• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

10 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Paul has no place with the 12. But I speculate that he will be in charge of the millions of Gentiles who flow through Jerusalem in the Millennium. Pure speculation - don't quote me!

Oops! Sorry, brother...

I couldn't resist. :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

21 hours ago, Space_Karen said:

o be clear, do people sin due to their own choices.

Or is it Adam's choices, which are directly responsible for decisions people make today which lead to sin.

I think that is the fulcrum point of the discussion. 

Some claim that Adam is responsible for every poor choice they ever made in life.

I prefer to believe that poor choice I have made were my own.

We have Adam's nature, which includes sinful decisions. Since we are all individuals, we are responsible for those decisions even though they were due to our Adamic nature.

How does this unpack? Why should we be responsible for something we couldn't help?

Because we still have a will and because of the law written in our hearts, we know what right and wrong is, so we could still choose right if we wanted to, even in these fallen natures. The fact that most don't do this is proof we needed Jesus. Those who don't accept Christ have decided not to take advantage of the solution to our problem, so they only have a nature that sins and tries to do good sometimes, or maybe a distorted view of what looks good to them. They may well think themselves to be 'good' people. This is also an illusion that comes along with not opening up to Christ.

Unsaved people can choose to do good things, but since they have never dealt with their sinful natures through Christ Jesus, nothing they do will earn them passage to the Father.

This is what is so very dangerous of religions that teach any form of working our way to God or making things right through some ordinance or confession to men while omitting the need for the blood of Christ over us. People can  "feel" forgiven by doing these religious things. Which is worse- A non religious person that knows they are a sinner and needs help OR the religious person who thinks they are clean because they confessed their sins to a man in a robe? 

The second example is like a person who eats to the full on food that has no nutritional value. They feel full, but inside they are starving.