Modern Day Prophets

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Here’s some examples of Pat Robertson engaging in false prophecy.

In 1984, he declared that in 10 years, a "Spirit-filled" president would sit in the Oval Office and that judges would be speaking in tongues from the bench. 

Who was sitting in the Oval Office 10 years later? Bill Clinton. 

Were judges "speaking in tongues from the bench"? Not that we know of. :whistling:

He's also famous for saying that God told him Trump would win the 2020 election. A year later, Mr. Robertson is on record urging everyone to accept his electoral defeat. Alrighty then.

The man was in the business of predictions for decades, most of which he claimed were shown to him by God. 

Edited to add another famous failure. Pat Robertson said God told him that Mitt Romney would win the 2012 election and become a two-term president. Nope. Because this fellow is fond of saying "God told me" or "God showed me," this makes him a false prophet. 

Edited by Marathoner
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Very interesting comments indeed.  I have mentioned more than once that I am in the process of attempting to understand the book of Daniel. It is a very difficult book. Within more than one chapter we find were Daniel is told to either "shut up" or "seal up" the vision  or prophecy ....

Looking through the various commentaries, it seems they are just about treated the same... regardless of the chapter and the underlying message. Essentially, they treat these terms as one and mean "the end of times". But I do not find that to be true, and each one the times we see a command to "seal or shut up" something it relates to a different time on the earth. They are not the same.

But there is a command in Daniel where he is told to "seal up" the prophecies or messages which specifically does speak to the end times. In other words, God has indeed provided Daniel with no less than two visions: one is the "mareh vision" which is relevant to the time of Christ - he was told to seal up that vision. The other is the "chazon vision". This is a long term vision that covers from the second kingdom (Mede-Persian) to the second coming of Jesus.

It is this second "chazon vision" that is truly "sealed up". And it is this vision in 9:24 that Gabriel tells Daniel the "visions (chazon) and the prophecies" are to be sealed up.

Consequently, to me, God has indeed given mankind all the prophecies and visions until His second coming. There is nothing more for Him to tell us - He has given us all the information and prophecies within His plan of salvation. Everything has been told to us, even if we still do not understand them.

So, prophecies and visions have been provided to us. However, this has nothing to do with God visiting each of us as He chooses. His plan has been presented but His visits, signs and visions (individually) have not only continued since the Cross but are becoming more frequent and broad (Christian or not) within the world. 

Just my thoughts, Charlie

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, Starise said:

I am writing this to get thoughts on the criteria you might use to either accept or reject person who claims a word from God, a special dream or vision.

One place in the bible says this:

Joel 2:28

“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

And almost word for word here:

Acts 2:17

“’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

This is I believe, a reminder of the original comment in Joel.

We also have this:

2 Peter 1:20-21

20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation. 21 For no such prophecy was ever brought forth by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.…

There are many who are coming out with "visions and prophecies". I put this in quotes because this is their claim and not necessarily proven.

One such prophetic dream I recently read claims there will be a terrible tsunami very soon and bad things coming for the US and Japan all very soon. Others made claims of even more extreme government upheaval than we have seen to date.

In most of these good news is nowhere to be found. Instead a dire and dark future is predicted. Many of these self described prophets are claiming to be Christians.

How do we know for sure when a prophet is false or when one is legit?

If there is no tsunami within their time limit, it would seem...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

On 7/22/2022 at 3:10 PM, AngelInTraining93 said:

I received instant proof that a Christian was a prophet the other day. I prayed for God to essentially show me a sign (I forget my exact words). A short time later, a person professing to be a prophet on YouTube, Godshealer7, proclaimed there would be “thunder and lightning.” I went to work on what was broadcast to be a nice day and it was. Halfway through my shift, we experienced an intense thunderstorm with a great deal of lightning that came out of nowhere and left into nowhere as if someone (wink, wink) turned the light switch of this storm on and off. God always lives up to His word whether or not He says it himself or works through a person to deliver the message. I highly recommend her videos, she has made it clear she is a Christian proclaiming God’s message. 

I looked at Godhealer7 and TBH she never indicated either a dream or a vision from the Lord in the video I seen. In the video I watched, this woman was giving more of an expository view on the scriptures. Similar to a Sunday school class. While this doesn't make her a false prophet I am not convinced she has an endowment for prophecy. Also the fact that she is asking for money doesn't help her cause IMO. 

This woman might have looked at the weather forecast :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:41 AM, Billiards Ball said:

If there is no tsunami within their time limit, it would seem...

I will need to go back to a few of the examples to be more specific. 

Troy Blackhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLPDiQBubvU

I am not convinced of what Troy says. He doesn't mention dreams or visions and says " The Holy Spirit" told me ******** Well then, since all believers have the Holy Spirit we really don't need his videos. A lot of what he says isn't specific enough to nail anything down, so "something" could happen and people would say Troy was right.

Amazing Prophecies-https://youtu.be/zutk5tDX2kE

Better hurry up. It's supposed to happen by July 29th.

