IGNORED

We Will Get The Answers When We Get To Heaven.

JAG**

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

53 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hello Jayne, how ya be?

But still, if we retain our memories and emotions in our eternal bodies, how does the Lord comfort us with the fact our beloved is in Hell? I can only take comfort in Proverbs 3:5-6.

Dennis, I'm fine - how about you?

Two schools of thought to your question- [Well,  there's probably about 97 interpretations, but I'll just give two that I'm familiar with.]  Which one do I adhere to?  I don't know.

• Some believe  we will forget them.  They base that on the passages in the Bible  that speak of people's names being blotted out of the book  of life.  
  • Some believe that God's comfort will be enough.  They believe that we will understand that his will and justice is perfect and God will comfort us in our sorrow.

Why isn't this addressed in the Bible.  If these were true - that we would forget those we love who go to hell or God would comfort the pain away and God revealed that in the Bible, then HERE and NOW we wouldn't care very much about them.

Leading them  to Christ, praying for them, - it would be meaningless or at least of far lesser meaning.

Our NOT knowing should keep us burdened for them HERE enough to do something about it.

As you said - it is not for us to know now.  And when God takes us into his presence -we won't have to ask.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,255
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

We have our memories of the past, and I do not believe our Lord will remove any or all our memories while we were in the flesh. Removing such, we could not look back; that would modify us into newly created machines, our memory files deleted and formatted.

Hi Dennis,

Over our way some friends and I have been discussing this very point. I was led to these scriptures. 

`For we know in part and prophecy in part, But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part WILL BE DONE AWAY WITH.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.` (1 Cor. 13: 9 - 12)

The illustration is about us not being that child and how we thought, understood or spoke back then. When we receive our new spiritual bodies the old will be done away with. Only what is of Christ`s Divine nature will go through the fire. (1 Cor. 3: 13,  2 Peter 1: 4)

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

There are definitely mysteries that we will not know here and in fact may not even be meant to know.  However, the study of near death experiences has some unique perspectives that may or not be valid.  Below are some examples of those.

(1 on death, consciousness or the soul leaves the body.  People report seeing areas above them and even hearing conversations in other areas which were later confirmed.

(2 people report heavenly beings like angels, God, Jesus, deceased family members.  

(3 people inform that when they ascend to heaven that knowledge is instant.  It feels as if they reconnected to their true self as a spiritual being.  All questions are known and answered at least in some cases. On returning to their bodies, their knowledge is contracted and universal knowledge is no longer available to them.