• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

The Greek word for "Wormwood" is "Apsinthos." It's the word from which we get "absinthe," a strong, green liquor. I don't know its status now, but at one time it was outlawed in the USA because it was so poisonous in high concentrations.

Yes...indeed.

Apsinthos is believed to refer to a plant of the genus Artemisia, used metaphorically to mean something with a bitter taste. The English rendering "wormwood" refers to the dark green oil produced by the plant, which was used to kill intestinal worms.

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

This meteorite won't just smack into the earth, as others do. It will be like a sputtering torch (Greek: kaiomenos hoos lampas = "sputtering like a-torch"), falling upon the rivers and springs by dropping its chemical composition along its path and poisoning the fresh water sources wherever it passes over. To "make the waters bitter" = to "poison the waters."

I think its simply the fallout that poisons the water. When an asteroid impact hits it will then reverberate into the skies, but it hitting in the ocean will cause it to have a mist effect which will spread even further, and if this hits just off the coast of California, it will get in the jet stream and fall all over America and much of northern Europe.

It is a Fallout of some sort of material from another planet or a star that has blown up years ago. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

32 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

Yes...indeed.

Apsinthos is believed to refer to a plant of the genus Artemisia, used metaphorically to mean something with a bitter taste. The English rendering "wormwood" refers to the dark green oil produced by the plant, which was used to kill intestinal worms.

Shalom, Revelation Man.

The Greek word translated "they were made bitter" in Revelation 8:11 is epikrantheesan, the third-person plural form of the aorist tense, indicative mood, and passive voice of pikrainoo, a word classically meaning "to make bitter." However, this is obviously more than just a "bitter taste!" It KILLS! In chapter 10, the same word was used for the "little book" or "little scroll"; it was sweet in one's mouth but was made "bitter in one's stomach." One does not "taste" with one's stomach. If one has an upset stomach, one might taste the bile regurgitated into one's mouth, but a stomach alone doesn't taste anything. This may, however, refer to the acids of the stomach being churned, giving one a problem with acid reflux.

32 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

I think its simply the fallout that poisons the water. When an asteroid impact hits it will then reverberate into the skies, but it hitting in the ocean will cause it to have a mist effect which will spread even further, and if this hits just off the coast of California, it will get in the jet stream and fall all over America and much of northern Europe.

It is a Fallout of some sort of material from another planet or a star that has blown up years ago. 

You're going nebulous on me. Not everywhere the "earth" is mentioned does it mean the entire planet! Both the Greek word "gee" and the Hebrew word "erets" have to do more with the "LAND!" Why hit the new world at all if God is focusing on the nations surrounding Israel? The text doesn't say that it impacts the land or that it impacts water. Rather, it says that it falls upon the fresh water sources - the rivers and the springs! How is that possible? It BURNS UP in the atmosphere, but the chemicals released fall upon and poison the fresh water sources.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

7 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

The Greek word translated "they were made bitter" in Revelation 8:11 is epikrantheesan, the third-person plural form of the aorist tense, indicative mood, and passive voice of pikrainoo, a word classically meaning "to make bitter." However, this is obviously more than just a "bitter taste!" It KILLS! In chapter 10, the same word was used for the "little book" or "little scroll"; it was sweet in one's mouth but was made "bitter in one's stomach." One does not "taste" with one's stomach. If one has an upset stomach, one might taste the bile regurgitated into one's mouth, but a stomach alone doesn't taste anything. This may, however, refer to the acids of the stomach being churned, giving one a problem with acid reflux.

It will be a poison that renders the water undrinkable, and more than likely that means they will die if they indeed drink it. When understanding words meanings we have to take into account this is a JUDGMENT.

