for that genre and subject matter.
Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Heaven_Bound said:

I don't think it's that many do not understand, it's more that is our understanding correct because much of it remains unfulfilled.   90% of the Bible we can be certain about because of Prophecy Fulfillment.   The remaining unfulfilled Prophecy we continue adjusting with the like current War with Russia and Possible connection to Elam/Iran and Ezekiel 38/39, then add today's RFID Chip/Bill Gates electronic Tattoo and we think we understand the Mark of the Beast and the System of the Beast better + we can see the world is going to the Electronic Dollar which connects to the already existing One World Bank.

But since Christ has not Returned, we know Tribulation still needs to happen, Armageddon, Judgement, and a few more things.

Basically, as things happen and we understand that as being Prophecy Fulfilled, we are just checking off what we know still has to happen.   But what I do know for certain, every time something is fulfilled, no one really was foretelling it as it literally and actually happened.   So even though like RFID Chips/Electronic Tattoo seem like perfect examples of the Mark of the Beast,  when that moment literally happens, it could be something similar but not quite exactly how we thought and are thinking right now about it.

Yes, it is future and has not happened as yet. But we can read the book of Revelation and know what will happen even though those who are born again Christians will no longer remain on this earth. 

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Alive said:

This is a mischaracterization of what this OP is all about.

Its almost laughable, actually. Ya don't have to forget anything, just place yourself for a moment in the place I have suggested.

Having said this, I suspect no man alive today understands the letter.

Look--I ask again--how many interpretations of the letter are proposed by saints convinced it is the Holy Spirit that has shown them. All are different--wildly so. All cannot be right, but all can be wrong.

C'mon, man. Get real brother. Not all spiritual on me. This is eschatology.

:-)

You mentioned that you  don't really understand the book of Revelation,why not ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand? The Bible does say that in the latter-day the wise will understand, what do you find so difficult to understand?

If you want I can give you good speakers to listen to who will explain the book verse by verse, we're living in these that we should know what is going on all around us, ask God to open your eyes, so you may understand.

I somehow think it might be difficult to grasp because of the doctrine you hold on some things?

Revelation is such an eye opener for the believer...

Michael's Deliverance and the End Times
…9“Go on your way, Daniel,” he replied, “for the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. 10Many will be purified, made spotless, and refined, but the wicked will continue to act wickedly. None of the wicked will understand, but the wise will understand. 11And from the time the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation set up, there will be 1,290 days.…Daniel 12:10

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

You mentioned that you  don't really understand the book of Revelation,why not ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand? The Bible does say that in the latter-day the wise will understand, what do you find so difficult to understand?

If you want I can give you good speakers to listen to who will explain the book verse by verse, we're living in these that we should know what is going on all around us, ask God to open your eyes, so you may understand.

I somehow think it might be difficult to grasp because of the doctrine you hold on some things?

Revelation is such an eye opener for the believer...

Michael's Deliverance and the End Times
…9“Go on your way, Daniel,” he replied, “for the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. 10Many will be purified, made spotless, and refined, but the wicked will continue to act wickedly. None of the wicked will understand, but the wise will understand. 11And from the time the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation set up, there will be 1,290 days.…Daniel 12:10

I pray to God before I read the Bible and ask Him to give me knowledge to show me the Words as He wants me to understand them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, missmuffet said:

I pray to God before I read the Bible and ask Him to give me knowledge to show me the Words as He wants me to understand them. 

It's only through the Holy Spirit we will be able to understand the Bible..

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  575
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  9

When I read God's Word I pray along with reading it. I pray God would reveal what His Word is saying to us.

Just now, angels4u said:

It's only through the Holy Spirit we will be able to understand the Bible..

Yes.

Just now, Patticats said:

When I read God's Word I pray along with reading it. I pray God would reveal what His Word is saying to us.

Yes :)