• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, tim_from_pa said:

Alchemy is considered occult now, but in his day Sir Isaac Newton was trying to achieve by CHEMICAL means what we need to do by NUCLEAR means.  He did not understand that then, but given the knowledge back then he did not do a bad job.  If he was alive today, he'd have no problem with keeping up with Einstein's mathematics, Nicola Tesla, and Stephen Hawking.  I cut the guy a break and consider him a genius. I esteem him highly.

Yes he was into the Jewish book of the occult Kabbalah and Occultic Rosicrucianism also that you have disregarded to mention

He was president of the UK royal society in 1717, noted to be the time occultic freemasonry coming out of secrecy

I don't highly esteem Sir Isaac Newton the occultist, my opinion

Yes he was a brilliant man in the worlds eyes, but fell short in my opinion of God's eyes

Jesus Is The Lord

Edited by truth7t7
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.32

59 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

- Revelation 13:18 (KJV)

———

666, in my studied opinion, is a set time when Satan comes to the earth as the ANTICHRIST.

666 = the 6th seal, the 6th trump, and the 6th vial.

First off, the Seals are the knowledge put “in your forehead” of what occurs in the trumps and vials.  So let’s see what the 6th seal reveals:

And I beheld when He had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

- Revelation 6:12-13 (KJV)

Now we know that Satan (the antichrist) comes before Jesus (Satan comes at the sixth trump; Jesus comes at the 7th trump).  So then, here we can see that Satan is mimicking the true Christ's return.  So we are given the knowledge that Satan comes before Jesus.

Let's move on to the sixth trump. When a trump sounds, it indicates that it is time to take action.

And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

- Revelation 9:13-15 (KJV)

The Euphrates is related to the judgments of the great Day (Jer. 46:10). These four angels are fallen angels who accompany Satan. 

And now on to the sixth vial.

And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

- Revelation 16:12-14 (KJV)

Here again the river Euphrates is mentioned when the kings of the east gather together in a place called Armageddon.
 ———
 So, in a nutshell, 666 comprises the:

6th SEAL = the knowledge that Satan comes before the true Christ.

6th TRUMP = four angels loosed, and Satan as Antichrist is here with his fallen angels.

6th VIAL = vial poured out on the Euphrates, kings gathered at Armageddon to battle at that great Day of God Almighty.

———
in Christ, Selah

It is true that there is much symbolism in the Bible and especially in Revelation. So the number 666 might have symbolism. But if we take what is said in Revelation 13:17-18 and then give it other meanings that mean something else, are we not in danger. Revelation is the one book that carries a threat if we add or subtract.

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Here is what it is.

1. "The number of THE Beast" (v.17)
  2. "The number of a MAN" (v.18)
  3. "The number of his NAME" (v.17)

These three facts put together make 666 very specific. It is connected alone with a ONE particular MAN. Maybe, because man was made on the SIXTH day, we could give him the number 6. Maybe, because man was the SIXTH of the living creatures we could give him the number 6 again. And maybe it is only men that are cursed to work and sweat 6 days in God's wisdom, that we could again add a 6. That would also explain this man being designated 666. But I think that Revelation is about the REVEALING of Christ the NEW king of the earth. And in such a narrative we cannot avoid identifying His OPPONENT. There is only ONE MAN who fulfills all the facts.

1. He is from the "sea". The "sea" in parables and prophecy is the Nations. Thus, he is a GENTILE
  2. He is from the "abyss". He is a dead man resurrected
  3. He was wounded to death and lives. He is a man resurrected
  4. He is supported by a city of seven hills - He must be a  Roman
  5. He is "a prince of the people who destroyed the Temple in 70 AD" - a Roman
  6. He is one of seven kings of John's time - a Caesar
  7. He is one of five of John's time who have died already - a Caesar
  8. He is the eighth - eight is the number of resurrection - a resurrected Caesar
  9. His number must be found by scripture - Bible numerics.

There is only ONE MAN who fist all of the above including the numerical values of both Hebrew and Greek - CAESAR NERO

I am aware that the numerics are controversial.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

30 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

Yes he was into the Jewish book often occult Kabbalah and Occultic Rosicrucianism also that you have disregarded to mention

He was president of the UK royal society in 1717, noted to be the time occultic freemasonry coming out of secrecy

I don't highly esteem Sir Isaac Newton the occultist, my opinion

Yes he was a brilliant man in the worlds eyes, but fell short in my opinion of God's eyes

Jesus Is The Lord

I thumbs up for your view despite my liking of the man.  Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,093
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 7/21/2022 at 3:48 PM, Selah7 said:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

- Revelation 13:18 (KJV)

———

666, in my studied opinion, is a set time when Satan comes to the earth as the ANTICHRIST.

