• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, choir loft said:

The Bible does NOT equate an asteroid with Wormwood.  Revelation 8:10-11 states STAR = Wormwood.  The previous verses mention a different plague - a large mountainous object.

Nuclear fire has often been equated with stellar appearance and effect.   This is true of virtually every secular reference made to it.

That's only true if you do not quite understand how to read the book of Revelation, a Mountain (Rock) that is slung into the Sea is an asteroid. How does an asteroid come in? On fire or HOT.

7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven(SAME Asteroid but now the FALLOUT is being spoken about by God), burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

This isn't even debatable, you do know it was an Asteroid coming in that burnt up Sodom and Gomorrah right? God used His creation to judge peoples. 

Edited by Revelation Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, other one said:

I have a question.    When I look into my Bible I only see The Antichrist mentioned three or four times and never relating to a single person.

So what in Revelation and/or Daniel do you consider "The Antichrist"?

It gets kind of confusing to read through everyone's posts for I wonder if everyone is talking about the same thing.

1 John 2:18 describes him as THAT Anti-Christ. He could be called the Man of Sin, the Little Horn, the Wicked One the Assyrian  etc. etc. etc. and just like there is no Trinity in the bible anywhere, but we know that God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are a Trinity, we could also just say The Anti-Christ PERSON which is to come, known formerly by MANY NAMES is now going to get the moniker Anti-Christ, and that would be OK because he is  indeed Anti-Christ and anti God.

But alas, he is called THAT Anti-Christ, so people refer unto him as the Anti-Christ who of course seeks to blaspheme God and Jesus during this End Time Period of 42 months. 

3 hours ago, choir loft said:

The portion of Revelation in question says STAR, not asteroid and certainly not a bartender's concoction.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Research it, the very word Asteroid comes from the Greek word used in the verse, "ASTER". Any space rock coming in HOT is an Asteroid, be it from a planet as most are or from a blown up star. 

Reuelation 8:10 And 2532 the x3588 third 5154 Angel 32 sounded, 4537 z5656 and 2532 there fell 4098 z5627 a great 3173 starre 792 from 1537 heauen, 3772 burning 2545 z5746 as it were 5613 a lampe, 2985 and 2532 it fell 4098 z5627 vpon 1909 the x3588 third part 5154 of the x3588 riuers, 4215 and 2532 vpon 1909 the x3588 fountaines 4077 of waters: y5204 x5024

8:11 And 2532 the x3588 name 3686 of the x3588 starre 792 is called 3004 z5743 Wormewood, 894 and 2532 the x3588 third part 5154 of the x3588 waters 5204 became 1096 z5736 y1519 wormewood, 894 x1519 and 2532 many 4183 men 444 dyed 599 z5627 of 1537 the x3588 waters, 5204 because 3754 they were made bitter. 4087 z5681

792 =  #0792 ἀστήρ aster {as-tare'}

probably from the base of G4766; TDNT - 1:503,86; n m

You don't really think a Star could come into our atmosphere do you? If our own sun came into our atmosphere we would be burnt to a crisp. It is an Asteroid on fire. Of course 2000-2500 years ago they saw a comet as a Burning Star shooting across the skies, we still call them "Shooting Stars",  :D.  

We have to understand that Rev. 8 describes an incoming Asteroid.

Revelation describes the anti-Christ as a leader of a global religious system.   THE ONLY system like that is the Roman Catholic church.  

1.)  Dan. 2 also says both Nebuchadnezzar AND Alexander the Great will rule over ALL THE EARTH, but The Earth/Land being spoken of has to do with the 7 Heads and 10 Horns. North and South America is the 1/3 that is on fire or ablaze. There is no Global Religion per se, you and others misunderstand that he vanquishes all other Religions (Kills off the Harlot Religions of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism et al) and mandates Beast Worship, a form of Humanism that is basically rampant today.

The RCC is not a part of the Beast System, both that and the Islamic angle put fort by Joel Richardson are just Satan spreading untruths to confuse the Church/Masses.

Of the three global religions on planet earth, the pope is the only one that has been declared as god by his prophets!

We can have many evil men on the earth, but only ONE Anti-Christ, its not a Pope, he's not even the False Prophet, that is a Jewish High Priest gone rogue. Satan is very astute at lying. He mixes lies with half truths.

What does this have to do with Wormwood....except perhaps the poisonous dogma of RCC communion?

The Asteroid will poison the place it hits (North and South America) via a Fall out. The Asteroid that hit in the Yucatan area poisoned the whole earth with a Sulfur fallout. Look it up. But it was much, much bigger.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, choir loft said:

I wrote in my initial post that the Chernobyl explosion lifted radioactive particles into the stratosphere.  Once there the particulate matter was blown across the entire northern hemisphere by winds high aloft (Jet stream).  The radioactive material LITERALLY falls out of the sky.

