IGNORED

Who posted it ? I don't know if I liked it, reacted to it, Or commented on it. "No one knows the timing of Jesus' return." Worded way wiser.

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

Where is it and who posted it ? I don't know if I liked it, Reacted to it, Or commented on it. The verses in which, "No one knows the timing of Jesus' return."

Whether you are pre~trib, post~trib, or whatever the the other tribs are, One can not refute the verses about no one knowing when Jesus will return. Where is that post and who posted it ? {It's probably still here somewhere, I just have to sift through all of my posts to find out}. :taped:

It's probably still here, I just have to sift through all of my posts to find out, And if all I did was react to it and I did not comment on it, I will not be able to find it. Perhaps, Maybe, We could get a list of all of the things we have reacted to ? Mmmmmm, Or maybe neigh on that one. Where is it, though ? :taped::exclaimation: Copying and pasting, Even though I gripe, Mark 13:32-33,

Bible Verse: Mark 13:32-33 (NKJV) “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.”
Edited by believeinHim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Go to your profile and look at "activity". You will see everything you posted and reacted to. That is one way to find a thread you interacted with.

It doesn't show everything you reacted to, But didn't comment on. It only goes so far for the reactions. Unless I am missing a page, I do not see a reaction area of the profile for reactions only.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Check out the picture below.  On your profile page, look for what is circled in red.

SeeMyActivity.png.b7546c04bcdd8913e479ebd249f98212.png

It doesn't exactly look like that on my end, But I did find it. Thank you, OneLight.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

9 hours ago, believeinHim said:

Whether you are pre~trib, post~trib, or whatever the the other tribs are, One can not refute the verses about no one knowing when Jesus will return. Where is that post and who posted it ? {It's probably still here somewhere, I just have to sift through all of my posts to find out}. :taped:

I don't know the post you are talking about, but that verse should not be taken to say that we are clueless.

Jesus did not know the day nor the hour, is what it said, as I recall. That does not mean that no one would ever know. Jesus had limitations while living as man on earth. Day or hour, might not be the same as decade or century. Being in the present tense, it was true 2000 years ago, does that mean that still does not know, and never will, even though He is with that Father now? Does it mean that God would not later, inspire writers to give more details than we given in the Old Testament?

There are so many passages in the Bible about the events to come, inluding His return, are we to assume that we are to ignore them, or are they there for us to learn from? While certainly no date of His return is given, He Himself gave a lot of details of the sequence of events that would come to pass, precisely so beleivers would not be deceived and that they would know when His appearing would be imminent. The most obvious one of those things, in terms of what to be watching for is:

15“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, 18and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 19And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 20Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. 21For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. 

followed by:

29“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

That is the context that preceded the verse you are referring to:

36“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,b but the Father only. 

Then of course it goes on to talk about it being like the days of Noah, etc. but the point is, that whole passage is all about the signs of the end to be watching for, and the sequence of events to come, so it is a bit inappropriated to latch on to one verse about Jesus being in the dark 2000 years ago, as meaning that we have no way of knowing, that whole chapter is about knowing quite a lot.

So yeah, we cannot refute that Jesus did not know, but that is not the same as saying that no one will ever know!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

70x7.jpg.632bfd2597c284a74f7b7fc97b716987.jpg

Jesus will return on day 2520 of the 70th Week of Daniel. 1290 days after the Temple sacrifice is abated. At the end of the Great Tribulation.

Which no one (save the Father) knows precisely will take place.

We will have an idea of the season it will take place in... not even knowing when the 70th Week actually begins until the abatement of the sacrifices

1230 days into the 70th Week.

Perhaps you refer to this post?