• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 9/7/2022 at 5:32 PM, missmuffet said:

What if you are wrong and there is a 7 year tribulation?

Shalom, missmuffet.

What if MOST of us are wrong and there has been and still is a 2,000-year tribulation, and the 7 years of Gabriel's 70 Weeks of Daniel 9 don't have anything to do with "tribulation?"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

20 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The main problem in my opinion is that everyone believes they are right. I have met few who believe they could be wrong, but even they believe they are right. For many, this is because that is what they were taught, and so they read the Bible through a filter that fits their preconceived view. Personally I am PreTrib and Premillennial. 

Shalom, TrueFollowerOfChrist.

I KNOW that I'm not 100% correct, but when I quote Scripture, I know that SCRIPTURE in 100% correct (even if we don't always understand the Scriptures well). When I was in my 2nd year of Bible college, I had to "change my filter," and even then, I realized much later that I STILL needed revisions in how I saw God's people, because I had gained an appreciation for my Jewish roots!

Personally, I am PostTrib (but not the typical form) and Premillennial.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,930
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  231
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I dont care when it happens as I am only going to live as long as God says so and will die when He wants me to . We are not supposed to know the when only that it will happen in GODS OWN TIME   so why worry :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

I KNOW that I'm not 100% correct, but when I quote Scripture, I know that SCRIPTURE in 100% correct (even if we don't always understand the Scriptures well). When I was in my 2nd year of Bible college, I had to "change my filter," and even then, I realized much later that I STILL needed revisions in how I saw God's people, because I had gained an appreciation for my Jewish roots!

Personally, I am PostTrib (but not the typical form) and Premillennial.

Well I did say I have met few who are willing to change their beliefs. Obviously you are open minded to truth if you are shown to be in error. I believe I am as well. I'm always open to someone who might be able to show me error in my thinking. 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:26 AM, Keras said:

What if our beliefs are wrong?

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 is very enlightening; everyone who believes in Jesus will be saved. As John 3:16 plainly says.
But those whose works are faulty, I refer here especially to those who promote false teachings or reject the prophetic truths as Written, will not receive a reward and will, escape with their lives only by passing thru fire.

As there is nowhere in the Bible that says the Church will got to live in heaven, any hopeful thoughts of avoiding the wrath to come, will not be realized. The main reason to reject the rapture is: how can anyone go to heaven before any Judgment? 

Shalom, Keras.

Interesting! The same can be said for "going to hell before any judgment."

2 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Well I did say I have met few who are willing to change their beliefs. Obviously you are open minded to truth if you are shown to be in error. I believe I am as well. I'm always open to someone who might be able to show me error in my thinking. 

That's good, but I try not to be too confrontational. My personal experience has been that it is better (IMO) to "work together toward a goal" than to be "competitive." I think that's why I've never been too much into sports of any kind. I'm okay with the teamwork within a team, but I don't like the competition between teams. I much prefer the win-win scenarios.

A favorite time in my life was when I was working on a team project to produce the hardware and the software to fabricate a new product. It was GREAT to be cooperative and work together from different angles to come up with the solutions needed to make the parts come together as a whole. I'm usually pretty good about meeting deadlines.

For instance, most sprinkler systems just dump water all over the room to quench a fire detected by the sensors. We worked together to come up with a sprinkler system that detected WHERE the fire was in the room, and then used robotics to DIRECT the extinguisher, still in the ceiling, to that location. Much more effective and much less to clean up afterward. We were also working on a detector/locator with faster response time, swiveling the nozzle in the right direction before turning it on.

I'd like to see us all work together toward the goal of better understanding the Scriptures and how they fit together to explain the events of the End Times. When people get "locked in" to their own particular belief-system, with no chance of a change being considered, IMO, we've STUNTED OUR GROWTH! We get set in our ways, and we come to that point in our lives when we, like Roy S. Durstine, say "My mind is made up! Don't confuse me with the facts!" When we say to the Holy Spirit of God, "I can't (won't) learn any more," we're in a VERY BAD PLACE!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, missmuffet.

