• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,223
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 1/1/2023 at 4:59 PM, other one said:

I would disagree with that. Ive had personal experience with the spirits of the Nephilim.  Most people call them demons.

My references are to Biblical sources NOT seances or vagaries of a personal nature.

While I do not doubt your testimony of spiritual encounters, I do oppose the use of non-Biblical revelations as a source for ideology clearly stated in God's Word.

Again the phrase 'sons of God' refers to human men.  'Daughters of men' refer to human women.  (Genesis 6:2)   Please do a word study on this and you'll see its clearly a reference to humans both male and female.

Additionally, there is NO reference anywhere in the Bible that either angels or demons are capable of sexual relations with humans.   Such encounters have their origin in pagan mythology - Babylonian being one of the earliest.

Hope this helps.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Diamond Member

On 1/1/2023 at 4:24 AM, TreeFivew said:

I didn't give an opinion.  I just asked a question. I don't know. I asked if there could've been more than one Eve.  I have heard people say that Eve and Adam are used figuratively.  I don't know.  Asking a question is not giving an opinion.  It is foreign.  I don't know.  I didn't state it as though it's a fact.  I asked thinking that maybe it would be his way of creating at a faster pace.

More than one Eve?   Is your post a statement or a question?

Sometimes opinions are expressed as a rhetorical question.   For instance, "do you really believe the United States is a democratic nation?"   The implied answer in this statement is a resounding 'no'. (*)

Returning to the matter at hand, LILITH is a female mentioned by the prophet Isaiah.

"Lilith, the night monster, will dwell there." - Isaiah 34:14

According to Jewish tradition Lilith was the first wife of Adam, not Eve.  

Lilith was evicted from Eden for infractions that aren't specifically clear.  References to Lilith can be traced to Babylonian myth, which is probably where Jews got the idea.  Babylonian influence is quite heavy in the Talmud, also called the Law of Works by Jesus and His apostles.  The only Biblical reference to Lilith is the one by Isaiah quoted above.  Lilith is also represented traditionally as a type of she-monster or Succubus.  This is also a non-Biblical reference.

Figurative references are used in all languages to assist in the transmission of ideas.  For example, the story of George Washington chopping down a cherry tree is a figurative reference.   It didn't actually happen according to the myth, but it does serve to illustrate the moral code of its principle character - G. Washington.

The story of Eve & Adam in Genesis 3 is quite possibly one of the heaviest most detailed explanation of the spiritual condition of mankind ever written.  In its simplest form it tells a short story.  Unpacking its meaning has resulted in volumes of theological exposition.

While the location of Eden has been suggested by recent technological innovations, there is no archaeological evidence of their lives either in the original geographic location or when they settled after their eviction from earthly paradise.

Eve has been traditionally represented as being the one who brought SIN into the world.  

Because Eve brought SIN into the world she and her sisters have been sentenced to suffer pain when they bring new life into the world. (Genesis 3:16) Adam and his gender were sentenced to a life of hard labor because he allowed himself to be seduced by his lying wife (who was in league with the devil).  (Genesis 3:17a) Thus has it always been between men and women.

As a final thought Genesis 3:16b establishes Adam in authority over Eve by God.  Women have resisted male authority ever since.  To this day women prefer the whispers and conceits of satan to the authority and decisions of men.

Hope this helps.

(*) The elected government of the United States is a constitutional republic. (See also; the Pledge of Allegiance)

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Again the phrase 'sons of God' refers to human men.  'Daughters of men' refer to human women.  (Genesis 6:2)   Please do a word study on this and you'll see its clearly a reference to humans both male and female.

Yes, a word study indeed. I could go into great detail, but I am not out to change anyone’s opinion, just what the Bible says.

Genesis 6: That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Sons of God =  bên ʼĕlôhîym; simply stated, elohiym means “spirits,” and not flesh.

Angels are elohiym (spirits), the same ones Jude mentions.

Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

A Hebrew word study on first estate and habitation is beneficial. All the Jews of the time and early church fathers took it at face value, and it is well documented. The concept of men was not known and did not evolve until the 4th century A.D.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

42 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Additionally, there is NO reference anywhere in the Bible that either angels or demons are capable of sexual relations with humans.

Genesis chapter six.

