IGNORED

The Unofficial Official Pizza of Worthy - Poll to determine! - DON'T SKIP THE POLL and READ the TEXT FIRST!

Omegaman 3.0

Choose the ingredients you DO NOT want on Pizza  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following items do you NOT want on pizza - multiple choice

• Pepperoni
    • Mushrooms
    • Onions
    • Sausage
    • Bacon
    • Black Olives
    • Green Peppers
    • Pineapple
    • Spinach
    • Ham

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2022 at 06:59 AM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

20 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

OK, it is probably way too early to make a guess about the final pizza, but it might be possible that the pizza will be a 1 topping or 2 topping pizza, 3 is the max. It is okay to make a guess this early, but the final is about a month away, and a lot can happen in a month. Of course, if you want to make your "claim" on a pepperoni, sausage and onion pizza as what the polling will eventually narrow it down to, that is fine, and you can always change your mind later.

If we have a weird situation for example, that pepperoni will be the least rejected topping, and all the other toppings are tied for most disliked, I don't know if that means that I do some coin tossing to break ties with less popular toppings, and make a three topping winner, or just use the most popular topping. Honestly, I have done quite a bit of thinking about various scenarios, but not enough to where I have it all figured out.

I am willing to entertain suggestions, but I think for now, I will play it loose and see if how the voting goes and see if it does not sort of evolve the outcome organically, whatever that means, lol. I am assuming that you voted. Please make sure you do, if you have not, before the deadline date/time.

I'm a "shrug the shoulders and eat it" type. It doesn't matter to me what's on it. So long as it doesn't kill me, it's fair game.

I had to vote something out, of course, so I gave ham the left foot of fellowship. A lackluster topping. :mellow:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Stormy with a Chance of Pizza

chanceofpizza.jpg.aec2e68ae819221d4b32908ff0daecff.jpg

19 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I'm a "shrug the shoulders and eat it" type. It doesn't matter to me what's on it. So long as it doesn't kill me, it's fair game.

I had to vote something out, of course, so I gave ham the left foot of fellowship. A lackluster topping. :mellow:

I'd do that to green peppers, a real "shrug" (as is ham) to me, but if they are on the pizza, I won't remove them. Olives, I'd remove, though in a state of extreme laziness once, I ate some pizza that had olives, and I confess, I did not even vomit! Still, not a fan of the Drano taste.

I am surprised to see spinach doing so poorly. I recognize that it might not be the first thing that comes to mind as a pizza topping, but I get junk mail, and every week there is a ad for a spinach and pepperoni pizza. If it was not for the fact that it is $18 for a medium, I'd have tried it. Probably iy appeals to me, because the best lasagna I ever had, was spinach lasagna.

It is fun watching the graph of the votes change, the more that vote, to more accurate the polling probably is as a representation of what people like and don't like. I wonder if taatistically, Atheists choose different pizzas, that Christians. I suspect Jews are a little different, due to Kosher thinking, that is what the tuna pizza was about that I associated with George in a previous post. In Israel, beef and cheese together, is not going to be as common, and forget pork products.

8 hours ago, NCAP said:

That sounds serious, that is, making your own pizza. Do you make your own? If so, I think we should start a thread on making pizza.

And if we do start a thread, let's begin the discussion with making pizza dough. Double zero (00) flour can be a little pricy and maybe sometimes hard to obtain.

What would you use as a substitute?

I have a stock of frozen pizza on hand always. Some of them are quite good, and so inexpensive, that they are hard to resist. I have made my own, but I don't find it worth the trouble, and it it costs more to make, that to buy. That might be different if one was doing a pizza party, one a one off pizza is a bit extravagant and pricey.

My local Winco Foods market though, had several interesting compromises. The sell fresh make pizzas for you to bake at home, they sell fresh made rolled out pizza dough for you top your self (and of course they sell toppings and sauce) for you to assemble and bake at home. The sell fresh made balls of pizza dough, that you can roll out at home, and all are pretty good and reasonably priced. 

I'd do these thing more often, but I don't drive, and walking, taking the bus, or riding a bicycle takes  a lot of fun out of carrying an 18 inch disk. Another thing I have entertained but talked myself out of, several times, is building my own wood fired pizza smoking oven. However, just because you can do something, does not mean you should. I do have a smoker though, and have thought about smoking a pizza in that, but have not done so, so far.

About starting a pizza making thread, that might have possibilities, and if it existed, I might participate - sometimes challenges and company in a pursuit, inspire me. If I were going to be involved, I'd probably be more likely to do that in our club.

I've not tried it, but I have read that people have even made pizza crust from cauliflower. I do have a bread maker around here somewhere, I imagine there are pizza dough recipes online for using those.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I'm a cheater- no desire to make dough these days ( especially in Florida where nothing rises properly),Publix supermarket sells these great roasted garlic flatbread( sort of like a thick Greek style pita)I take one of those ,slice up some muzzarella ,sometimes pepperoni,s augage or both,grated parmesan romano& top with a little marinara ...toast! Viola

Btw,any real Italian knows the cheese goes on before the sauce btw- then you don't have everything slide off the pizza when you pick it up after you've sliced it.... 👍

Edited by kwikphilly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I'm a cheater- Publix supermarket sells these great roasted garlic flatbread( sort of like a thick Greek style pita)I take one of those ,slice up some muzzarella ,sometimes pepperoni,s augage or both,grated parmesan romano& top with a little marinara ...toast! Viola

Btw,any real Italian knows the cheese goes on before the sauce btw- then you don't have everything slide of the pizza when you pick it up after you've sliced it.... 👍

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I'm a cheater- Publix supermarket sells these great roasted garlic flatbread( sort of like a thick Greek style pita)I take one of those ,slice up some muzzarella ,sometimes pepperoni,s augage or both,grated parmesan romano& top with a little marinara ...toast! Viola

Btw,any real Italian knows the cheese goes on before the sauce btw- then you don't have everything slide of the pizza when you pick it up after you've sliced it.... 👍

That sounds delicious!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Favorite pizza >

pepperoni

onion

mushroom

with a :) with the server !

Remember everyone . . .

7 days without pizza, makes one weak!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

Spinch, chicken, alfredo pizza is delicious.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/1/2022 at 7:39 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

However, just because you can do something, does not mean you should.

Thanks for sharing. And that is really something to think about, that is, just because a person can do something should it be done?

I do want to start a thread on at least making the pizza crust, since the crust is the foundation of the pizza. It's not as much work as one may think if one has the right tools and supplies. And of course, if a person doesn't drive (Plan A), then going to Plan B makes sense, or, as the saying goes: There is more than one way to skin a cat.