666 = the 6th seal, the 6th trump, and the 6th vial.

First off, the Seals are the knowledge put “in your forehead” of what occurs in the trumps and vials.  So let’s see what the 6th seal reveals:

And I beheld when He had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

- Revelation 6:12-13 (KJV)

Now we know that Satan (the antichrist) comes before Jesus (Satan comes at the sixth trump; Jesus comes at the 7th trump).  So then, here we can see that Satan is mimicking the true Christ's return.  So we are given the knowledge that Satan comes before Jesus.

Let's move on to the sixth trump. When a trump sounds, it indicates that it is time to take action.

And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

- Revelation 9:13-15 (KJV)

The Euphrates is related to the judgments of the great Day (Jer. 46:10). These four angels are fallen angels who accompany Satan. 

And now on to the sixth vial.

And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

- Revelation 16:12-14 (KJV)

Here again the river Euphrates is mentioned when the kings of the east gather together in a place called Armageddon.
 ———
 So, in a nutshell, 666 comprises the:

6th SEAL = the knowledge that Satan comes before the true Christ.

6th TRUMP = four angels loosed, and Satan as Antichrist is here with his fallen angels.

6th VIAL = vial poured out on the Euphrates, kings gathered at Armageddon to battle at that great Day of God Almighty.

———
in Christ, Selah

Out of all that sister, there is one thing you sorta got correct, but I don't even think you came to ta conclusion for the right reason. Yes, the Seals are indeed NOT REAL TIME EVENTS, they are Jesus with a (THINK SIMPLE HERE) Scroll of Judgments, like the one below, he must open all the Seals to read the Judgments, just like a king who is sent a letter with 3 seals on it could not read the letter until all three seals were taken off. Its that simple.

1735218970_blogger-image-1005260629(1).jpg.e80bcb062e22340e40aaa309fd49e725.jpg

So, Jesus takes one Seal off in Heaven, amidst the Raptured Church and Prophesies what will come when the Scroll/book of Seals is finally opened, via the coming Day of the Lord which begins in Rev. 8 with the first four Trumpet Judgments (which are all the same event, an Asteroid Strike). The first 5 Seals are all actions that the coming Anti-Christ will take, as soon as the 7th Seal is loosed and the Judgment Scroll is thus opened, that is why Seal #7 is over on Rev. 8 and not in Rev. 6.

Seal 1, 2, 3 and 4 are the Four Horses. Jesus thus "Prophesies" that the Anti-Christ will soon go forth Conquering for a period of 42 months via the White Horse, which always means a Conqueror, see Rev. 19, Jesus rides a White Horse to conquer the Beast, its symbolism. Likewise, with the 2nd Seal Jesus prophesies that this same man takes peace from the earth for 42 months via the Red [War] Horse. Then Jesus Prophesies of a coming 42 month Famine cause by the Anti-Christs wars (Black Horse), then he Prophesies that a Pale Green Horse will bring 42 months of Death, Disease and Hades/the Grave. Jesus does all this mere weeks or days before the middle of the week, Day of the Lord arrives, we know this because we see the Jews Fleeing Judea in Rev. 7 (the 144,000 are 5 million Jews who repent fleeing Judea as they see the AoD at the 1290, which is 30 days before the 1260 Middle of the Week or coming DOTL events.)

Seal # 5 is Jesus Prophesying what the Anti-Christ will do to the Gentile Remnant Church (those saved after the Rapture of The Church which is now in Heaven, amidst Jesus as he reads these Prophesies aloud) and they re told they can not get vengeance until all of their brothers have been killed in like manner as they have, thus that means they can not get vengeance until the Anti-Christs 42 month rule of terror is over with, thus these are only judged as we see in Rev. 20:4, AFTER Jesus' Second Coming, Amen. So, this simply infers that the Remnant Church will be Martyred by the Anti-Christ over a 42 month period of time. Meanwhile, the Jews are protected, because Jesus has to have a Kingdom in Israel in order to sit on David's Throne for 1000 years.