What if MOST of us are wrong and there has been and still is a 2,000-year tribulation, and the 7 years of Gabriel's 70 Weeks of Daniel 9 don't have anything to do with "tribulation?"

Time will tell won't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

Since I believe the bible teaches we are responsible to study. That we are to be diligent and especially WATCHFUL for that day or these times, however you choose to look at it, this is the requirement of a faithful steward- To be informed through the Spirit, through scripture AND to have studied enough to know when to have the oil in our lamps and to be ready as brides for our groom to return.

Nearly as I can tell this responsibility does not lie on only a church leader, end times author, pastor or teacher. This is a personal charge.

The reason I bring this up is because there are too many 'cop outs' coming from believers such as, " I don't think I can figure this out and too many people argue about it, it's all too controversial, so I don't bother myself with any of it". To be honest, I think many are simply afraid they are incapable of gaining enough understanding on this subject to ever figure any of it out, so many of them do this next thing- They leave the explaining up to their denominations, book authors, pastors etc. Many of them will duke it out over details they have been told but never studied themselves. After all brother so and so HAS to be right on this.

And to be fair, I may never get to the bottom of all of it. If I don't I will die in the process of trying.

I have changed my mind several times. In the beginning I had what I'll call an inkling from the Spirit that something just wasn't right about some of what I was hearing from across a pulpit, so I began to dig deeper until I was convinced what I was hearing as incorrect. The little computer between my ears began to spit out alarms that there was a fault in incoming logic. It did no good to try and discuss some of it with leaders, one which agreed in theory with me, but admitted this is what he was taught about it from his seminary.

For me this study has been a journey I have been happy with. I don't feel ready to say I am at the final destination, however I feel I've come a LONG way as a result of study, prayer, and the determination to pursue the answers to the questions I don't have yet. Nowhere in scripture do I read that those who are stumped are to give up study.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

32 minutes ago, Starise said:

Nearly as I can tell this responsibility does not lie on only a church leader, end times author, pastor or teacher. This is a personal charge.

yes something that i neglected until a few years back, because i didnt think i had what it takes to study and even understand...basing that on my miserable failures at school that were many.

i have most certainly changed by going deeper in to God's Word, but far from knowing much still this side of heaven. none of us can. its been a journey and this particular one has been 10 months and continuing

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

4 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

That's good, but I try not to be too confrontational. My personal experience has been that it is better (IMO) to "work together toward a goal" than to be "competitive." I think that's why I've never been too much into sports of any kind. I'm okay with the teamwork within a team, but I don't like the competition between teams. I much prefer the win-win scenarios.

A favorite time in my life was when I was working on a team project to produce the hardware and the software to fabricate a new product. It was GREAT to be cooperative and work together from different angles to come up with the solutions needed to make the parts come together as a whole. I'm usually pretty good about meeting deadlines.

For instance, most sprinkler systems just dump water all over the room to quench a fire detected by the sensors. We worked together to come up with a sprinkler system that detected WHERE the fire was in the room, and then used robotics to DIRECT the extinguisher, still in the ceiling, to that location. Much more effective and much less to clean up afterward. We were also working on a detector/locator with faster response time, swiveling the nozzle in the right direction before turning it on.

I'd like to see us all work together toward the goal of better understanding the Scriptures and how they fit together to explain the events of the End Times. When people get "locked in" to their own particular belief-system, with no chance of a change being considered, IMO, we've STUNTED OUR GROWTH! We get set in our ways, and we come to that point in our lives when we, like Roy S. Durstine, say "My mind is made up! Don't confuse me with the facts!" When we say to the Holy Spirit of God, "I can't (won't) learn any more," we're in a VERY BAD PLACE!

Very well said. I agree completely. Although the core elements of scripture ( for example the deity of Christ & the resurrection ) cannot be compromised, there is room for difference of opinion on the minor matters. Unity should be sought whenever possible.

• Thumbs Up 2