10 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

You're going nebulous on me. Not everywhere the "earth" is mentioned does it mean the entire planet! Both the Greek word "gee" and the Hebrew word "erets" have to do more with the "LAND!" Why hit the new world at all if God is focusing on the nations surrounding Israel? The text doesn't say that it impacts the land or that it impacts water. Rather, it says that it falls upon the fresh water sources - the rivers and the springs! How is that possible? It BURNS UP in the atmosphere, but the chemicals released fall upon and poison the fresh water sources.

This is understood, on a post with Sister I am currently arguing the Anti-Christ only rules over Europe and the Mediterranean Sea Region not the WHOLE WORLD, just like Nebuchadnezzar and Alexander the Great did not rule of the WHOLE WORLD. Both North ad South America combined is 1/3 of the land mass that burns, but the Smoke in the Jet Stream goes world wide and diminishes light world wide via filtered sunlight by 1/3. 

So, I understand ALL HE LAND being spoken of via the 7 Headed Beast and 10 Horns is Europe and the Mediterranean Sea Region. But the 1/3 destroyed is North and South America, why would Jesus destroy the part of the world he is going to reign in? He will just kill those wicked men. 

If you want to understand t Fallout look up the fallout from  the Asteroid that hit in Mexico 70 million years ago, it was Sulfur and poisoned everything because it was a much larger asteroid impact. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

My understanding is that this refers to the Tunguska event.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event

Revelation mentions "rivers" and the explosion occurred near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in Yeniseysk Governorate (now Krasnoyarsk Krai), Russia.

Is the "star" a meteor air burst? I find some things strange regarding this event. Below we see the sky at the epicenter of the event at the time in question.

https://i.postimg.cc/Rhyxgt1m/Tunguska01.jpg

We notice a star close to the Meridian in the South at an angular altitude of 70 degrees above the horizon. It is only 2 degrees West of the Meridian(182 degrees). It turns out that this star shows up at the birth of Jesus Christ and is close to being above ones head! This star has 4 confirmed planets!

But another interesting coincidence is that 3 days after the Tunguska blast, the Phaistos disk was unearthed in Crete by Luigi Pernier. Below we are stationed at Phaistos at the day of the Tunguska blast and we see the star rise in the East on an ideal flat horizon. The direction of the stat is 36.16 degrees. But the direction - azimuth between Phaistos and the Tunguska event epicenter is 36.05 degrees. See below:

https://i.postimg.cc/W4z3YGgF/Tunguska02.jpg

This drives me to believe that the following events:

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

are mentioned in the Phaistos disk and they refer to the Thera volcanic eruption. The great mountain existed at Thera before the eruption and some call it the "Aegean mountain".

Edited by Spiros

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, other one said:

that may be the case, however the Bible states that is is a thing that falls out of the sky

I wrote in my initial post that the Chernobyl explosion lifted radioactive particles into the stratosphere.  Once there the particulate matter was blown across the entire northern hemisphere by winds high aloft (Jet stream).  The radioactive material LITERALLY falls out of the sky.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

On 4/22/2022 at 9:01 PM, Revelation Man said:

No, its the FALL OUT from an Asteroid, just like the fall out from a Nuclear weapon, but who knows what it is that poisons the fresh waters in 1/3 of the world (North and South America = 1/3 of the worlds landmass). They say sulfur poisoned everything after the asteroid that killed of the Dinos about 70 million years ago. It could be some type Nuclear fallout from a metal we have never even heard of yet etc. etc. 

Trump #1 Fire comes first because before the impact in the sea this asteroid is disintegrating thus fire falls and sparks fires where ever it crosses. 

Trump #2 is the IMPACT that seems like a huge EARTHQUAKE worldwide. 

Trump #3 is the FALLOUT that poisons the fresh waters in "1/3" of the world. 

Trump #4 is the Sun and Moon going dark, plus the moon looks like it is blood red from all the fires, it has a red hue to it as Joel 2:31 describes. Once all the smoke gets In the jet stream it will blot out or diminish the sun world wide by 1/3.

The name Wormwood comes from a plant in Europe that means BITTER. 

