IGNORED

New transitional fossil from late Jurassic of Chile sheds light on the origin of modern crocodiles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,159
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Sparks said:

No so coincidentally, that's how it happens today.  Just as God said it would.  Each after their own kind.  Exactly what science observes.

As you have seen "kinds" is just a word meaning "different things."   God did not use it to describe living things specifically.    And since macroevolution has been directly observed, there's really no point in denying the fact.

Just now, Sparks said:

People have done it with dead things in cement mixer type scenarios.  They sort just like they do in the real word, when there are world-wide floods, and a lot of dead things floating, and then sinking.

If you were right, all fish-shaped organisms would have been in one stratum.  But as you now know, they exist throughout the geologic column.  Which means that there is no "hydrologic sorting" of fossils.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,163
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

If you were right, all fish-shaped organisms would have been in one stratum.  But as you now know, they exist throughout the geologic column.  Which means that there is no "hydrologic sorting" of fossils. 

The reason why the geologic column does not work in reality is that hydrologic sorting, on a world-wide scale, does not always get to gently sort because of the continued violence of waves, and tides.  A jar on your kitchen table sees total calm after you are done shaking it.

The reason clams are found on the bottom in the closed position (fossils) is that they were already on the bottom when all hell broke loose.  It's not that they evolved first, is that they were suddenly under mud and could not leave, nor open.  They are found on mountain tops, and sometimes in gardens when you till the soil.  They died that way.  Other animals might bloat due to rotting, and float around a while.  It entirely depends on where they were, and when, during the flood.

The flood itself caused the fossils.  They form under the mud.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

There are so many people like Sparks that are unswayed by evidence and expert consensus - regardless of the topic. Attempting to have a reasonable conversation with them is not worth the effort. He would probably argue with me if I said the sky was blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

There are so many people like Sparks that are unswayed by evidence and expert consensus - regardless of the topic. Attempting to have a reasonable conversation with them is not worth the effort. He would probably argue with me if I said the sky was blue.

You mean, unswayed by the lies.  So many are too aware to be conned.  Others fall for the lies.

You would be wise to question some things, occasionally.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Sparks said:

You mean, unswayed by the lies.

No, I mean what I said - evidence. For years, you have proven yourself resistant to any evidence that does not already support your preconceived notions, no matter how little you know about a topic.

7 hours ago, Sparks said:

You would be wise to question some things, occasionally.

I question science-related things on a continual basis when evidence is presented.

9 hours ago, Sparks said:

The reason why the geologic column does not work in reality is that hydrologic sorting, on a world-wide scale, does not always get to gently sort because of the continued violence of waves, and tides.  A jar on your kitchen table sees total calm after you are done shaking it.

So "hydrologic sorting" works, except that it doesn't.  Got it.   A belief that fits any evidence, fits no evidence at all.  It's just a dodge as you now see.    And since the geologic column is actually present in complete form in places around the world, there's no point in denying reality.

9 hours ago, Sparks said:

The reason clams are found on the bottom in the closed position (fossils) is that they were already on the bottom when all hell broke loose. 

Except when they are found on the tops of mountains.   Again, this is why your beliefs fail.  

Oh, and fossils are still forming today.   Scientists have found them in the process of fossilization.   You're just telling "just so" stories to explain away the problems.

9 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Attempting to have a reasonable conversation with them is not worth the effort.

For them, yes.   But as my Mom used to say, they can at least be a bad example.   Many people read these exchanges, and some of them are open to evidence.   So it's worth the effort.

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

No, I mean what I said - evidence. For years, you have proven yourself resistant to any evidence that does not already support your preconceived notions, no matter how little you know about a topic.

I question science-related things on a continual basis when evidence is presented.

Whatever.  :mellow:

I have notice you like to insult people.  Do you have something besides insults for me, or is this it?

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

So "hydrologic sorting" works, except that it doesn't.  Got it.  

Works great.  Just does not make the fake Geological Column the way the text books want it. 

Except when they are found on the tops of mountains.   Again, this is why your beliefs fail.

Clams are found in the closed position on top of mountains, because they were not mountains at the time of the flood.  The idea that the tectonic plates 'tractored' them up there is so dumb, but let me ask you, how did they all get into the closed position with that dumb theory?   Clams, 100% of the time die in the open position when they are on a lake shore, or under water unless they are flooded with mud and trapped in an event. 

Why are they found under mud, on a mountain top in the closed position?   I suggest its because of a massive world-wide flood, and God's judgement.  You might be able to find them in your own back yard.

Oh, and fossils are still forming today.   Scientists have found them in the process of fossilization.   You're just telling "just so" stories to explain away the problems.

Fossils can be made in the lab in 24 hours, and are made all the time under the right conditions.  They don't take trillions of years, like you must think.  They happen in years in nature. 

There is a famous fossil of a man's foot still in his boot.  One of a pickle in a jar.  Acorns in a bucket.  A man totally fossilized in 14 years, in his grave.  Water flowed through his grave, and fossilized him.  It takes no time to make fossils, they just have to be in the right conditions, and they will be made.

Spirit lake is filled with them due to a volcanic explosion.  There are trees in the upright position that floated down into the mud, and are fossilizing today.