I just don't see it..  It doesn't look like a great mountain or a bright star falling.  To me it doesn't' resemble what the Bible is trying to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 4/22/2022 at 6:26 AM, choir loft said:

In the Ukrainian language the word CHERNOBYL is literally translated into English as WORMWOOD.

Both terms refer to the poisonous effects of some sort of calamity upon the earth.

When the nuclear facility at Chernobyl exploded, radioactive components were lifted into the stratosphere and were blown across the planet.  They eventually fell to earth to contaminate the land, its people, its crops and its animals.  No one knows the full extent of the effects of the Chernobyl accident.

Revelation 8:10-11 describes "a great star blazing like a torch" which causes many people to die.  The scripture says that a third of the waters of the earth were poisoned.   This estimate may be a bit conservative since the radioactive fallout of the Chernobyl accident affected the entire northern hemisphere of our planet.  No one can say with certainty how much or little of the waters and people were actually affected.  That most were indeed affected cannot be argued against.

the flash of the bomb was many times brighter than the sun - Enrico Fermi, nuclear physicist who witnessed the first atomic explosion

Scripture describes Wormwood as a mighty star that fell to earth and poisoned its waters and people.  There is no better description of nuclear fire than this quote from the Bible.  

Those that accept Biblical predictions as evidence of the times in which we live cannot do otherwise than to rededicate themselves unto the service of God in Christ Jesus.  Those that don't believe these things are true will continue to delude themselves into believing they've got plenty of time before God's return to earth.

Indeed judgment has already begun.....and that is the whole point of this post.  Chernobyl is evidence of it.

It is time to repent.

PS

It has long been established that strontium 90, which is a radioactive component of nuclear explosions, has a chemical affinity with calcium. Strontium 90 tends to bond with calcium.   It becomes part of cows milk and since the mid 1950's has been suspected as being a cause of breast cancer in humans.  The half life of strontium 90 is 50,000 years.  The poisons that fall upon the earth from this isotope of nuclear reactions does not 'go away'.

Nope, I don't see it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

1 John 2:18 describes him as THAT Anti-Christ. He could be called the Man of Sin, the Little Horn, the Wicked One the Assyrian  etc. etc. etc. and just like there is no Trinity in the bible anywhere, but we know that God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are a Trinity, we could also just say The Anti-Christ PERSON which is to come, known formerly by MANY NAMES is now going to get the moniker Anti-Christ, and that would be OK because he is  indeed Anti-Christ and anti God.

But alas, he is called THAT Anti-Christ, so people refer unto him as the Anti-Christ who of course seeks to blaspheme God and Jesus during this End Time Period of 42 months. 

antichrist is not capitalized, it is speaking of antichrist as a group.   Look at the rest of the paragraph and it immediately speaks of "they".

1 John 2:18-29

18 Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us. 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also. 24 As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life. 26 These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you. 27 And as for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him. 28 And now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him. 
NASB

the one meaning anyone who denies the Father and Son is antichrist.

Look through the book of Revelation speaking of end times and who/what is this antichrist person who works with the false prophet and is thrown into hell in the end.

16 minutes ago, other one said:

antichrist is not capitalized, it is speaking of antichrist as a group.   Look at the rest of the paragraph and it immediately speaks of "they".

Not relevant, neither is the prince to come capitalized. Whilst the Messiah is in Dan. 9:26.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince(A.C.) that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

THAT anti-christ points to ONE MAN. 

Of course it speaks of THEY......he is juxtaposing that one dat THAT anti-Christ shall come against THEY (the many anti God people who are not COMING but are HERE) who are already here.  That is his whole point, he's warning the, yes you are not yet under the wicked one to come but do not let your guard down, there are many anti christ's already in our midst.

25 minutes ago, other one said:

the one meaning anyone who denies the Father and Son is antichrist.

Look through the book of Revelation speaking of end times and who/what is this antichrist person who works with the false prophet and is thrown into hell in the end.

We know that, but he pints to THAT anti-christ.

He is a Gentile King like all the others were, but in the end he's Elected by the 10 (Complete Europe). He has an Agreement with MANY not Just Israel and he turns on them all and conquers the whole Mediterranean Sea Region. One of those he co-opts will be a Jewish High Priest he gets to go against his own people, after Israel repents (Zechariah 13:8-9) just before the DOTL (as seen in Zechariah 14:1-2). 

So, an E.U. President will be the Anti-Christ and a Jewish High Priest will be the False Prophet.

