• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Nebula

I let it go, you should do the same. I have my interpretation you have yours.

You know my stance on this issue.

If it's such a big deal for you to win this debate, than ok....you're the winner. :wub:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just don't understand the mentality of interpreting the Scripture as if it was written apart from the time and culture to which the original words were given. :wub:

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

quote from Dad Ernie: 

"The Kingdom of God will have received its "fulness" of gentiles and then the only ones whose ears shall be opened to "hear the gospel" will be the Jews..."

Can you explain what you mean by this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings Fiosh,

This takes some understanding of Romans 9-11 and Ephesians 1-3.

In Romans 9, Paul laments that his "brothers in the flesh", that is the Jews rejected Christ and that he longs to see their salvation.

In Romans 10, we see Paul telling us HOW the Jews (as all are) are saved - by the preaching and hearing of the Gospel.

In Romans 11, we see Paul explaining that God has NOT given up on the Jews, but for the sake of their Forefathers, they remain beloved. It goes on to say that in the last days AFTER the gospel to the gentiles are complete and the Kingdom has received its fulness of gentiles, THEN will the Gospel be turned again to the Jews and their hearts shall be opened to receive the Gospel. You might want to read and consider Deut 4:26-31 where it is shown that Israel shall be saved in the last days in times of trouble.

Then we see in Eph 1-3 that Christ is building a church composed of both Jew and Gentile, but because of Romans 9-11, we may know that this church which is also considered the bride of Christ, won't be ready to receive Him UNTIL the WHOLE body of both Jew and Gentile are united in one body. It will be up to the gentile saints to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Jews during those dark days.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I just don't understand the mentality of interpreting the Scripture as if it was written apart from the time and culture to which the original words were given. :21:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying that the scriptures weren't meant for our time and culture? :wub:

Guest shiloh357
I just don't understand the mentality of interpreting the Scripture as if it was written apart from the time and culture to which the original words were given. :21:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying that the scriptures weren't meant for our time and culture? :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, but there are cultural peculiarities, when understood shed much needed light on our understanding. Studying the Bible is as much an intellectual discipline as it is a spiritual one.

Some of the so-called discrepancies that skeptics cite, are a product of a lack of knowledge of the cultural particulars inherent in certain parts of the Bible. I wont get into all of it here, but there are times with obscure hard to understand passages, can be made clearer to us, and in some cases, even spill over into other parts of the Bible where we might find a parallel passage dealing with the same issue. Many of the teachings are interconnected. One nugget of truth might open all kinds of doors to understanding!

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we are caught in that luke warm state on judgment day, I believe we lose our salvation. If in fact we were saved to begin with. His vomit ref. makes that clear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>