JohnR7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Our Lord does not tolerate religious relics or idols to be admired or worshipped in His church. God buried Moses at an undisclosed burial site; one reason of several might be to prevent idolatry and saint worship.

The relic of the Brazen Serpent was reduced to powder for this reason. The golden pot of Manna and Aaron’s budding rod suddenly disappeared from inside the Ark of the Covenant.

Even today, in churches, men bow down to statues of Mary and Saints and pray to them for intercession. Wear religious medallions of Mary and the saints, and fumble around with beads hailing Mary full of grace. I will leave the Pope out of it.

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

If that shroud was put on public display, what would most likely happen? I find the following scripture interesting:

John 20:7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

As mentioned above, Jesus was so scarred and disfigured that it took time for everyone to discern and realize who He was. His beard was ripped off by the handful, not seen in that shroud. It seems apparent that Jesus will bear those scars, wounds, and disfigurements for all of eternity, as He bore them in His glorified body.

Speaking of the empty tomb, PRAISE THE LORD!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

The Shroud is a demonic distraction.  Like much in the Catholic church.  They even believe in evolution when there is no evidence for it.  

The Gospel says that there were 2 pieces of cloth found in the empty tomb.  One was for the head and the other for the body.  I don't think it's too hard to figure out...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Our faith does not rely on the Shroud of Turin but on the written Word of God.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Psalm 34 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him from them all. 20 He protects all his bones; not one of them will be broken.

That's in reference to Jesus' legs not being broken as was the custom of those hastening the crucifixion.  Soldiers broke the legs of those dying on crosses to speed things up.  They did not do that to Jesus.

But, let's put that aside.

Is that all you got from my post?  Don't you see know how this piece of cloth is a fake?  It does not match the Bible account of Jesus' dead body at all.

Do you see that now?

Edited by Jayne
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

34 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Don't you see know how this piece of cloth is a fake? 

I researched it and I do not think it is a fake. But if you do, that is fine. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

26 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

You didn't research it good enough.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

Pope Clement IV declared that the shroud was a fraud 600 years ago. So, even The Vatican acknowledges that this shroud is fraudulent, and this declaration is rather old as well. The shroud of Turin is widely recognized as a medieval forgery. 

The last forensic examination of this item occurred in 2018; researchers discovered that the blood patterns on the shroud were contrived. In order to arrive at the so-called blood stains on the shroud, the individual would have had to have been in two radically different poses simultaneously.

Edited by Marathoner
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

So do you believe all your research of all this cool stuff you have 'discovered' from those modern scientist is valid?
Do you believe all the bible?    Do your ears itch?.........:unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I recently heard a molecular scientist explain that the only way the shroud could have happened was from an atomic incident occurring from beneath it, such as the resurrection.  The blood had been pushed to the outside of the shroud.  Wish I could remember it all better.  It was a bit above my head, but there were many scientists in the audience who understood better.  I wasn't interested enough to buy his book with all his experiments, data and scientific method.  

17 hours ago, ayin jade said:

For unbelievers in Christ, no proof (artifacts like the shroud) is enough or even needed since it is by faith that folks are saved. For Christians, no proof is necessary. 

Amen! Jade.  Well said!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, Sower said:

So do you believe all your research of all this cool stuff you have 'discovered' from those modern scientist is valid?
Do you believe all the bible?  

I believe ALL of the Bible. At least 99% of the Bible. There could be some copy errors, but those are usually self-correcting. The issue has to do with translation and interpretation. 

Science has a half life of 50 years. I argue with my doctors about this all the time. Science is a method to get at the facts and discover the truth about the natural evidence that God has given us: like Geology or Fossils. We are always learning and growing in our understanding. I remember back in the 60's when the first book on DNA came out. It was on my reading list at the time. We have come a long way in our understanding of DNA over the last 50 years and we are still learning a lot more about it. 

"The Double Helix: A Personal Account of the Discovery of the Structure of DNA is an autobiographical account of the discovery of the double helix structure of DNA written by James D. Watson and published in 1968. It has earned both critical and public praise, along with continuing controversy about credit for the Nobel award and attitudes towards female scientists at the time of the discovery." Wiki