• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, BillyBOC said:

Nobody is claiming infallibility at all, the question is why so much infighting, discord, false and questionable doctrine, why all the confusion?

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

And the help is available in all the other verses quoted, then why?

Group think, where consensus is obligatory, has been proven dangerous and disastrous.

Amo 3:3  Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?

Let's give it a go . . .

• Infant Sprinkling versus Believer's Baptism.
  • Trinity versus Non-Trinity.
  • Predetermination versus Freewill.
  • Charismatic Continuation versus Charismatic Cessation
  • Pretribulation versus Mid-tribulation versus Post-tribulation
  • High Church hierarchal clergy with titles, robes, pageantry, liturgies, & pagan practices versus simple biblical fellowship.  

3Jn 1:5-10  Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the brethren and for strangers,  (6)  who have borne witness of your love before the church. If you send them forward on their journey in a manner worthy of God, you will do well,  (7)  because they went forth for His name's sake, taking nothing from the Gentiles.  (8)  We therefore ought to receive such, that we may become fellow workers for the truth.  (9)  I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us.  (10)  Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, BillyBOC said:

...the question is why so much infighting, discord, false and questionable doctrine, why all the confusion?

Vanity?  Pride?  I don't know.  

Matthew 18:4

English Standard Version

4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Amo 3:3  Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?

Let's give it a go . . .

• Infant Sprinkling versus Believer's Baptism.
  • Trinity versus Non-Trinity.
  • Predetermination versus Freewill.
  • Charismatic Continuation versus Charismatic Cessation
  • Pretribulation versus Mid-tribulation versus Post-tribulation
  • High Church hierarchal clergy with titles, robes, pageantry, liturgies, & pagan practices versus simple biblical fellowship. 

Speaking for myself, I should probably focus on following the Great Commandment and not concern myself too much with everything else, as a lot of it may be open to interpretation. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, BillyBOC said:

Yes, and nearly all lead back to the RCC and CC today and all have one tenet rooted in the RCC/CC and the one tenet you have to adhere to to be a Christian.

Sounds like you don't  know why many of these chur he's came to be.

You do know that the reformation was a reaction against the u biblical doctrines of the roman Catholic chur h.

That methodism came to be because an unsaved, class conscious  church didn't  want anything to do with working class Christians.

Many churches formed because they had no other option, or clash over theology.

Question for you. The church  you are a member of and attend each week starts teaching some questionable subjects.

What do you do?

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

54 minutes ago, Who me said:

Sounds like you don't  know why many of these chur he's came to be.

You do know that the reformation was a reaction against the u biblical doctrines of the roman Catholic chur h.

That methodism came to be because an unsaved, class conscious  church didn't  want anything to do with working class Christians.

Many churches formed because they had no other option, or clash over theology.

Question for you. The church  you are a member of and attend each week starts teaching some questionable subjects.

What do you do?

You still have not answered my question!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

On 11/14/2022 at 12:01 AM, BillyBOC said:

It is stated that God is not the author of confusion but the author of peace as in all the churches of the saints, then why are there so many denominations with so many different beliefs and doctrines and outright confusion, where is the peace and understanding?

Man is the reason.  When man remains in Him, there is peace, but when man begins to explain God's ways to others, peace is sacrificed with man's own understanding.

Just answering out loud!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Who me said:

What do you do?

Search the Bible and then ask the many learned people here. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/13/2022 at 11:01 PM, BillyBOC said:

It is stated that God is not the author of confusion but the author of peace as in all the churches of the saints, then why are there so many denominations with so many different beliefs and doctrines and outright confusion, where is the peace and understanding?

You've answered your own question.

[1] God is not the author of confusion.

[2] Mankind is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

I recently touched on this topic in another thread while researching something else. There are many denominations within denominations. It was even beginning in the apostolic age. Divisions escalated in earnest during and after the reformation, primarily due to theology.

All these splits on a chart look like a genealogy family tree with so many branches.

1 Corinthians 1:12 (KJV) Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Divisions and splits have occurred over everything, from OSAS issues to secondary issues of church doctrine.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

On 11/14/2022 at 5:01 AM, BillyBOC said:

We see this in 1 Corinthians 14:33 and then we see in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 that scripture is profitable doctrine, correction, study and that is that the man of God may be perfect. We see in Matthew 4:4 that the Word that proceed out of the mouth of God feeds us and we see that that word is the scriptures today and that that is all we need according to 2 Timothy 3:16-17. Then in John 14:26 we see that the Holy Ghost will teach you everything, then again, why are there so many conflicting doctrines, so many arguments and meaningful but misleading and sometimes purely false doctrines and statements, so many minor and major points of confusion in the Body of Christ, why is the Bride of Christ so questionable today?

Just thinking out loud!

Much of it would be down to what they think the word says and folowers taking it as gospel. the verse " knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation," 

2pt 1v20