22 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Lilith was evicted from Eden for infractions that aren't specifically clear.  References to Lilith can be traced to Babylonian myth, which is probably where Jews got the idea.  Babylonian influence is quite heavy in the Talmud, also called the Law of Works by Jesus and His apostles.  The only Biblical reference to Lilith is the one by Isaiah quoted above.  Lilith is also represented traditionally as a type of she-monster or Succubus.  This is also a non-Biblical reference.

This “Lilith” is indeed interesting. Just some partial notes of mine if anyone is interested.

LILITH (לִילִית, lilith). A proper noun that appears in only one place in the Bible: Isaiah 34:14.

Lilith in the Bible

The sole biblical reference to Lilith, in Isa 34:14, is contained within a larger section of judgment texts that focus on the nation of Edom (descendants of Esau). In the Isaiah passage, Lilith is listed alongside desert creatures such as jackals, ostriches, owls, wolves, goats, hawks, and snakes. For this reason, Lilith may be viewed as a night animal, or some sort of nocturnal monster (or demon) that is elusive and mysterious. Some English translations use the term “Lilith” (CEB, LEB, NRSV), while others translate with terms like “screech owl” (KJV), “night creature” (NKJV), “night bird” (ESV), or “night monster(s)” (TLB, NASB).

Proposed Origins of the Term

The minimal use of “Lilith” in the Bible may be because the term has non-Israelite origins. The Lilith legend likely came from ancient Babylonian mythology. However, Lilith can be found in other ancient cultures as well, such as the name for a demon in Assyrian mythology (lilītu). Lilith’s origins in Mesopotamian culture and folklore indicate the creature may be more than a bird-like animal (Blenkinsopp, Isaiah 1–39, 453).

Some scholars contend for a nonmythological interpretation of Lilith, allowing the term to simply refer to some sort of literal animal. Some 20th-century scholarly discussions concerning the identity of Lilith revolved around Sumerian and Syrian evidence that could be connected with the biblical Lilith (Kramer, Gilgamesh and the Huluppu—Tree, 5), but other scholars argued against this proposed evidence (Opitz et al., “Ausgrabungen und Forschungsreisen,” 330; Gaster, “A Canaanite Magical Text,” 44, 50; Torczyner, “A Hebrew Incantation,” 29; Ribichini, “Lilith nell-albero Huluppu,” 31–33).

Textual Variant Related to Lilith

The Great Isaiah Scroll (1QIsaa) and the Aramaic Targum both read “Lilith” as a plural, leading to the translation “nightjar,” a type of bird.

Joel Soza, “Lilith,” in The Lexham Bible Dictionary, ed. John D. Barry et al. (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016).

15 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yes, a word study indeed. I could go into great detail, but I am not out to change anyone’s opinion, just what the Bible says.

Genesis 6: That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Sons of God =  bên ʼĕlôhîym; simply stated, elohiym means “spirits,” and not flesh.

Angels are elohiym (spirits), the same ones Jude mentions.

Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

A Hebrew word study on first estate and habitation is beneficial. All the Jews of the time and early church fathers took it at face value, and it is well documented. The concept of men was not known and did not evolve until the 4th century A.D.

You declined to offer evidence of sexual activity between your familiar spirits and humanity.  Arguments about words and meanings aside I stand by my original statement.  The Bible does NOT EVER state sexual relations between humans and angels/demons is possible.   

The Hebrew word 'elohim' can be interpreted several ways.  It can either represent the plural nature of God or it can be used to describe spirits.  More strictly the word refers to a generic class of entities as 'gods' or 'deities', the reality of which is also denied in scripture - ADONAI ECHAD (God is one) there is no other (god).

Since the word Elohim also implies the triune Godhead, its spiritual use in the plural is denied by those who have an agenda opposing any expression of Trinity (which has a Babylonian and/or Platonic origin depending upon one's agenda).

The discussion seems to be focused on justifying sexual relations between ethereal entities which are not gods/God and humans.  Bottom line here is that such relations are impossible.

Nephilim (the suffix -im implies plurality) were simply BIG PEOPLE.

In the 21st century they would be employed by the NFL or NBA.

They are NOT space aliens, demon gods or human-animal hybrids.

Lilith has also been used to describe the strange night calls of the Owl.