Seal #6 is THE REAL DEAL, it is God's Coming Wrath, and as Jesus opens the 6th Seal he prophesies about the coming Asteroid Impact in Rev. 8 which brings world wide chaos and Judgment on evil mankind. So, as we can clearly see, the Anti-Christ waits until the Asteroid hits earth, then amidst that chaos he goes forth conquering !! He uses this as a cover, whilst 1/3 of the world is burning. I see it as the whole New World, both North and South America make up 1/3 of the total Landmass on Earth, and the Pacific Ocean makes up 1/3 of the water on this earth, so this Asteroid hits just off the California/Mexico Coastline, in the Ocean. This also wipe out the United States, which makes his job much easier, seeing as Russia, Turkey and Iran's armies get wiped out in the Gog and Magog war by God Himself, thus this man (E.U. President) is free to go forth conquering Israel and the whole Mediterranean Sea Region.

We then see in Rev. 7 the Jews Fleeing Judea, 144,000 is 12(Fulness) x 12 x 10 (Completion) x 10 x 10 = 144,000 or ALL Israel who repents. Just like the 7000 men God had saved for Himself comes out to the exact same meaning as in 7 (Divine Completion) x 10 x 10 x 10 = ALL Israel. But, we know these both mean 5 million Jews because in Zechariah 13:8-9 we see that 1/3 of the Jews repent, and since we know there is 15 million Jews on the earth today, that means 5 million Jews repent, so the 7000 and 144,000 are both CODE for ALL Israel who repents. Just like the 10 Virgin Brides stands for ALL Christendom, but they are not all Female nor virgins, of course, the Virgin means washed in the blood, but both male and female, likewise the 144,000 "Virgins" are not all male and this also simply means washed in Christ Jesus' blood. So, Rev. 7 is the Jews fleeing Judea via the AoD. Then we see the Pre Trib Raptured Church in Rev. 7:9-17. 

Now is when the ACTION FALLS (God's Wrath). We see the 7th Seal is only opened over in Rev. 8 but why? Because the Jews have to be in SAFE HARBOR before God allows His wrath to fall, read Rev. 7 it says JUST THAT!!

Rev. 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. 4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

So, what does Rev.8 HURT? The Earth, the Seas and THE TREES !! Over, and over for 42 months via the 7 Trumps and 7 Vials. The last three Trumps are the Three Woes, Rev. 8:13 says so. Thus Woe 1 and 2 happens in Rev. 9 and Rev. 16 is the LAST WOE or the 3rd Woe. It comes via the 7th Trump, which brings the 7 Vials. 

Rev. 8 sees an Asteroid Impact that brings sets all of these events into motion. Not Rev. 6, thus the Day of the Lord begins with the Mountain cast into the sea in Rev. 8, but the fire comes in BEFORE the Impact to burn the trees, its splaying small hot fragments which sets the trees afire via Trumpet #1. Then the IMPACT comes in Trumpet #2. Then the FALL OUT that Poisons the Fresh Water Rivers be it a Nuclear like substance from out of space (some metal substance) or Sulfur Fall Out, like in the impact that killed the Dinos 70 million years ago. Then finally we see in Trumpet #4 that the Sun and Moon  turns DARK, fulfilling the Seal #6 Prophesy !! And also the Joel 2:31 prophecy.

This is how it all goes down, and I see Apophis (April 13, 2029) as that Middle of the week Asteroid Impact. Thus I expect the Rapture in the fall (we can know THE SEASON) of 2025.

Edited by Revelation Man

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 7/21/2022 at 5:19 PM, AdHoc said:

It is true that there is much symbolism in the Bible and especially in Revelation. So the number 666 might have symbolism. But if we take what is said in Revelation 13:17-18 and then give it other meanings that mean something else, are we not in danger. Revelation is the one book that carries a threat if we add or subtract.

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Greeting’s AdHoc,

You have put this together in a nice and concise fashion…as you have done before…thank you. I want to see if I can offer any insight here…my comments are interleaved below.

Before we go on…here is something that the Lord showed me a few years back when I was working on this subject. The first thing to note here is it says, “Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding count the number of the beast.”

To keep it simple…I track this back to the “wisdom and understanding” spoken of by Isaiah as two of the seven Spirits of God, according to Isaiah the 11th chapter:

“A shoot shall come out of the stump of Jesse and from its roots a Branch will form. The Spirit of the Lord shall be upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom, knowledge, understanding, counsel, power, and the fear of the Lord.”

