IGNORED

The Unofficial Official Pizza of Worthy - Poll to determine! - DON'T SKIP THE POLL and READ the TEXT FIRST!

Omegaman 3.0

Choose the ingredients you DO NOT want on Pizza  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following items do you NOT want on pizza - multiple choice

• Pepperoni
    • Mushrooms
    • Onions
    • Sausage
    • Bacon
    • Black Olives
    • Green Peppers
    • Pineapple
    • Spinach
    • Ham

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2022 at 06:59 AM

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

The Unofficial, Official Pizza of Worthy
The time has come again for the annual (once every several years)
Worthy members selected official food poll

This one is a bit different from past ones in several ways. However, before we get into those details, first a little trivial background. First, as everyone knows, October is the official month for celebrating pizza as the favorite food in the U.S. I know we have an international membership, but it is what it is. I am in the U.S. and since this is my thread, I get to make the rules (more or less). Apart from it being the 35th annual pizza month, the month ends on a celebratory day, Reformation Day, a holiday celebrated by Protestant Christians.

pizzamonth.png.165b1fc733cf981dc2c11834f4d5040f.png

Now, as you probably know, pizza is made with bread, and breaking bread is a Christian tradition of fellowship since the beginning of the church. I want to help you celebrate that, or just have a pizza if the reformation because it is good, if the Reformation is no big deal to you.

So. how is this official Worthy food poll different from past ones?

Well, in the past we have voted from user nominated choices, our favorite things. This time, I nominated the initial choices. This saves time and besides the list is predetermined (mostly) by forces outside of my control. Think of it like this:
If I were to ask for your favorite Bible verse, the choices are too many. Also, you might nominate something weird, like 2nd Opinions, Chapter 1, verse 1. Honestly, sometimes I think that book is in the Bible of some here at Worthy, but moving on . . .

The poll allows you to choose from ten ingredients as pizza toppings. That is not very unusual. This time however, you choose from ingredients you do NOT want on a pizza. The most commonly selected items, will not be on the official Worthy pizza.

pepperoni.jpg.f3c11801ac2088e72e61773ef686f481.jpg
mushrooms.jpg.b1ec5a5b6b988dd87cae15a6de557b8a.jpg onions.jpg.1b66194c7478cb2f4a42b066edf79915.jpg sausage.jpg.3a399b98861aba2654ca9869e65a9150.jpg bacon.jpg.6366b2f5c42a57d03ca5ec846e4eea5e.jpg
blackolives.jpg.82506a1eb6d882d16dbba46d674a6d7f.jpg greenpeppers.jpg.4ef4297e185a3b54130eb57e61669970.jpg pineapple.jpg.b3769bd09481cbd75100e7c62819e35a.jpg spinach.jpg.45658acf54581be86ea24b180d87cb6a.jpg ham.jpg.efef2a379f4bc45f53a60017b69cfddb.jpg

Here is how it works. First, there is the elimination rounds. There are 10 topping ingredients listed. I have my reasons for these ten, and not others. Usually, I would have you vote for the ingredients you like, this time you vote for ingredients you DO NOT WANT on the pizza you and your dining guests will be sharing. That is right! I said you and your guests. Therefore, as you consider the item, you might want co consider others and what you think their tastes are. Of course, I cannot force you to share your pizza with others, you are free to be as self focused as you choose. This goes double for those who are adamant free willers!

Now, I intend to give someone, a gift card for $30 to Dominos Pizza. Most people in the U.S. have a Dominos near them somewhere. If you do not, you can give your card away. It is better to give than to receive anyway, so I hear! However, I am not sure that that rule of thumb applies to pizza.

pizzacard.png.83b20a6ff65bdeede9d5df25c684a972.png

Be aware that to receive the gift card, you will need to provide (message me if you are the winner) an email address where you (or the person of your choice) can receive the e-card. Don't give out the e-mail address of others without their permission, and do not share it publicly on the forum.

Continuing . . .