The Bible does NOT equate an asteroid with Wormwood.  Revelation 8:10-11 states STAR = Wormwood.  The previous verses mention a different plague - a large mountainous object.

Nuclear fire has often been equated with stellar appearance and effect.   This is true of virtually every secular reference made to it.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:48 PM, Revelation Man said:

Yes...indeed.

The portion of Revelation in question says STAR, not asteroid and certainly not a bartender's concoction.

13 hours ago, Spiros said:

My understanding is that this refers to the Tunguska event.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event

Revelation mentions "rivers" and the explosion occurred near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in Yeniseysk Governorate (now Krasnoyarsk Krai), Russia.

Is the "star" a meteor air burst? I find some things strange regarding this event. Below we see the sky at the epicenter of the event at the time in question.

https://i.postimg.cc/Rhyxgt1m/Tunguska01.jpg

We notice a star close to the Meridian in the South at an angular altitude of 70 degrees above the horizon. It is only 2 degrees West of the Meridian(182 degrees). It turns out that this star shows up at the birth of Jesus Christ and is close to being above ones head! This star has 4 confirmed planets!

But another interesting coincidence is that 3 days after the Tunguska blast, the Phaistos disk was unearthed in Crete by Luigi Pernier. Below we are stationed at Phaistos at the day of the Tunguska blast and we see the star rise in the East on an ideal flat horizon. The direction of the stat is 36.16 degrees. But the direction - azimuth between Phaistos and the Tunguska event epicenter is 36.05 degrees. See below:

https://i.postimg.cc/W4z3YGgF/Tunguska02.jpg

This drives me to believe that the following events:

are mentioned in the Phaistos disk and they refer to the Thera volcanic eruption. The great mountain existed at Thera before the eruption and some call it the "Aegean mountain".

The Russian meteor was a local event. It did not affect a wide area of the earth as the Chernobyl explosion has done.  

Additionally, Revelation 8:10-11 speaks of a STAR not an asteroid/meteor.  Nuclear explosions have always been linked to the elemental forces of STARS.......always.

On 4/24/2022 at 12:02 AM, Revelation Man said:

It will be a poison that renders the water undrinkable, and more than likely that means they will die if they indeed drink it. When understanding words meanings we have to take into account this is a JUDGMENT.

This is understood, on a post with Sister I am currently arguing the Anti-Christ only rules over Europe and the Mediterranean Sea Region not the WHOLE WORLD, just like Nebuchadnezzar and Alexander the Great did not rule of the WHOLE WORLD. Both North ad South America combined is 1/3 of the land mass that burns, but the Smoke in the Jet Stream goes world wide and diminishes light world wide via filtered sunlight by 1/3. 

So, I understand ALL HE LAND being spoken of via the 7 Headed Beast and 10 Horns is Europe and the Mediterranean Sea Region. But the 1/3 destroyed is North and South America, why would Jesus destroy the part of the world he is going to reign in? He will just kill those wicked men. 

If you want to understand t Fallout look up the fallout from  the Asteroid that hit in Mexico 70 million years ago, it was Sulfur and poisoned everything because it was a much larger asteroid impact. 

Revelation describes the anti-Christ as a leader of a global religious system.   THE ONLY system like that is the Roman Catholic church.  

Of the three global religions on planet earth, the pope is the only one that has been declared as god by his prophets!

Their words (the Vatican), not mine......

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth." - Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218. Cities Petrus Bertrandus, Pius V.

What does this have to do with Wormwood....except perhaps the poisonous dogma of RCC communion?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

PS

It is quite likely the pope would soon realize he isn't infallible if he were married.

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a question.    When I look into my Bible I only see The Antichrist mentioned three or four times and never relating to a single person.

So what in Revelation and/or Daniel do you consider "The Antichrist"?

It gets kind of confusing to read through everyone's posts for I wonder if everyone is talking about the same thing.