• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

I'm so appreciative of all who have served - no matter when, no matter where.  If you served or are serving, why don't you say so here.  We would like to know.

THANK YOU!!  God bless you!!  :wub:

Yesterday, my DAR group passed out "thank-yous" to senior adult veterans at the senior adult center Veterans Day luncheon.  We pass out something every year.

I am happy to say that this year we passed out giant print Bibles.  We had about 75 and even some of the wives got one.  The only thing I was not happy about was that I did not get to be there.

Have a great day and know how much you are appreciated!! :36:

I served with the third 3rd Marine Division in Vietnam, 1968-1969. Thanks for your acknowledgement.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Happy Veteran's Day, formerly Armistice Day. May we all know a world without war. Until then, God bless the fighters who protect us from the horrors we know not.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,260
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

its remembrance day in canada i had a cousin who died in the last iraq war. he was a marine and his humvee drove over a landmine

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

I served in the U.S. Army during the Gulf War (Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm).

My father served in the U.S. Army for 28 years, 1958 - 1986. He did time in Vietnam. 

My mother was in the Women's Army Corps, 1960 - 1964 (discharged when she married my father).

My paternal grandfather was in the U.S. Navy during WW2; 5 of my 6 maternal uncles served in wars from Korea to Vietnam; all but one of my male cousins served during wars ranging from Vietnam to Iraq and Afghanistan. They either served in the Army or Marine Corps.

Two of my siblings enlisted in the United States Army following the Gulf War.

While I appreciate the acknowledgement, no thanks are needed. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, bropro said:

I served with the third 3rd Marine Division in Vietnam, 1968-1969. Thanks for your acknowledgement.

Gary

1st Mar Div, 3rd herd, am-tracks amphibious, 66-67-68.   I Corps, Chu lai, DaNang, DMZ.

Gary

In Him Who is
 Semper Fi

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

15 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Happy Veteran's Day, formerly Armistice Day. May we all know a world without war. Until then, God bless the fighters who protect us from the horrors we know not.

How does serving in the military line up with the Bible's teaching of "being no part of the world" (John 17:16) and other texts that encourage Christian neutrality, such as John 18:36: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

I believe the Amish and Quakers follow the Biblical admonition to stay neutral and so do not serve in the military.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BibleStudent100 said:

How does serving in the military line up with the Bible's teaching of "being no part of the world" (John 17:16) and other texts that encourage Christian neutrality, such as John 18:36: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

I believe the Amish and Quakers follow the Biblical admonition to stay neutral and so do not serve in the military.

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

There is a reason there are nations and a reason nations have borders, and that borderline does not magically protect itself against aggression and hostility. The Lord prepared a land of milk and honey for Israel during the exodus.

Was Israel (and anyone else) allowed to walk in and take the land peacefully? Take possession of it, or did they have to fight, and many die for that land and ideal?

I do not see where pacificism and cowardice are taught anywhere in the Bible, on the contrary. It cost Israel 40 years of wandering in circles. David, Gedeon, and Samson are in the Biblical Hall of fame (Hebrews 11:32) for faith and subduing kingdoms; they were warriors. Heaven has an Army (the heavenly host) to do battle.

From the plethora of Biblical examples, the history of the world, our Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution of the United States of America. We deduce that with man, “freedom is NOT free.” Someone must pay the price.

Onward their Christian soldier.  😊

Vietnam Rockets.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

King David served his country too .. without these brave people who knows if we would even be here today let alone free to worship as we will . I praise God I never had to make that choice but only thanks to those who did so before me :th_praying:

1 hour ago, BibleStudent100 said:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1