IGNORED

If you are indigent, Or alone and have not a family of your own, How to go about being buried in your death ? I have not a family of my own under the age of me, Nor a husband and I have aging parents. How do I be buried ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

If you are indigent, Or alone and have not a family of your own, How to go about being buried in your death ? I have not a family of my own under the age of me, Nor a husband and I have aging parents. How do I be buried ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I presume you're living in the USA so I don't know the legal details over there. But It's probably similar to the UK.

First of all, make a will (that's something every one of us should do)! In the will you can stipulate how you want your body to be disposed of (burial, cremation, or whatever) and you will nominate someone (the "executor") to carry out your wishes. The executor doesn't have to be someone in your family; it could be a friend or (as a last resort) a solicitor. 

In the UK it's possible to make your own will without having to pay a solicitor for it. But it's wise to get some advice (maybe online) as to how to word it and what to put in it.

If you die without having made a will there are "intestacy rules" that will dictate what happens to your possessions. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

18 hours ago, believeinHim said:

How do I be buried ?

Again I know nothing about things in the US, but suspect they are similar.

Here in England insurance companies happily take your monthly payments promising that when you die a lump sum is paid to cover the cost of your funeral. 

There are also schemes run by funeral companies where one either makes a one off payment or monthly payment to cover ones funeral.

Talk to your minister.

He will have experience of undertakers and funerals and will be able to advice you as to how your church will help with getting you burried.

As you have elderly parents, talk to them about how they are going to pay for their funerals and what sort of service do they want.

My Father took out a funeral bond and wrote out his order of service, complete with the photos he wanted printed.

When I had to sort his funeral I gave the certificate to the undertakers, told them where the body was and they sorted that. All I had to do was get the ordr of service printed, order flowers and talk to the minister.

At a time of stress it made it painless, almost.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

18 hours ago, believeinHim said:

If you are indigent, Or alone and have not a family of your own, How to go about being buried in your death ? I have not a family of my own under the age of me, Nor a husband and I have aging parents. How do I be buried ?

My wife and I have prepaid burial contracts with a funeral home where we live.  it's transferable to any other place.    You can wear a medical bracelet with instructions in case you die in some kind of emergency and don't have time to tell others.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I recall the state you live in. There are potters fields there that are no cost burials for the poor. The burial site is marked too, so folks can visit your grave, if you have family or friends that wish to visit. They are nice ones. Ive been to a few of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, Thanks other one and ayin. I do not have any friends or family outside of my parents. Thanks. I just turned 37........................... I have not shared my age anywhere else, But I just turned 37................................

Edited by believeinHim

I can probably ask my clinic to help me that as well, They will probably help me with something like that or trying to find someone who will and etc if I outlive my parents. I am not young enough anymore, And I have had such bad blood work for two decades, And Lord only knows how it was before then. ............. I am also heavily sedated and on so much stuff................ I can't treat my body like it is 25 anymore, And probably should have never treated it like it was 25 when it was 25............................. Thanks....................

I can't treat my body like it is 25 anymore and never should have treated it like it was 25 when it was 25. Is all I am saying....... :emot-LOL::emot-lwt:

But, If I don't have an agent or anybody to take the money out of savings or account to bury me, How do they do it ? I don't have anyone to bury me or take the money out of my account. How does that work ? Who do you sign a will over to if there is nothing ? I need to ask my clinic about this because the federal state run mental system is the only thing I have for me once my parents aren't here. Who takes the money out of my account and arranges for burial ?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

19 hours ago, believeinHim said:

But, If I don't have an agent or anybody to take the money out of savings or account to bury me, How do they do it ? I don't have anyone to bury me or take the money out of my account. How does that work ? Who do you sign a will over to if there is nothing ? I need to ask my clinic about this because the federal state run mental system is the only thing I have for me once my parents aren't here. Who takes the money out of my account and arranges for burial ?

Please talk to your parrents about there arrangements for there funerals and ask whether they have made a will, if they have where is it, as you don't want to hav to turn there home over inorder to find it.

There will should say who is responsible for sorting out there assets, paying any remaining bills etc and carying out there wishes written in the will.

You need to do a similar thing, take out funeral insurance, list your assets and what you want done with them in a will and apoint someone, an elder at your church or a lawyer to sort out your will etc.

You will have to have enough insurance or savings to pay both the funeral and the lawyes fees.