It is very, very “wise” to consider that whatever is meant by count the number of the beast” is in relationship to him who has understanding. He may be speaking of certain specific individuals gifted with this “mind of Christ understanding” among the Body on the earth…He did give gifts to men that are for the building up of His Body…here on earth. Additionally Daniel speaks of this in chapter 2 where he notes He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.”

We should probably take care to realize the in the next verse Isaiah writes that the Lord “will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear” revelation is always spiritually discerned…vs…fleshly, carnally, or by human reasoning…and without the influence of the natural senses. If men simply try to “decipher this code” from their earthly reasoning…well…we have seen where that can go.

So the Spirit of understanding, obviously, by which one may decipher anything in the Scriptures, is not secular. This is not a time when we can afford to be wrong. This is a time when the accuracy of Scripture must be interpreted through Scripture itself, by means of the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. In other words…it is the understanding of the scripture as derived from the revelation of the Holy Spirit. They are spiritually discerned, and the methodology of spiritual discernment is called revelation,” not reason, because we are in a different realm when it comes to the things of Scripture.

To be continued...

• Interesting! 1

Here is what it is.

1. "The number of THE Beast" (v.17)
  2. "The number of a MAN" (v.18)
  3. "The number of his NAME" (v.17)

These three facts put together make 666 very specific. It is connected alone with a ONE particular MAN. Maybe, because man was made on the SIXTH day, we could give him the number 6. Maybe, because man was the SIXTH of the living creatures we could give him the number 6 again. And maybe it is only men that are cursed to work and sweat 6 days in God's wisdom, that we could again add a 6. That would also explain this man being designated 666. But I think that Revelation is about the REVEALING of Christ the NEW king of the earth. And in such a narrative we cannot avoid identifying His OPPONENT. There is only ONE MAN who fulfills all the facts.

I like how you have the ability to simplify, organize or clarify things AdHoc. I agree with the concept of man being made on the sixth day and that those who “toil in the garden by the sweat of their brow” are very much related…in that…they denote a separation out of the 7th day rest of God…and this does figure into the “counting.” Maybe I’ll wade into this a bit…in a very basic way…there is so much here.

On a note of importance is the word “count or calculate” used in v.18…it is “psēphízō versus “arithmos” which is a fixed definite number, or “arithmeo” to enumerate or count. “psēphízō which seems to denote more of a “reckoning, or figuring out” if you will…”learning or discerning” via a specific process I suppose. The story behind that word is important and interesting though I won’t go into it here.

Of course the use of the word “psēphízō feeds directly back into the spiritual wisdom needed for the spiritual understanding required to “count” the number…its process…that will yield its revelation.

It is because of my journey through this subject that I must say that I do not see that it is ultimately connected to just “one particular man.”  Here is where I see things differently that I did a few years ago…“6” appears to have been around from early on…it really could be a “evil spirit” (singular) morphing into a “complex spiritual reality or complex spiritual system” over time…depending on how one views such things.

What I have come up with here is that “6” denotes the character of those who step out of the 7th day rest of God back into the 6th day…“out of the rest of God”…as typified in Adam after the fall or Cain. It is likely that “6” is representative of one who thinks…they can please God with the works of their own hand…or that they are god so to speak…it’s like the first appearing of religion…false religion…hence “out of the rest of God.” It could be a progression…something like “6” then “66” and then “666” with the latter being the fullest expression of “6” revealed in the end of the age.

It may be prudent to consider the “enmity between seeds” playing out here…those of the 7th day…the seed of the woman…and those of the 6th day…seed of the serpent. Maybe it started in the garden or more likely when Cain “6” killed Abel “7.” One of the attributes of the 6 man – the unrighteous” is he goes about killing the “7 man – the Righteous”…predatory in nature and style…when you hate the “standard incarnate”…the “branch”…you kill it.

Abel’s offering…was the offering of a man at rest in God…Cain was obviously a man out of God’s 7th day rest …perhaps Cain is the original “6”…? Making this short…this then progresses and expands in creation on the earth over time…”spiritual darkness”…and it grows into this “great beast” of the end of the age type…an amalgamation of three prior iterations of predatory beasts into the one 7 headed 10 horned beast predator…roaming the earth today.

One more piece...

