• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

13 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Amen. Shaking the dust is how we stay out of arguments. The Lords servant must not be quarrelsome.

This site is an excellent place to practice the instructions we have been given. 

Agreed:amen:..... That spirit of contention, the one that stirs up arguments, causes division just jumps right in to join his buddies- spirit of anger, bitterness, resentment and of course pride.... Ahhh, not only do I shake the dust from my feet with that one but I kick rocks, run as fast as I can! Lol

It does give us pause to wonder though, is a quarresome person really the Lords servant- everyone can get into an argument from time to time( a loooong time!) Im referring to a one that turns everything into an argument, all the time.I suppose its the flesh , bondage-. the enemy going unnoticed.... If they claim to be Born Again they certainly are not feeding their spirit

Funny, reminds me of when folks say" Im a Believer 30,40 or 50 years!" Yet still taking tantrums & spitting out the baby food one offers" never get off the milk.  Recently someone said something like" oh, thank you for that, thats what I need to learn"- Of course I replied " Glory to God" but then stupidly I mentioned following Christ over 4 decades" I hoped to encourage them because they are just beginning their own journey..... Boy did that backfire, I come to find they were " Saved" 30 yrs ago!!!!!And being a contentious spirit they were highly insulted!

Until I Grew in my Relationship with God in Christ through earnestly seeking Him through His Word I was not ready for the world or contentious people or anyone really, having been raised catholic it was a long, difficult process of being debriefed of all the false doctrine- when I first picked up a KJV after being Born Again it was like reading Gods Word for the first time only now I could SEE.

I dont have the Gift of Discernment so I pray Holy Spirit Help me to Disern, Id probably always give someone the benefit of the doubt even when its pretty clear they are not Receiving/ Receptive so I cant count on me( lol) nor would I want to- that always gets me in a pickle so I'll continue to pray the Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus all the days of my life❤

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  2

…whilst examining ourselves, we could also check for self love, ‘lover of self’ tendencies…

what is our favourite subject? Is it ourselves? What do we like to talk about the most? Is it ourselves?

Granted,  We can all be narcissistic to some degree, however, self control is certainly needed here…

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Its a simple thing, perhaps to mention. Perhaps even too obvious. For those who are truly in Christ, He is faithful to work in us and to keep us. When needed, He chastises us, corrects us. So that over time we decrease so He increases.

We recognize that the earthen vessel is always there and recognize that Christ is also.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The point that Kwik made is important for us all. That is recognizing when and where to speak up and then how to do so under the leadership of Christ. Not all should be teachers, but all should allow Light to shine.

Indeed, this is a text based environment…is not Christ still to be the Head?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 3

2 minutes ago, B-B said:

…whilst examining ourselves, we could also check for self love, ‘lover of self’ tendencies…

what is our favourite subject? Is it ourselves? What do we like to talk about the most? Is it ourselves?

Granted,  We can all be narcissistic to some degree, however, self control is certainly needed here…

Fruit of the Spirit( self control) .... A beautiful fruit indeed!

Praise Jesus

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

No one should think shaking the dust means we don’t speak truth or object to false doctrine.

Say what you have to say drop the mic. Say what you have to say drop the mic. 

Many are reading and they will decide who they agree with. Going back and forth for 10-20 pages shows?

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

The point that Kwik made is important for us all. That is recognizing when and where to speak up and then how to do so under the leadership of Christ. Not all should be teachers, but all should allow Light to shine.

Indeed, this is a text based environment…is not Christ still to be the Head?

Precisely:amen: There are numerous times with much zeal thoughts of response race through my mind as I sometimes must work to take captive.... We must subject them all to the obedience of Christ Authority

Christ, our Head....:amen:

• Thumbs Up 2