The 5 most voted for ingredients (ingredients that people do not want) will be eliminated from the ingredients in the round 2 poll, leaving the 5 least rejected ingredients (possibly the same as the five most liked ingredients).

In round 2, a poll will be provided which features the 5 remaining toppings list. From those 5 toppings, you will be able to choose to eliminate a few more toppings. If there are ties in numbers, then I will break the ties with a coin toss. The details of secondary round voting, might be adapted to fit unforeseen circumstances, so for now we'll just do round one, eliminating 5 of the first 10 offered, then see how it goes. I do not know yet, how many rounds there will be, circumstance may affect that. but perhaps just two rounds.

The list of 10 (if that is not obvious), is pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, sausage, bacon, black olives (also known as lye berries - not libraries), green peppers, pineapple, spinach, and ham. the final official Worthy pizza, will be a three topping pizza, unless the voting ends up somehow reducing it to two items, or one item. Probably you can guess, that I have not thought this through, and am sort of making it up as a go along. May the best pizza win.

Speaking of winning, there is the issue of who gets the $30 Dominos' gift. By the way, they have pizza, desserts, drinks, side orders, breads, salads, chicken, sandwiches and pasta, maybe more, at some locations. Spend the $30 as you see fit, and pray a prayer of thanksgiving!

At the end of the polling on October 30th, midnight, Pacific time zone, the voting will be locked on the final round. In the comment area in the thread, you can specify a three item, two item, or one item pizza of your choice. If your designated pizza is a match for what the polling determines as the official Worthy pizza, you will be eligible to get the $30 value prize. Now, there may be more that one person who guesses correctly. In such a case, the earliest mention of the choice, will be the winner. Now there is another thing, once you  specify a pizza choice in one of your posts, you may not edit the post. If you do, that post will be disqualified. You may create another post to change your mind, but of course that will have a new time stamp and hurt your chances of being the earliest of those making choices, and a new post will disqualify any previous choice you made, so keep that in mind. In other words, it is easier to guess accurately, the longer you wait and see how the polling is going, but, it is important to be right early if possible, the early bird gets the worm. Since few like worms though, I am providing pizza.

This is a link to the timer showing time left until the poll ends.

The above link is to the time which show when the poll itself ends. New votes may be cast up until that time. However, there is also the matter of people voicing their predictions, of what the final pizza will be. Those predictions will determine who wins the prize or prizes. Those prediction must be recorder in the comment sections of the final polling, or here in this poll. The earliest correct guess wins. If a person posts a later guess than their first guess, that is allowed, but that disqualifies any previous guesses. Also this means that no editing of existing guesses is allowed, that would be cheating, so once you guess, leave that guess alone. If you want to make a new guess you may do so, but in a separate, later, post.

Now, there is a deadline for your guess for what you think the official pizza will be, it ends 2 hours before the polling for the official pizza ends. The time until the last opportunity to state your guess for the purpose of claiming the prize is shown at the following timer:

Official Worthy Pizza Poll Outcome Guessing

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 1 Cor 9:24

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Pepproni and mushrooms and sausage and green pepper and bacon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

14 minutes ago, Coffeespiller87 said:

I hate mushrooms. I love pineapple on the pizza. I can't have sausage because of an allergy. 

Glad to see the comment area is working, thanks for participating ladies!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Pepperoni, Sausage and Onion

10 hours ago, Coffeespiller87 said:

What about them?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Those r the ones to keep

5 minutes ago, Coffeespiller87 said:

Those r the ones to keep

ah, ok, but you did not need to say so, that was why you voted in the poll. I was asking because I was wondering if that might be your 1, 2, or 3 ingredient final pizza guess, to win the gift!

crossword puzzle - pdf file is printable, or just go to

Worthy Pizza Crossword Puzzle Online

crossword.pdf

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

We always get pepperoni, or pepperoni/mushroom/sausage/green pepper pizza. 

Onions are poison to me so it is never on a pizza. 

• Thumbs Up 1