Edited by tatwo
Font

1. He is from the "sea". The "sea" in parables and prophecy is the Nations. Thus, he is a GENTILE
  2. He is from the "abyss". He is a dead man resurrected
  3. He was wounded to death and lives. He is a man resurrected
  4. He is supported by a city of seven hills - He must be a  Roman
  5. He is "a prince of the people who destroyed the Temple in 70 AD" - a Roman
  6. He is one of seven kings of John's time - a Caesar
  7. He is one of five of John's time who have died already - a Caesar
  8. He is the eighth - eight is the number of resurrection - a resurrected Caesar
  9. His number must be found by scripture - Bible numerics.

There is only ONE MAN who fist all of the above including the numerical values of both Hebrew and Greek - CAESAR NERO

I am aware that the numerics are controversial.

Yeh…I mean where does this leave you? If it is a man…you feel it is...then Nero…who is long gone, is “666?”…ok…how does that work now or in the future…it’s a stretch AdHoc.

If “666” is a type, shadow or symbol illuminating an “evil spirit that grows into an  evil kingdom” over time…and is currently on earth…a vast evil system in which every facet of human life depends upon…that is also religious, disobedient, rebellious, predatory and murderous…it could literally apply to any and all of those of the “seed of the serpent” throughout all the ages of creation…on an increasing scale as we move to the end…who kills the righteous, and does what is right in his own eyes in an attempt to put himself on display as god…there’s the “6 man” he is a man that is out of rest…when you see a man out of rest…you see the beast…and today it is a nearly full grown beast.

This was a brief…simply to introduce an understanding that is building upon previous limited truth on the matter…it does not make previous truth wrong…it actually matures it and brings it along with increased clarity. There is more to this…obviously…this is the condensed version. Enjoy if you can…

Tatwo…:)

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 7/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, AdHoc said:

"The number of a MAN" (v.18)

6 minutes ago, tatwo said:

It is because of my journey through this subject that I must say that I do not see that it is ultimately connected to just “one particular man.”

The Greek has no indefinite article -- "a" -- so the use of it in translation must be based on context. Therefore, the above verse might more legitimately read "the number of Man"; not, "of a man."

Just to add to the mix, the sixth from Adam was Jared; which means "to descend." He got this name, according to ancient Hebraic records, because in his day the angelic Watchers descended to take human wives, and thereafter cause mankind to become debased.  (As explained here: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/2780-the-beast-part-3-who-is-the-beast/ )

22 minutes ago, tatwo said:

Greeting’s AdHoc,

You have put this together in a nice and concise fashion…as you have done before…thank you. I want to see if I can offer any insight here…my comments are interleaved below.

Before we go on…here is something that the Lord showed me a few years back when I was working on this subject. The first thing to note here is it says, “Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding count the number of the beast.”

To keep it simple…I track this back to the “wisdom and understanding” spoken of by Isaiah as two of the seven Spirits of God, according to Isaiah the 11th chapter:

“A shoot shall come out of the stump of Jesse and from its roots a Branch will form. The Spirit of the Lord shall be upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom, knowledge, understanding, counsel, power, and the fear of the Lord.”

It is very, very “wise” to consider that whatever is meant by count the number of the beast” is in relationship to him who has understanding. He may be speaking of certain specific individuals gifted with this “mind of Christ understanding” among the Body on the earth…He did give gifts to men that are for the building up of His Body…here on earth. Additionally Daniel speaks of this in chapter 2 where he notes He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.”

We should probably take care to realize the in the next verse Isaiah writes that the Lord “will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear” revelation is always spiritually discerned…vs…fleshly, carnally, or by human reasoning…and without the influence of the natural senses. If men simply try to “decipher this code” from their earthly reasoning…well…we have seen where that can go.

So the Spirit of understanding, obviously, by which one may decipher anything in the Scriptures, is not secular. This is not a time when we can afford to be wrong. This is a time when the accuracy of Scripture must be interpreted through Scripture itself, by means of the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. In other words…it is the understanding of the scripture as derived from the revelation of the Holy Spirit. They are spiritually discerned, and the methodology of spiritual discernment is called revelation,” not reason, because we are in a different realm when it comes to the things of Scripture.

To be continued...

20 minutes ago, tatwo said:

I like how you have the ability to simplify, organize or clarify things AdHoc. I agree with the concept of man being made on the sixth day and that those who “toil in the garden by the sweat of their brow” are very much related…in that…they denote a separation out of the 7th day rest of God…and this does figure into the “counting.” Maybe I’ll wade into this a bit…in a very basic way…there is so much here.

