laughing at the bible

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

The bible  is full of pertinent  messages  and important accounts which we can model our lives after.

However, its full of funny accounts and stories which  have a bit of humour in them. Have you found anything in scripture which you find humourous?

Pharisees vs Jesus 1 ; Matthew 12. Jesus  removes a demon from a man who was deaf and mute. The Pharisees accuse him of doing it by Satans power. Jesus pretty much points out that -Why would Beelzebub give me power to cast out his own demons. A kingdom divided against itself cant stand.

In Exodus 32 -When Moses confronted Aaron about the making of the golden calf- Aaron claims he put the gold in the furnace and the calf popped out. Yes... a fully formed calf pops right out of the melted gold.

2 Samuel 1

When Saul killed himself, one of his soldiers looted his body and brought the crown to David lying that he was an Amalekite who mercy killed him (possibly hoping for a reward). David instead got mad and had him killed for killing Gods annointed.

Lesson :Dont tell lies

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

Ananias and Safira were killed by Peter's rebuttal on their lies, shoul Peter spare them they would not die that horribly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  440
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,243
  • Content Per Day:  2.07

Ah, This is a good task at hand. Find something humoruous to poke fun at in the Bible. :DThank you for the task, Creative Mechanic. :DPosting to save in my saves. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jayne said:

One thing that almost makes me smile because it's so ridiculous is Balaam, the wicked prophet for hire.

He's such a horrible person [not funny], tells King Balak how to reach the Israelites with vile sexual immorality [not funny],  and is listed in Jude as an example of who NOT to be [not funny].

But what makes me shake my head with a slight grin is when he is traveling on his donkey and the donkey sees the angel sent to slay Balaam and the donkey tries to get away from him, and Balaam can't see it and just start BEATING the donkey to pieces, and God makes the poor donkey talk and say...

..."What have I done to make you beat me these three times?"

Balaam is SOOOO MAAADDD that he can't wrap his mind around a talking donkey and he just TALKS BACK!

...“You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

The donkey keeps talking, "Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

Balaam says, "No!!"  He STILL HAS NOT NOTICED that the donkey is talking  like a human!  He is THAT mad!!!!!

How ludicrous!  How arrogant and self-puffed up!!  What a moron!

:24:

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jayne said:

One thing that almost makes me smile because it's so ridiculous is Balaam, the wicked prophet for hire.

He's such a horrible person [not funny], tells King Balak how to reach the Israelites with vile sexual immorality [not funny],  and is listed in Jude as an example of who NOT to be [not funny].

But what makes me shake my head with a slight grin is when he is traveling on his donkey and the donkey sees the angel sent to slay Balaam and the donkey tries to get away from him, and Balaam can't see it and just start BEATING the donkey to pieces, and God makes the poor donkey talk and say...

..."What have I done to make you beat me these three times?"

Balaam is SOOOO MAAADDD that he can't wrap his mind around a talking donkey and he just TALKS BACK!

...“You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

The donkey keeps talking, "Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

Balaam says, "No!!"  He STILL HAS NOT NOTICED that the donkey is talking  like a human!  He is THAT mad!!!!!

How ludicrous!  How arrogant and self-puffed up!!  What a moron!

:emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

55 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Ananias and Safira were killed by Peter's rebuttal on their lies, shoul Peter spare them they would not die that horribly.

what?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

43 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

what?

Acts 5

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,700
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

How about God created Eve after Adam and said it is not good for man to be alone - I will make him a helper!

After Eve ate the apple, God kicked them both out of Eden and told Adam to marry her.... (this is not going to go over  well with the women in this group).. But it is in the scriptures.... I didn't say it...

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Have you found anything in scripture which you find humourous?

When Jacob crosses his hands to bless Joseph's sons.

Edited by Abrielle
added quote