IGNORED

"...the kingdom of God will be ... given to a nation bearing the fruits of it." Who? Where? What?

WilliamL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Matthew 21:43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you [the first century A.D. Jewish nation] and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it."

Who is this nation? (Not, nations.) Only two possible answers: the true one, and the false one.

Where is this nation?

What have been "the fruits of it" ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

8 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Matthew 21:43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you [the first century A.D. Jewish nation] and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it."

Who is this nation? (Not, nations.) Only two possible answers: the true one, and the false one.

Where is this nation?

I think that word ethnos is better translated 'people' and understood to be gentiles generally, which is evident in the 'times of the gentiles.

Just now, Alive said:

I think that word ethnos is better translated 'people' and understood to be gentiles generally, which is evident in the 'times of the gentiles.

The word is in the singular, not the plural. Which is why I added this:

11 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

(Not, nations.)

"Gentiles" is just another word for "nations," so, if Jesus had meant nations/Gentiles, He would have said so.

Anyone else?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Where is this nation?

I wouldn't assume he is speaking of the first century Ad Jewish nation. 

It will be taken from the beast and given to the saints. 

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-18.htm

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,630
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Where is this nation?

The word for nations in Matt 21:43 has two important nuances;

"1484 éthnos (from ethō, "forming a custom, culture") – properly, people joined by practicing similar customs or common culture; nation(s),

usually referring to unbelieving Gentiles (non-Jews)."

Seems ethnos can refer to nations as in the whole of the non-Jew world. 

Whatever He meant it's sure it's a group with common perceptions which are not burdened by religion. Imo.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

16 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Where is this nation?

Greetings ...

Consider that Christians are that nation, that spiritual house which is built upon the Rock.

As Christians, we are the "living stones" that make up His temple.  

1 Peter 2:5:  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

The spiritual sacrifices would include the fruit Christians will produce, always abounding in the work of the Lord.

in Christ, Selah

On 4/20/2022 at 6:31 AM, Selah7 said:

Greetings ...

Consider that Christians are that nation, that spiritual house which is built upon the Rock.

As Christians, we are the "living stones" that make up His temple.  

1 Peter 2:5:  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

The spiritual sacrifices would include the fruit Christians will produce, always abounding in the work of the Lord.

in Christ, Selah

Good answer, except that Peter was writing "To those who are elect exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia...among the Gentiles..." 1 Peter 1:1, 2:12  "The Dispersion" referred specifically to Jews dispersed from the land of Israel -- not the Church as a whole. Peter was "the Apostle to the circumcision." Gal. 2:7-8

Which is the only people given a patriarchal blessing under the sign of the cross?

And what was the destiny prophesied for them by  their father?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

The only nations that delivered the good news more so is England and America, I would think. In these later days.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/20/2022 at 3:16 AM, WilliamL said:

Where is this nation?

Hi William

Forgive me as I have not read through the whole thread.  Surely those who the Lamb has fed should know this by now, and if not, now is the time to know.

1 Peter 2:9   But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1 Peter 2:10   Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Isaiah 66:8   Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Zion is travailing now with birth pangs.  At the 1st resurrection she will give birth to all her children.  These are the ones who will receive the promises and the reward.

We can't find this nation on a map because Zion, the kingdom of God on earth is in the hearts of believers from all over the world who follow Christ.  This is the nation the Word of God was speaking about, because all the physical nations are spiritually desolate, every single one of them.