• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

That's what you get when a narcissist is in office.  Their personality overshadows their achievements.  If he ever became humble, he could go much further then people ever thought.

Jimmy Carter was humble, and was a very nice person and dedicated Christian.....   he was also about the worst president we've ever had.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, other one said:

Jimmy Carter was humble, and was a very nice person and dedicated Christian.....   he was also about the worst president we've ever had.

Biden makes Carter look like Abraham Lincoln.  

Edited by Not of the World
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I'm very much in the same "boat" as you with regards to Trump.  Some I know, including my dad, are all in with Trump no matter what it seems. My wife and some others close to us have had enough.  I voted for him the first time because he was an outsider, and I was fed up with corrupted, inside-the-beltway-politics.  The 2nd time, like you, I held my nose and voted for him to keep Biden out.  But now, there's others that can do much the same thing, who have a much better presence and don't automatically alienate large segments of the population each time they open their mouths.  A close circle of people I know feel the same way.  Time to move on . . .

Being in Arizona, we had Kari Lake pop up on the radar as a conservative. She is much better spoken than Trump, and may even know many of the issues better than most, since she was a local TV anchor for many years.  And she jumped on the Trump band wagon and went full tilt on the whole election denying thing.  However, much of what she was doing seemed contrived, that is, using the Trump affiliation to get elected. But most Arizonians couldn't stomach all that, and voted in a Democrat governor (personally, I did a write in candidate). 

Hi fellow arizonan. I voted for lake but personally I am not sure she was sincere in being a republican since she was only recently a democrat. But I really couldnt stand hobbs. I am shocked kelly won, since he has done nothing for this state. I am shocked fontes won considering how badly he has messed up elections. I am appalled at how the voting turned out. 

20 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Hi fellow arizonan. I voted for lake but personally I am not sure she was sincere in being a republican since she was only recently a democrat. But I really couldnt stand hobbs. I am shocked kelly won, since he has done nothing for this state. I am shocked fontes won considering how badly he has messed up elections. I am appalled at how the voting turned out. 

Massive ballot harvesting is what "won" the election for the Democrats.  It's corrupt.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, other one said:

If we were talking in general terms, I could see how your words would carry weight with my statement, but I was addressing Trump and only him at the time.  Carter and Trump could not be further apart with their personalities.

A lot of negative adjectives can be used to describe Trump's temperament, but his policies were, for the most part, very good for the American people, particularly poor and middle-class Americans.  

Unemployment for minority Americans was NEVER lower than it was under Trump, at least until the pandemic hit our shores.  

The policies of Trump's successor has DECIMATED the standard of living of the aforementioned Americans.  Trillions of dollars in wealth are GONE.  Inflation is horrific and probably getting worse.  We had two straight quarters of negative GDP.  The current administration has been a DISASTER for the American people.  

Trump's mouth was/is bad but his policies are FAR better for average Americans than the current bunch.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 minutes ago, OneLight said:

If we were talking in general terms, I could see how your words would carry weight with my statement, but I was addressing Trump and only him at the time.  Carter and Trump could not be further apart with their personalities.

I think that was my point.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Hi!  Well, part of it was people thinking that candidates were just hitching their wagon to Trump to win, and part of it is the influx of voters from California and other places.

In the end, however, I'm trusting the Lord's purpose will prevail . . .

And hopefully now this thread can get back on track from that little "diversion" it took over the last few hours! :D

36 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Hi!  Well, part of it was people thinking that candidates were just hitching their wagon to Trump to win, and part of it is the influx of voters from California and other places.

The Democrats apparently went out and collected massive numbers of mail-in ballots, which were just barely enough.  How many independents and Republicans didn't bother to vote?  How many of them will be despairing over run-away inflation after choosing not to vote?  :bored-1:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

27 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

The Democrats apparently went out and collected massive numbers of mail-in ballots, which were just barely enough.  How many independents and Republicans didn't bother to vote?  How many of them will be despairing over run-away inflation after choosing not to vote?  :bored-1:

Source?