• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

I agree. Im against abortion but no 10yr old at that age should be carrying a child to term. At this point alot of people seem to want to win an argument then look at the big picture. Sometimes abortions are needed.

Agreed.

I have trouble with that too. Like i said its more of people wanting to win am argument. A lot of people don't want to put in the work to actually make a difference. They'll say well theres plenty of charities and pregnancy crisis centers but its still not enough. I truly feel if you believe the life of unborn children and children period is valuable you'll put your money where your mouth is. Its not enough to say well someone else is doing it-- no you do something to because with the influx of children coming alot of help will be needed. Thats why when a coworker told me about her possibly being pregnant I told her I have clothes, diapers, a carrier..anything she needs bc Its hard. It takes help..it takes a village not lazy feel good one liners. It takes actual help. That part many arent willing to do.

No they didn't but I understand not wanting to be traumatized further. What if the victim was your wife? Would you be okay raising and loving a child that isnt yours but conceived in this manner? Im not for abortion i just feel some situations may require it.

If the victim was my wife? Yes I'd be ok with raising that child. Your question is ridiculous. Because life matters. It's not the child's fault how father is worthless scum and I'm not going to punish the child because of the actions of the father.

Furthermore my wife would likely kill me if I suggested aborting it as her feelings on the matter are far stronger then mine.

And there is zero situations that really require it. One could argue medical, but there's only one these days that truly fits that bill, and that's an ectopic pregnancy, and it's not a viable pregnancy anyway, the child will die regardless of what you do and If you do nothing the mother will to.

In the case of rape...trauma is not a good enough reason.

Even in the case of a 10 year old. You say no 10 year old should have to...well no woman should be raped. In a perfect world rape wouldn't happen. But we don't live in a perfect world, it does happen, and you don't resolve a bad thing with another bad thing. Rape doesn't justify murder. At least not the murder of a innocent child.

Now if the rapist got caught in the act by an able bodied adult....now that's a different story altogether.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, The_Patriot21 said:

In the case of rape...trauma is not a good enough reason.

What are your beliefs if the rape victim is a 10 year old girl, as has been mentioned previously in this thread?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

22 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

What are your beliefs if the rape victim is a 10 year old girl, as has been mentioned previously in this thread?

I actually answered that in my reply to figure of eighty, had you read the entire thing. Abortion is murder...and while in the rare case a 10 year old is even capable of pregnancy (vast majority are not) but in the rare case the child started puberty early, and became pregnant, then yes it's still murder.

Should the child have to carry the baby? No but the child shouldn't have been raped, either. You don't make a bad situation worse by making a bad decision. The mother may not have had any choice in how the baby was conceived but she does have a choice what to do after.

Especially since there's other options. If the child was raised in a good home, them the baby could be adopted by her parents as a sibling, and that has been done. The child could also be adopted out to complete strangers.

People who seem set that mothers in this scenario only have 2 options -raise the child themselves or abort it, and that is entirely false.  There are always more options. 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

I actually answered that in my reply to figure of eighty, had you read the entire thing. Abortion is murder.

My apologies, I had not read thoroughly enough.

You believe that a 10 year old rape victim should be forced to carry the baby, even though her body would likely not be physically mature enough to handle the rigors of a pregnancy. Do you also believe that the 10 year old that did get the abortion should be found guilty of murder in court?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/15/2022 at 12:32 AM, R. Hartono said:

In 2 Samuel 12:10-14 God killed David's child because David abused his power as a king to own and have pleasure with Uriah's wife that became pregnant.

It happened here that a woman was gangbang and then got pregnant with severe mental condition, she was treated at an Asylum. Im not going to tell you what happened then to her.

Does a raped victim have rights to protect her body from containing the seed of monsters ?

Terrible tragedy!

What makes it all the more tragic is that the seed is half hers.

Rape is far more terrible than most even realize.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I have a Rutger's educated sister-in-law who has been an ObGyn for decades.

She lost out on job opportunities (and I suspect was even fired) for refusing to

perform abortions. She is a pillar!!!

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

My children have caused me innumerable inconviences, yet at no time have I contemplated killing them. 2 wrongs do not make it right.

Same. I kept my kids. Kids are hard but if you put yourself in thr situation to have kids then you need to own up and take responsibility and I might maybe 80% of the people that want abortions  do it for selfish reasons . They dont want to be inconvenienced and want to continue leading their life. This is the majority of prochoicers. They just hide behind the assault victims and put them at the front of their movement.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

12 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

My apologies, I had not read thoroughly enough.

You believe that a 10 year old rape victim should be forced to carry the baby, even though her body would likely not be physically mature enough to handle the rigors of a pregnancy. Do you also believe that the 10 year old that did get the abortion should be found guilty of murder in court?

Name an example where a 10 year old couldn't carry the child to term.  I have yet to hear of an example of a 10 year old dying in pregnancy. I have heard an example of a 9 year old who carried almost to term and delivered via C-section because the doctors were worried the child couldn't handle to actual birthing process, but the actual pregnancy the girl had zero issues with. The parents adopted the child and raised it as a little sibling, it's father was a now imprisoned uncle.

And C-sections in this day in age aren't a big deal. Many mother's choose C-sections out of convenience. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing, don't you agree?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Name an example where a 10 year old couldn't carry the child to term. 

Please answer my question first. I will address that issue afterward.

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

Do you also believe that the 10 year old that did get the abortion should be found guilty of murder in court?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Unlike someone who just quoted me, I don't believe that "sometimes abortions are necessary."  I don't believe them to be necessary at all.

What I do find necessary is for Christians to go FAR beyond the anti-abortion mantra and do the very hard work of actually being pro-life - all the way.

I've asked a question two times on this thread and gotten no response.  Crickets chirping.

I'll ask a third time.

Let's say it's your 9 year old daughter, 16 year old neice, 27 year old sister, or 48 year old mother.  

And she is raped.  

And discovering that she is pregnant, she is a hot mess.  Traumatized at carrying a rapist's child.  Mentally undone and a wreck, refusing to carry the child.

What does the Christian family member do?  How you treat her will tell you if you are truly pro-life or not or just anti-abortion.

You can say all day that, "well, the baby didn't do anything wrong" and that is TRUE, but WHAT DO YOU DO with your raped famiy member?  How treat them BOTH, the unborn and the raped child or teen or grown woman speaks volumes as to your beliefs.

What  do we do with the traumazed female who is refusing to carry the baby of the man who raped her?

Personally, I would like to see the baby have a chance to be born.

It's  a question that needs to be answered.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thanks 1