If you want me to call hi the Little Horn/A.C./Beast I can every time, but it is, in my wat of thinking, a lame argument. We can call him CONCRETE as far as I am concerned, as long as were are talking about the End Time E.U. President/King. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

9 hours ago, choir loft said:

The Russian meteor was a local event. It did not affect a wide area of the earth as the Chernobyl explosion has done.  

Additionally, Revelation 8:10-11 speaks of a STAR not an asteroid/meteor.  Nuclear explosions have always been linked to the elemental forces of STARS.......always.

Most stars mainly contain light elements like Hydrogen and Helium. Some might contain slightly heavier ones like Carbon, but they do not contain elements used in nuclear fission like Uranium. Energy is stars is produced via nuclear fusion.

The fact that my proposition is correct can be seen if we look at the passage:

Revelation 8.12

And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

One third of the Sun was darkened. If we look at the NASA data we will find 3 dates that match this in the 1900 - 2100 AD time period. 

1. July 21, 1906 AD. It was close to Antarctica. The eclipse magnitude being close to one third is 0.3355.

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSEmap/1901-2000/1906-07-21.gif

2. June 30, 1935 AD. This eclipse was visible from Russia. Now notice how close the path of the eclipse is to the Tunguska explosion:

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSEmap/1901-2000/1935-06-30.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9H60Fr9/Tunguska-eclipse01.jpg

The eclipse magnitude being close to one third is 0.3375.

3. July 13, 2018 AD. This eclipse was visible from the southern tip of Australia. 

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEplot/SEplot2001/SE2018Jul13P.GIF

The eclipse magnitude being close to one third is 0.3367.

What do we notice? We notice that the 1935 eclipse where one third of the Sun was darkened, took place on the same date as the Tunguska event, June 30. The time difference is exaclty 27 years. Now regarding the star if you look at my post one notices the star in question. It relates to the star of Bethlehem

Edited by Spiros

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/25/2022 at 6:24 PM, Spiros said:

Most stars mainly contain light elements like Hydrogen and Helium. Some might contain slightly heavier ones like Carbon, but they do not contain elements used in nuclear fission like Uranium. Energy is stars is produced via nuclear fusion.

The fact that my proposition is correct can be seen if we look at the passage:

Revelation 8.12

One third of the Sun was darkened. If we look at the NASA data we will find 3 dates that match this in the 1900 - 2100 AD time period. 

1. July 21, 1906 AD. It was close to Antarctica. The eclipse magnitude being close to one third is 0.3355.

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSEmap/1901-2000/1906-07-21.gif

2. June 30, 1935 AD. This eclipse was visible from Russia. Now notice how close the path of the eclipse is to the Tunguska explosion:

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSEmap/1901-2000/1935-06-30.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9H60Fr9/Tunguska-eclipse01.jpg

The eclipse magnitude being close to one third is 0.3375.

3. July 13, 2018 AD. This eclipse was visible from the southern tip of Australia. 

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEplot/SEplot2001/SE2018Jul13P.GIF

The eclipse magnitude being close to one third is 0.3367.

What do we notice? We notice that the 1935 eclipse where one third of the Sun was darkened, took place on the same date as the Tunguska event, June 30. The time difference is exaclty 27 years. Now regarding the star if you look at my post one notices the star in question. It relates to the star of Bethlehem

Please restrict your comment to the above quoted scripture in Revelation 8:11.  

Extraneous allusions only confuse the issue.

Rev 8:11 doesn't mention eclipses, Bethlehem, the south pole, blood moons or darkening of the sun.

My interest in this thread is to explore the meaning of the terrible event at Chernobyl and its possible relationship to the Biblical prophecy.

Less than a week after the Chernobyl, deadly radiation had been detected in Europe.  Russians refused to allow cows milk to be injested by any of its citizens due to the chemical affinity of Strontium-90 with calcium.  Strontium 90 is an isotope created by nuclear explosions.  The mixture is known to cause cancer.  I cannot imagine a greater poisonous effect upon an otherwise healthy body.

Months later, the poisonous radioactive cloud released by the Chernobyl explosion had drifted across Asia and the Pacific Ocean and was detected by sensors in North America.  

The cumulative effect of Strontium-90 rained down upon the seas rivers and lands of the northern hemisphere to effect the health of every living thing.

While the Bible stated that a third of the world would be effected, no actual measure of the effects of the Chernobyl explosion has been established.  In my opinion a third of the living things on earth were indeed affected.

This is science and established events of recent history.

What remains is conjecture as to the purpose of End Times prophecy.   If these passages do indeed predict events upon earth prior to the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ, then I do believe Chernobyl justifies serious consideration as part of it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Edited by choir loft