Edited by choir loft

2 minutes ago, choir loft said:

You declined to offer evidence of sexual activity between your familiar spirits and humanity.  Arguments about words and meanings aside I stand by my original statement.  The Bible does NOT EVER state sexual relations between humans and angels/demons is possible.   

The Hebrew word 'elohim' can be interpreted several ways.  It can either represent the plural nature of God or it can be used to describe spirits.  More strictly the word refers to a generic class of entities as 'gods' or 'deities', the reality of which is also denied in scripture - ADONAI ECHAD (God is one) there is no other (god).

Since the word Elohim also implies the triune Godhead, its spiritual use in the plural is denied by those who have an agenda opposing any expression of Trinity (which has a Babylonian and/or Platonic origin depending upon one's agenda).

The discussion seems to be focused on justifying sexual relations between ethereal entities which are not gods/God and humans.  Bottom line here is that such relations are impossible.

Nephilim (the suffix -im implies plurality) were simply BIG PEOPLE.

In the 21st century they would be employed by the NFL or NBA.

They are NOT space aliens, demon gods or human-animal hybrids.

As I alluded to, I am not out to change anyone's hermeneutics. We are all entitled to our own exegesis. You suggested doing word research, I did and cited one example.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Short answer

Eve was Adams first,last & only help mate( wife)

Anything else is hypothetical,conjecture, speculation and/or folklore !

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

As I alluded to, I am not out to change anyone's hermeneutics. We are all entitled to our own exegesis. You suggested doing word research, I did and cited one example.

If one is a student at a Bible college or seminary, your assumption of the importance of opinion might be true (unless the institution has a stated agenda).

Opinion is also considered to have weight around the dinner table (such as opinions about the creamy consistency of mashed potatoes).

Opinion is not valid in corporate America or even in the cloistered halls of secular academia without supporting evidence. 

In the post-modern church it is personal opinion that is held in higher regard than scripture.  Personal opinion is the muck politicians hide behind at election time.

The forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden had a name - OPINION.  (Genesis 3:5)

In these Last Days it is opinion that is the coin of the realm.  That coin is inflated beyond its worth and usefulness.

Those who eat of it and who also deny God's Word will die from their toxic diet.  

God doesn't care about our opinions.  

God demands our faithful obedience.

Your 'opinions' are worthy of consideration because you have mined the text of God so as to learn from it.  

Most do not do so.  Most worship their own opinion - worthless and tinsel thin though it may be. (John 3:19)

As a consequence the post-modern church has betrayed the gospel and wandered into the pathways of wickedness and debauchery. (1 Peter 4:17)

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

6 hours ago, choir loft said:

More than one Eve?   Is your post a statement or a question?

Sometimes opinions are expressed as a rhetorical question.   For instance, "do you really believe the United States is a democratic nation?"   The implied answer in this statement is a resounding 'no'. (*)

Returning to the matter at hand, LILITH is a female mentioned by the prophet Isaiah.

Figurative references are used in all languages to assist in the transmission of ideas.  For example, the story of George Washington chopping down a cherry tree is a figurative reference.   It didn't actually happen according to the myth, but it does serve to illustrate the moral code of its principle character - G. Washington.

The story of Eve & Adam in Genesis 3 is quite possibly one of the heaviest most detailed explanation of the spiritual condition of mankind ever written.  In its simplest form it tells a short story.  Unpacking its meaning has resulted in volumes of theological exposition.

While the location of Eden has been suggested by recent technological innovations, there is no archaeological evidence of their lives either in the original geographic location or when they settled after their eviction from earthly paradise.

Eve has been traditionally represented as being the one who brought SIN into the world.  

Because Eve brought SIN into the world she and her sisters have been sentenced to suffer pain when they bring new life into the world. (Genesis 3:16) Adam and his gender were sentenced to a life of hard labor because he allowed himself to be seduced by his lying wife (who was in league with the devil).  (Genesis 3:17a) Thus has it always been between men and women.

As a final thought Genesis 3:16b establishes Adam in authority over Eve by God.  Women have resisted male authority ever since.  To this day women prefer the whispers and conceits of satan to the authority and decisions of men.

Hope this helps.

(*) The elected government of the United States is a constitutional republic. (See also; the Pledge of Allegiance)

I was just asking if it's a possibility that there was more than one Eve to create at a faster pace.  I don't know.  I never stated it as though it's true.