• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

Technology is a wonderful asset when used righteously. 

Sorry, but I think you could be a troll.  You are Roman Catholic aren't you?  Not that that has much to do with, but it could.  You post controversial questions to get a reaction and then you agree with almost all the responses.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Church by definition is referring to an assembly.  In reference to the bible, it is referring to an assembly of God's people.  Even the Israelites were called a church in the OT.   I would say when two or more are gathered in his name its a church.  

This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and [with] our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: - Act 7:38 KJV

And Moses did as the LORD commanded him; and the assembly [The Church] was gathered together unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. - Lev 8:4 KJV

Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation [Church] of the children of Israel. - Num 14:5 KJV

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Church by definition is referring to an assembly.  In reference to the bible, it is referring to an assembly of God's people.  Even the Israelites were called a church in the OT.   I would say when two or more are gathered in his name its a church.  

This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and [with] our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: - Act 7:38 KJV

And Moses did as the LORD commanded him; and the assembly [The Church] was gathered together unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. - Lev 8:4 KJV

Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation [Church] of the children of Israel. - Num 14:5 KJV

This is the ESV:-

38 This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him at Mount Sinai, and with our fathers. He received living oracles to give to us.

Congregation is church.  But Jews don't have "church" like Christians do today.

41 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

@Dave-regenerated Easy up there. 

@Not of the World I hope you will forgive the above poster for his harsh assessment. I believe I have an understanding of your ex-Roman Catholic status and curiosity, and I don't mind your conversational style of posting which I perceive is not malevolent but rather indicative of your desire to engage at a particular level.

I hope we can all edify one another as per Scripture, and I do regard Worthy Christian Forums as an online ekklesia with both advantages and disadvantages,(like most, have you read Corinthians?), ekklesias as such being where 2 or 3 are gathered in the Lord's Name with Him in the midst.

Blessings from Michael37 

I feel sorry that you want to paint me in a bad light by apologising for what I said and therefore attempting to speak for me and everybody else.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

1 hour ago, Dave-regenerated said:

This is the ESV:-

38 This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him at Mount Sinai, and with our fathers. He received living oracles to give to us.

Congregation is church.  But Jews don't have "church" like Christians do today.

No the church today is divided up with over 40,000 denominations that don't agree with one another. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

4 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I feel sorry that you want to paint me in a bad light by apologising for what I said and therefore attempting to speak for me and everybody else.

He speaks for me, in this case.
As a moderator Michael37 has authority and responsibility to moderate.
He has apologized to a new member for a rude accusation.
I also am an ex catholic and understand Notofthisworld's  questions.
If he is a still catholic, at least he is being exposed to the truth here.
And has been polite, showing Christian courtesy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Worthy is an on-line Christian message board to share God's Word. Unfortunately it has become much more. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

18 hours ago, Not of the World said:

True or false?

Hi Not of the World,

I would say some people here, (the true believers) are part of the ekklesia - the called out ones, the church, the Body of Christ. (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

It is a spiritual organism that grows in Christ by speaking the truth in love. (Eph. 4: 15)

That is who the Lord is coming for. 

Marilyn.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.83

17 hours ago, Dave-regenerated said:

Sorry, but I think you could be a troll.  You are Roman Catholic aren't you?  Not that that has much to do with, but it could.  You post controversial questions to get a reaction and then you agree with almost all the responses.

What?!  No.  I left the RCC about 6 years ago and I have shared (here) some of my reasons for doing so.  If one is expected to exercise discernment in order to leave the RCC then it should be expected that one will exercise discernment with everything else, which includes asking many questions.  I have mostly (but not always) expressed agreement with answers that I have been given because they have been BIBLICALLY based.  How could I not agree?  

• Loved it! 1