BRMinistrieshttps://youtu.be/YKDyrgec7jQ

Things are revving up in July 2022. Look out! Dude, things have been revved up for two years. This is also more of a "preacher" not a prophet. I found many preachers who have the word 'prophetic' in their titles. Click bait?

I could post many more of this type, but frankly they are hot dogs who sometimes seem to get a 'word from the Lord' right on stage in real time. Fake as a two dollar bill.

Here's another one of those- https://youtu.be/Javl1R1Y7QY

I searched "My Vision" and found this: No it isn't prophetic but it's good music.

https://youtu.be/XiukM6WHQEQ

Then I searched " My Prophetic vision"

Interestingly the ones that seem like they could be the most legit have the fewest plays.

Some of these visions came awhile ago-

https://youtu.be/CEP-oMYIh1o

For the record I'm staying away from Sid Roth

'Possible earthquake coming' -https://youtu.be/_zSMdYXgJoY

This goes on and on.

Generally, I am finding the no names without production budgets seem the most sincere.

Thoughts?

Edited by Starise

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Thoughts? The political fixation of most says it all, my friend. For decades, those who believe they are exceptional people living in exceptional times have claimed that the Lord showed them this, and told them that. God is going to judge America if everyone doesn't repent right now! :rolleyes:

When the predicted disaster doesn't happen, it was because enough people prayed about it or better yet, the prophet in question was shown another vision which explains the previous vision. That's the ticket!

Harold Camping came up with all manner of excuses to explain his errors both the first and second time around. He didn't have the opportunity to explain away the last of his failed predictions because he passed away. Listening to some of those videos, I'm struck by the non-specificity of the narrative which leaves "wiggle room" for all manner of conjecture and/or excuses when it doesn't pan out.

Again, this sort of thing has been going on for a very long time and is rampant in certain U.S. evangelical circles. There's always someone cropping up somewhere with an urgent message from God! Mmhmm. 

Edited by Marathoner
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 7/22/2022 at 11:41 PM, Starise said:

I am writing this to get thoughts on the criteria you might use to either accept or reject person who claims a word from God, a special dream or vision.

How do we know for sure when a prophet it is false or when one is legit?

Hi Starise,

`the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.` (Rev. 19: 10) 

I grew up in a fellowship where prophecy was very common, (`50`s ff). I have many of those that my grandmother saved, for the ladies used to take the message down in shorthand  and then print it off. 

Those prophecies were concerning the Lord, His character and how He was dealing with the people. They are not fortune telling, but the Head of the Body working in His people`s lives, - to comfort, exhort and encourage. (1 Cor. 14: 4 & 12)

regards, Marilyn.

19 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Starise,

`the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.` (Rev. 19: 10) 

I grew up in a fellowship where prophecy was very common, (`50`s ff). I have many of those that my grandmother saved, for the ladies used to take the message down in shorthand  and then print it off. 

Those prophecies were concerning the Lord, His character and how He was dealing with the people. They are not fortune telling, but the Head of the Body working in His people`s lives, - to comfort, exhort and encourage. (1 Cor. 14: 4 & 12)

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

I am attempting to understand what these prophecies looked like. Can you give an example or two of what they were like and how they differed from telling the future?

Names do not need to be used.

7 hours ago, Starise said:

Hi Marilyn,

I am attempting to understand what these prophecies looked like. Can you give an example or two of what they were like and how they differed from telling the future?

Names do not need to be used.

Hi Starise,

It would be my pleasure to share some of the prophecies. I`ll just do a few lines as they are a page or so long. If you would the whole prophecy I will do that.

In Christ Alone.

The Lord says -

`It is not the towering ability of individual men that will bring the close of this dispensation to an end, but it will be the ripening, the moulding, the perfecting of a Body of People that will be peculiarly Mine.

There will be no possibility for `flesh` to glory, for all will be interwoven one into the other, and in the centre of them will be the fires of Divine Affection, in the centre of them will be the seeds of Divine Love, in the centre of them will be the deposit of the eternal Purpose of God;

And when that time will come, it will be far greater! - drawing from the earth a people (who have been Mine) in the sense of rapture; it will be the carrying away from the earth of that functional Organ from the realm of Time into its Eternal Setting.`

Prophetic Word (part of) from the Apostolic Convention in Penygroes, 1943.

Prophetic Ministry through Pastor J.D. Eynon.

Some more parts of prophecies.

`You cannot do better, My people, than ponder in the deep silence of My house, the greatness, the wonder and the marvel of redeeming love. As the pressure of My Spirit is bearing down upon your spirit, as the ministry of illumination is coming forth from the fountain of inspiration, consider how great is my love.

Do not be afraid of your thoughts as they are touched by the mind of Christ. Do not fear to follow the trend of spiritual intelligence into which you will thus be led. Fear not to accept as eternal verity such things as I will reveal to you, because there never was love like my love to you. And I have yet to bring you where you have fully grasped the revelation of my love, let alone understood the wealth of Divine purpose that is hidden in My love.........