Struggling with believing God's goodness

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Days Won:  15

God is Good irrespective of how we feel about his Goodness.

Can man judge God?

To quote Job, “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?” (Job 38:4) 

When will we let God be God and stop questioning his goodness, his plan, and ways which are “higher than your ways.” (Isaiah 55:9)? 

Sometimes I feel we lack proper reverence, He is God and Superior in every-way, for example He created you!, and yet people try to put Him on trial when we all see through “a glass dimly/darkly,” (1 Corinthians 13:12)?

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,951
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When we understand God eternal intentions in the Garden of Eden  >AND< and how we messed that up... isn't it right we should drink the cup of our doing?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,330
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Daniel 8:10 "It grew as high as the host of heaven, and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the earth, and trampled them."  It is interesting that Sagan and Tyson tells us that we are star stuff. We are made up of the elements created in a star. God showed me in a dream when I was very young that the universe or cosmos is expanding but a time will come when He will bring it all back together again. 

We are told that one third will be saved: "8 And in all the land, declares the LORD, two-thirds will be cut off and perish, but a third will be left in it. 9 This third I will bring through the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are My people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’ " Zechariah 13:8

One third of those 'alive and in the flesh' at that time?  Or, 1/3 of all who ever were?

15 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

When will we let God be God and stop questioning his goodness, his plan, and ways which are “higher than your ways.” (Isaiah 55:9)? 

We all  start somewhere.  Feed my lambs....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  245
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 7/5/2022 at 10:58 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Like the title says. I wonder bc God allows alot of stuff to happen. 

He allowed you and all to happen. We are all in the same boat so to speak, the good and the bad. Bad stuff is the result of sin and none are good except God. There is hope for all through Christ Jesus who can and will take away all the bad stuff. Have faith be patient because the goodness is coming.

15 hours ago, enoob57 said:

When we understand God eternal intentions in the Garden of Eden  >AND< and how we messed that up... isn't it right we should drink the cup of our doing?

I think the only cup we need to drink concerning sin is that of our death in Christ.

Luk_22:20  Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Rom 6:6  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 
Rom 6:7  For he that is dead is freed from sin. 
Rom 6:8  Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Drinking the cup of Christ delivers us from sin and judgment. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,951
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Cntrysner said:

I think the only cup we need to drink concerning sin is that of our death in Christ.

Luk_22:20  Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Rom 6:6  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 
Rom 6:7  For he that is dead is freed from sin. 
Rom 6:8  Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Drinking the cup of Christ delivers us from sin and judgment. 

but not the flesh it is to be considered dead... and the curse is upon that which is not redeemed... thus the world and that of flesh suffers but for the born of God the s/Spirit rejoices in that we have a home in the new heaven and new earth where sin has never been nor considered...

28 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

but not the flesh it is to be considered dead... and the curse is upon that which is not redeemed... thus the world and that of flesh suffers but for the born of God the s/Spirit rejoices in that we have a home in the new heaven and new earth where sin has never been nor considered...

Well said, knowing we at this moment are not of the flesh and by the circumcision of Christ we are a new creature with a deweling place far above all heavens as to say not of this earth.

Joh 15:19  If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 
Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 

Edited by Cntrysner

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

I get the feeling that maybe the real question the OP was asking was more to do with WHY God chooses to not answer many of our prayers or so it seems? Even ones that are very innocent and sincere, such as delivering someone from a situation or place in life where they are suffering, and seem to be accomplishing nothing by being there. That's a tough one for sure...and i can't really say myself other than God is always on time, even if it seems too late in our timing. At least that's what i've always heard many preachers saying, and i personally never liked that excuse myself because it's almost like a copout because they couldnt come up with a better answer. Well neither can i so i can't criticize anyone for that or for whatever similar comments about this that anyone shares.

And this also might sound like a bit of a copout, but when we do get to heaven then that's when ALL of these kinds of questions will be answered...it's just the fact that you may be hurting very badly right NOW! But unlike many of those who came before us, we do have many modern resources where we can even find almost instant help in some cases...as long as they are able, or even imterested in helping, and i have run into both situations with some Christian ministries/organizations. But there are still very many good ones out there.

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

We have a place in THIS heaven also, a big thank you to the work of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  

30 minutes ago, CaptWalker said:

I get the feeling that maybe the real question the OP was asking was more to do with WHY God chooses to not answer many of our prayers or so it seems? Even ones that are very innocent and sincere, such as delivering someone from a situation or place in life where they are suffering, and seem to be accomplishing nothing by being there. That's a tough one for sure...and i can't really say myself other than God is always on time, even if it seems too late in our timing. At least that's what i've always heard many preachers saying, and i personally never liked that excuse myself because it's almost like a copout because they couldnt come up with a better answer. Well neither can i so i can't criticize anyone for that or for whatever similar comments about this that anyone shares.

And this also might sound like a bit of a copout, but when we do get to heaven then that's when ALL of these kinds of questions will be answered...it's just the fact that you may be hurting very badly right NOW! But unlike many of those who came before us, we do have many modern resources where we can even find almost instant help in some cases...as long as they are able, or even imterested in helping, and i have run into both situations with some Christian ministries/organizations. But there are still very many good ones out there.

Instead of erasing again and again, I am just going to say it this time,  I think the problem is in a persons lack of knowledge.  If we don't ask for forgiveness of our sins in the name of the Lord Jesus and pray in His will, He doesn't hear the prayer.   OR maybe everyone already knows this,  and I am wrong, which would be EXCELLENT.  

I understand that we are all sinners but when we come to God to ask of Him, repenting of our sin, as far as I believe, is a must.  God answers my prayers, unless that shiny fast car is really just a nest of rattlesnakes that I am unaware of, and then no, those prayers aren't answered...

John 9:30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

John 9:32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

John 9:33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

Psalm 66:17 I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.

Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

Psalm 109:2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.

Psalm 109:3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.

Psalm 109:4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

Psalm 109:5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

Psalm 109:6 Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

Psalm 109:7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.