• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, JimmyB said:

Tell me, what is it like living in the first century? 

I going with my conscious. If I do it your way I will feel guilty.

• Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The original translation was don’t let pythonesses teach.

I believe it is okay for women to spiritually guide other women and children, but not men. I have to go with my conscious and my heart 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Other verses that say women can teach: 

He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him and explained to him the way of God more accurately.” (Acts 18:26) You always listed the teacher first back then, and it was Pricilla, the wife listed first, she was the teacher. 

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.” (Titus 2:1-5) Notice it says they should “teach what is good” (verse 3), when the verses in 1 Corinthians 14:34 and 1 Timothy 2:12 forbids women to teach at all; which proves Paul was only forbidding teaching in certain churches, likely due to pythonesses and oracles who wanted to keep their trade and control under guise of the church; like how pagan priests became church priests under Constantine to keep their position, power, and money. 

“Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.” (Philippians  4:3)

He had four unmarried daughters, who prophesied.” (Acts 21:9) Prophets teach, they are given words from God. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

In certain places women will continue to preach to men, and certain places will continue to not allow women to preach to men. 

It seems no matter what, other options are always available and all we have to do is pick what we agree with. 

I don’t really understand why people bother with these types of discussions.

Its like, you read about a situation in the Bible, the spirit guides you into truth and understanding, then you have the option to go out into the world and do the complete opposite.

For me, I do what my heart tells me is right. I believe if our hearts tell us we are right, and our intentions are pure, then God will make us right.

• Well Said! 1

Another question to ask, if say on island or in a remote town the only person who knows Jesus, The Gospel, and Sound Doctrine is a woman, is she to keep silent and so let souls perish for lack of preaching?, “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?” (Romans 10:14)

3 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

say on island

If I were on a remote island and I was the only one who knew the gospel I would teach it and I would be looking for a man to eventually take over.

When I am in a place with thousands of men teaching the word of God I would not teach men, only women and children.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  20

For congregational teaching of the scriptures I would have to say no.  Men are put in authority by the Lord to be the spiritual leaders of the church congregation and they are put in authority to be spiritual leaders of their home.  If these men are in proper alignment with the Holy Spirit they are doing and teaching what the Spirit of God tells them to teach the entire congregation and also their immediate family.

The Father made Adam first so that tells me that man is in first place over a woman.  If he is walking with God he rightly holds this place.  If he is not walking with God then the woman takes the spiritual teaching upon herself especially in the family.  I do not believe there is any need for a woman to take on congregational teaching if there are Godly men who are teachers in the congregation.  A word of knowledge.  A song of praise.  A prophesy.  These are not congregational teachings of scripture.  These are moves of the Holy Spirit for the edification of the entire congregation. The Holy Spirit uses whom he may.

As a woman I am teaching in the way the Spirit leads me.  I teach my children and my grandchildren.  I teach my friends.  I teach those the Lord brings into my life.  I not only teach in the word of God but I teach in example.  I do my best to be submissive to my husband but he allows me to speak and teach in our marriage.  He knows my intellectual level is higher than his and says that is one of the reasons he married me 4o years ago.  I help him learn and understand in certain ways.  I am a communicator and he is not.  We balance each other out.  He keeps me grounded with wisdom and patience when I get all emotional as women tend to do.

Ecclesiastes tells us there is a time for everything.  A time to keep silence, And a time to speak. 

I still have much to learn and I still have much to say and I appreciate all of the Godly men who have helped me along the way!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

In certain places women will continue to preach to men, and certain places will continue to not allow women to preach to men. 

It seems no matter what, other options are always available and all we have to do is pick what we agree with. 

I don’t really understand why people bother with these types of discussions.

Its like, you read about a situation in the Bible, the spirit guides you into truth and understanding, then you have the option to go out into the world and do the complete opposite.

For me, I do what my heart tells me is right. I believe if our hearts tell us we are right, and our intentions are pure, then God will make us right.

If this is how He leads you in this matter then absolutely you should obey. To go against that is a sin.

You dont need to justify your understanding to anyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Hopefully said:

If I were on a remote island and I was the only one who knew the gospel I would teach it and I would be looking for a man to eventually take over.

When I am in a place with thousands of men teaching the word of God I would not teach men, only women and children.

Well we all have our convictions. I respect your conscious on this matter, but mine differs towards an egalitarian view of teaching & teachers in the church.  

I  look at Joyce Meyer, she has the teaching gift and her husband Dave prefers to plan the events, administrate from behind the scenes, and when he is in spotlight he is shy and doesn’t care for it. 

They to me are modern day Priscilla and Aquila. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I  look at Joyce Meyer, she has the teaching gift and her husband Dave prefers to plan the events, administrate from behind the scenes, and when he is in spotlight he is shy and doesn’t care for it. 

They to me are modern day Priscilla and Aquila. 

Joyce has said, she is not a sinner. She has said that anyone who does not believe that Jesus went to Hell cannot be saved. She has said that when Jesus becames sin, He stopped being the Son of God. She has said that Jesus was born again. She had a version of the prosperity gospel, though I think she has repented of that.

Regardless of the topic of the OP, I would say that Mrs. Meyers has been outside of orthodoxy enough to say that she has disqualified herself as a teacher, if her discernment is no better than that. She is not a modern Priscilla, in my opinion.

• Thanks 1