On a note of importance is the word “count or calculate” used in v.18…it is “psēphízō versus “arithmos” which is a fixed definite number, or “arithmeo” to enumerate or count. “psēphízō which seems to denote more of a “reckoning, or figuring out” if you will…”learning or discerning” via a specific process I suppose. The story behind that word is important and interesting though I won’t go into it here.

Of course the use of the word “psēphízō feeds directly back into the spiritual wisdom needed for the spiritual understanding required to “count” the number…its process…that will yield its revelation.

It is because of my journey through this subject that I must say that I do not see that it is ultimately connected to just “one particular man.”  Here is where I see things differently that I did a few years ago…“6” appears to have been around from early on…it really could be a “evil spirit” (singular) morphing into a “complex spiritual reality or complex spiritual system” over time…depending on how one views such things.

What I have come up with here is that “6” denotes the character of those who step out of the 7th day rest of God back into the 6th day…“out of the rest of God”…as typified in Adam after the fall or Cain. It is likely that “6” is representative of one who thinks…they can please God with the works of their own hand…or that they are god so to speak…it’s like the first appearing of religion…false religion…hence “out of the rest of God.” It could be a progression…something like “6” then “66” and then “666” with the latter being the fullest expression of “6” revealed in the end of the age.

It may be prudent to consider the “enmity between seeds” playing out here…those of the 7th day…the seed of the woman…and those of the 6th day…seed of the serpent. Maybe it started in the garden or more likely when Cain “6” killed Abel “7.” One of the attributes of the 6 man – the unrighteous” is he goes about killing the “7 man – the Righteous”…predatory in nature and style…when you hate the “standard incarnate”…the “branch”…you kill it.

Abel’s offering…was the offering of a man at rest in God…Cain was obviously a man out of God’s 7th day rest …perhaps Cain is the original “6”…? Making this short…this then progresses and expands in creation on the earth over time…”spiritual darkness”…and it grows into this “great beast” of the end of the age type…an amalgamation of three prior iterations of predatory beasts into the one 7 headed 10 horned beast predator…roaming the earth today.

One more piece...

11 minutes ago, tatwo said:

Yeh…I mean where does this leave you? If it is a man…you feel it is...then Nero…who is long gone, is “666?”…ok…how does that work now or in the future…it’s a stretch AdHoc.

If “666” is a type, shadow or symbol illuminating an “evil spirit that grows into an  evil kingdom” over time…and is currently on earth…a vast evil system in which every facet of human life depends upon…that is also religious, disobedient, rebellious, predatory and murderous…it could literally apply to any and all of those of the “seed of the serpent” throughout all the ages of creation…on an increasing scale as we move to the end…who kills the righteous, and does what is right in his own eyes in an attempt to put himself on display as god…there’s the “6 man” he is a man that is out of rest…when you see a man out of rest…you see the beast…and today it is a nearly full grown beast.

This was a brief…simply to introduce an understanding that is building upon previous limited truth on the matter…it does not make previous truth wrong…it actually matures it and brings it along with increased clarity. There is more to this…obviously…this is the condensed version. Enjoy if you can…

Tatwo…:)

Hello Friend, and thanks for the feedback. In my years of study I have seen quite a few arguments as to the 666. In actual fact, very few scholars agree 100%. I fully accept that you have a different view, and I fully accept that I could be wrong. You have a very valid point that not only the written Word counts. The light we receive is very important. The Pharisees had the Word, but approached Jesus in the wrong way (Jn.5:39). I personally think that the knowledge of who the Beast is is not crucial to the diligent Christian. We should be raptured shortly after he is revealed (2nd Thess.2:1-3).

Go well bro, and God bless your studies.

12 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

The Greek has no indefinite article -- "a" -- so the use of it in translation must be based on context. Therefore, the above verse might more legitimately read "the number of Man"; not, "of a man."

Just to add to the mix, the sixth from Adam was Jared; which means "to descend." He got this name, according to ancient Hebraic records, because in his day the angelic Watchers descended to take human wives, and thereafter cause mankind to become debased.  (As explained here: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/2780-the-beast-part-3-who-is-the-beast/ )

You are correct brother. There is no definite article. I guess the translators added it because of the "his" in verse 17 (Strong's #G846). Strong's has a nice note on the word.

Go well bro.